Zelda Parallel Worlds v1.2 public beta

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Zelda Parallel Worlds v1.2 public beta - Page 3 Empty Re: Zelda Parallel Worlds v1.2 public beta

Post by qwertymodo Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 16:49

I think I stated it backwards, you actually want the trap doors moved to the bottom, not the top. Basically, if you click on a door and then use the left and right arrow keys, your "special doors" should be all the way to the left, and the "normal doors" should be to the right.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Zelda Parallel Worlds v1.2 public beta - Page 3 Image212

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Zelda Parallel Worlds v1.2 public beta - Page 3 Empty Re: Zelda Parallel Worlds v1.2 public beta

Post by Floki Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 18:18

So basically I just need to click on the shutter door that doesn't work and press CTRL+B to move it to bottom? Simplier than I thought.

Floki

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 18:42

Yep.  Then be sure to check that you haven't broken any other shutters in that same room by bumping them up.  Using the left and right arrow keys, the leftmost (wrt to the arrow key order, not the physical location in the room) door being door #1, be sure that all of your shutters/bomb doors are in slots 1-4 (#5 might work, there's one room in LoZ3 with a shutter in slot 5, but sometimes it seems to be buggy in PW, beyond that almost definitely not).
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by suFami Sun 4 Sep 2016 - 9:22

qwertymodo wrote:Ok, so this is cool.  Got the FastROM patch working.  Makes a HUGE difference in slowdown areas.  It's not quite ready to go yet, all I've done so far is fix the few addresses in the original patch that got changed in PW, so I still need to track down all of the JSR's in any of the code that PW added.  This will also require extensive playtesting, due to the sheer number of changes to the ROM.  I'm not going to release this patch yet until I've managed to get it converted from xkas to bass and integrated into my main build script so I can ensure consistency in my build process, but rest assured, I will post it.

Edit: Ok, it's uploaded.  I still have quite a few to track down in the PW code, but I at least converted all of the JSL's in the rest of the DX code.  I did already have one GFX glitch as a result of the HiROM conversion, which I've fixed, but there may be more bugs.  If you do give this a try and happen to find an issue, please report it.

These FastROM patches are awesome! Who needs SA-1 when you have this...
suFami
suFami
Leever
Leever

Since : 2016-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Thu 22 Sep 2016 - 19:13

I haven't even touched this in over a month, but my current to-do list is winding down.  There are also a few bugs remaining that I don't think I'll be able to fix.

Will Fix:
-Boss room doors in Darunia's Cavern and Nabooru's Hole
-Moldorm respawn in Parallel Tower (probably related to my Impa's Ways crystal fix)
-Finish proofreading monologues (remove warning from SECRET MESSAGE about not getting the mushroom if you have the magic powder)
-Finish checking all shutter door indexes

Might Fix:
-Restore color 3 in credits
-Infinite dig tile
-SPC fallback crossfade on return to MSU-1

Probably Won't Fix:
-Farore's Isle Helmasaur King various bugs
-Darunia's Cavern Vitreous bad blockset
-Various doorway/stairwell layering issues (room 39, 218, etc)
-Nayru's Bay palette change bug
-Farore's Isle upper floor scrolling bug
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Mon 28 Nov 2016 - 19:29

I was just reading through the README file from the original hack to update it for the new release, and I realized that the original v1.00 was released on December 31st, 2006. So, that pretty much settles it, then. I'll be releasing v1.2 on December 31st, 2016. A true 10-year anniversary release, come hell or high water. Whatever I manage to get finished between now and then, that's what it's gonna be. I've been working on this for the better part of a year now, and I think it's time to call it done. There are a handful of things that I know I need to do, such as a few known text bugs. And I hope to finish going through all of the various buggy one-way trapdoors, but I don't know if I'll really be able to finish all of those. We'll see.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Fri 2 Dec 2016 - 0:54

Ok, public beta is uploaded, as promised. Go nuts, guys Wink
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by renkoha Sat 7 Jan 2017 - 23:26

hi everyone i have huge problem with a door in darunia's cave, the thing is i got version 1.2 from ronhacking.net i patched a clean rom and start playing, everything was ood until i arrive this dungeon because i wasn't able to find big chest key anywhere, so i searched for i guide to see what i was missing and found out that big chest key can only be obtained after defeating the six big blue statues that appear in one room but then moves to one below, however i can't go to that room because the only way-in is through a door that opens via switch/defeating monsters and the door that's supposed to open when the statues leave (the one at the bottom of the room) does not open, so is there a way to fix this? (without losing my game if possible)

renkoha
Bee
Bee

Since : 2017-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnathanMonkey Thu 12 Jan 2017 - 0:49

I cannot for the life of me get the audio correct! I patched the rom, extracted the 7z folder with the msu-1 music, placed the pcm files and the msu file, along with the patched rom, into a new folder called zpw.sfc but, it just plays the normal Zelda music and not the MUS-1 music. I have my folder setup like this:

Code:
http://imgur.com/a/eL99l

JohnathanMonkey
Bee
Bee

Since : 2017-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Thu 12 Jan 2017 - 0:59

If you're using Snes9x, are you using a recent git build like this http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,23063.0.html ?  They haven't put out an official release with MSU-1 support yet.  If you're using bsnes, then you need to create a text file named zpw.xml and paste this into it:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<cartridge region="NTSC">
   <rom>
      <map mode="linear" address="00-7d:8000-ffff"/>
      <map mode="linear" address="80-ff:8000-ffff"/>
      <map mode="linear" address="40-6f:0000-7fff"/>
      <map mode="linear" address="c0-ef:0000-7fff"/>
   </rom>
   <ram size="0x2000">
      <map mode="linear" address="70-7d:0000-ffff"/>
      <map mode="linear" address="f0-ff:0000-ffff"/>
   </ram>
   <msu1>
      <mmio>
         <map address="00-3f:2000-2007"/>
         <map address="80-bf:2000-2007"/>
      </mmio>
   </msu1>

</cartridge>
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnathanMonkey Thu 12 Jan 2017 - 1:11

First, thank you for your quick response and assistance! Second, I tried what you said, and it still didn't work. I am using the latest version of Higan, version 1.01.

JohnathanMonkey
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Thu 12 Jan 2017 - 1:41

Oh, higan needs different file names, or else a manifest... I don't have a manifest handy, so default filenames that work without a manifest are:

ROM: program.rom
Save: save.ram
MSU Audio: track-x.pcm
MSU Data: msu1.rom

Give that a try.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnathanMonkey Thu 12 Jan 2017 - 1:49

Awesome! That is exactly what I needed. Also got it working with Snes9x as well. Thank you so much for your help.

This may be a very stupid question, would I be able to use this music with Goddess of Wisdom if I rename the rom? I will leave you alone after this. Thank you again.

JohnathanMonkey
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 12 Jan 2017 - 11:31

This may be a very stupid question, would I be able to use this music with Goddess of Wisdom if I rename the rom? I will leave you alone after this. Thank you again.
Goddess of Wisdom was not coded for FastRom nor for MSU-1, but I might ask others to help implement that on the Goddess Remodel release. Currently both features are not planed for the Remodel.

You see, you actually need to hack the rom to be able to play MSU and the general ALTTP MSU code might not be automatically compatible with hacks. I have to say I never was a fan of MSU and obviously did not look into this.

This might change now that snes9x is supporting it, but Higan and Bsnes... are not my thing.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Zelda Parallel Worlds v1.2 public beta - Page 3 Image213

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnathanMonkey Thu 12 Jan 2017 - 14:49

Oh I see. Ok, thank you for your time.

JohnathanMonkey
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Thu 12 Jan 2017 - 15:20

I posted my simplified asm in the MSU-1 section. Once I'm in front of my main workstation instead of on my phone, I'll double check that it's fully up to date, but it should be as simple as applying that patch.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnathanMonkey Thu 12 Jan 2017 - 16:20

Man that is awesome. Thank you! I will check it out later.

JohnathanMonkey
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Thu 12 Jan 2017 - 23:02

Yeah, there was 1 minor typo, but otherwise it looks correct.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Smek Thu 26 Jan 2017 - 4:48

Popped in to say that I have the exact same problem as renkoha above. Door to big chest key won't open, can't get Cane of Somaria, which means no accessing the Parallel Tower... game over.

Smek
Newcomer

Since : 2017-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Thu 26 Jan 2017 - 4:52

I posted a fix in one of the other threads, can't find it right now, but here's the link: https://t.co/NYYxZ3tqmb

Apply this *on top of* PW 1.2, this isn't a full patch, just the fix.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Smek Thu 26 Jan 2017 - 4:56

Ok thanks! That was quick! Great work on the remake, totally breathes new life into a classic.

Smek
Newcomer

Since : 2017-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Thu 26 Jan 2017 - 5:01

Yeah, there's a few other bugs I'm working on, but so far that's the only game breaker.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 26 Jan 2017 - 11:45

Smek wrote:Popped in to say that I have the exact same problem as renkoha above. Door to big chest key won't open, can't get Cane of Somaria, which means no accessing the Parallel Tower... game over.
Depite the fact that this is "game breaking" it is an easy fix - it is just the hex code priority for objects on bg3.

Open the Rom in a hex editor and go to address
1298B6, and
change from this:
20 18 83 12 60 38 62 36 80 18 82 18 22 00

to this:
60 38 80 18 22 00 62 36 82 18 20 18 83 12

Then reload the game and start a gamefile (no save states) and re-enter the dungeon and the door will open.

PS
qwerty's IPS does the above automatically.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Zelda Parallel Worlds v1.2 public beta - Page 3 Image213

Back to top Go down

Post by grapple Wed 15 Feb 2017 - 16:46

Hey guys, I noticed some issues in Darunia's cavern as well. However not at the Amos Knights (installed the fix for that), but later in the dungeon and not game-breaking either to my knowledge.

- The room at 8:30 in the video. The southern door doesn't open when I push the stone. I guess that's not how it's supposed to be?

- The room at 11:07 in the video. You are stuck here, if you go back into it as the enemy is already dead and the doors are closed. I had to use the book of mudora.

Apart from that, awesome rom!

grapple
Newcomer

Since : 2017-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by altoiddealer Thu 16 Feb 2017 - 2:33

^ Same experience

There are at least 2 rooms that will trap you if you defeat the enemies, walk out, then walk back in.

altoiddealer
Leever
Leever

Since : 2015-10-09

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next