The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Extended

Go down

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Extended Empty The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Extended

Post by Deivix Fri 3 Jun 2016 - 19:59

First of all, sorry for my bad english.

I'm new in the forum and new in the world of the hacks. When I check the forums, I saw  the all-in patch and I was very surprised with all the new content. A Link to the Past is my favorite Zelda, and the idea come to my head "I can apply the patch to the original game, changing some of the items from the original dungeon with the all-in items, and hiding the others items like a secrets". And this is what I do. Also, the enemies do more damage and have more HP, because in my opinion, ALttP is too easy. Already I'm testing the hack, but I want to gift this beta to the forum because I play some hacks I met here.

The hack doesn't change the original game too much, is my first time using hyrule magic, but I try to do my best. The only enemies I change are the castle soldiers, because I think this part is too easy with the default soldiers, so I think is a better idea put more difficult to this part (is the castle conquered by the enemy, too much guards and all are sh*t xD). In the other dungeons, the enemies are practically the same, with the difference of some dungeons, like the thieve's town, in what I change the principal item (tip, take first the magic boomerang before take this item or will be useless...), and the overworld don't have much changes.

I don't want to do much spoilers, so...

A Link to the Past - Extended

Installation: Patch the ips in a no header rom (Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past (U) [!], US) with any ips patcher and enjoy!.

And enjoy! I wait for your feedback Smile

Known bugs:
-Big door in the overworld castle is bugged and I don't know why. In hyrule magic is fine :C
-Intended bug with the Hinox texture in some rooms of the overworld, they look a like a mutant knight (only walking forward and backward, sideways move are so bugged).
-Repeated text in the castle when you are close a door in the entrance with Zelda.
-Nothing more at the moment.

25-6-2020: Updated to the latest ver of All-In patch (Thanks Conn, he made all the work), fixing some bugs like trhe bottles freezing the game. Fixed Helmasaur King disappearing when enter in his room

Tips: save some pebbles in the castle if you don't want to be locked for the rest of your life.
Be careful with the Morning Star guards...
Cannons!
Your hand is powerful.

Last edited by Deivix on Mon 29 Jun 2020 - 18:02; edited 4 times in total
Deivix
Deivix
Bee
Bee

Since : 2016-05-30

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Extended Empty Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Extended

Post by Arnachy69 Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 5:42

Hey man the whole title screen where you fill youre name is bugged. do you know about this bug.???
i'll try serveral things but nothing change Sad

Arnachy69
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2015-09-27

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Extended Empty Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Extended

Post by Deivix Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 14:57

It's ok for me, are you patching the correct ROM? Because I patch the ROM so many times and don't have that error

What emulator are you using?
Deivix
Deivix
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 16:02

Could be his emulator. Some emus and real hardware freak out of if the file size isn't uniform (a common problem with ALttP hacks). If that isn't the case then the problem may be something more serious.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Extended Image213

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Deivix Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 21:46

SunGodPortal wrote:Could be his emulator. Some emus and real hardware freak out of if the file size isn't uniform (a common problem with ALttP hacks). If that isn't the case then the problem may be something more serious.

I'm testing the ROM in ZSNES and work perfectly (same in my girlfriend PC), so... probably is the emu
Deivix
Deivix
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 23:11

Its working fine for me as well me Deivix, but then I'm using Zsnes as well, so it must be another emulator's issue.

Not sure what Arnachy did wrong otherwise.

Floki

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Extended Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 23:25

I just patched the ROM and it was 2MB so file size isn't the issue (would have only be on real hardware, perhaps SNES9X and maybe a few other emus). Perhaps Arnachy just used a bad ROM.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 23:36

This is my guess exactly.

Also....this hack deserves more love. So few Zelda 3 hackers out there.

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Sat 18 Jun 2016 - 23:57

Also....this hack deserves more love. So few Zelda 3 hackers out there.

I was surprised that it took anyone so long to reply to the OP.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnachy69 Sun 19 Jun 2016 - 3:43

SunGodPortal wrote:I just patched the ROM and it was 2MB so file size isn't the issue (would have only be on real hardware, perhaps SNES9X and maybe a few other emus). Perhaps Arnachy just used a bad ROM.

Yeah Right God bad rom i'll don't think so man
i'll used a headerless rom patched the rom with the ips and the title screen where you fill in youre name is messed up
bye the way i used Fusoya Snes9x emu Wink

ps...or i did the rom expand to 2 mb that makes no difference Sad
it's stay's messed up

Arnachy69
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnachy69 Sun 19 Jun 2016 - 3:47

Deivix wrote:It's ok for me, are you patching the correct ROM? Because I patch the ROM so many times and don't have that error

What emulator are you using?

Fusoya Snes9x
from what country youre come Dutch ??? Razz

Arnachy69
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnachy69 Sun 19 Jun 2016 - 4:21

Jaqen wrote:Its working fine for me as well me Deivix, but then I'm using Zsnes as well, so it must be another emulator's issue.

Not sure what Arnachy did wrong otherwise.
@Jager

I'll don't know what it is all try serveral things but nothing
makes difference it stay's messed up
other roms ips patched's works great i'll think the issue is not by me
not a bad rom so Sungod Say's not an issue on a bad emulator
the new hackers here from german when patched the rom with his ips it works great
with other words i'm not a good hacker but i'll know what i'm doing
@Sungod Wink

Arnachy69
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sun 19 Jun 2016 - 6:25

Hey man the whole title screen where you fill youre name is bugged.
Could be his emulator. Some emus and real hardware freak out of if the file size isn't uniform (a common problem with ALttP hacks). If that isn't the case then the problem may be something more serious.
What is happening here is, that the Naming screen was affected and snes9x can no longer emulate it correctly, but Zsnes can. Similar to PW title screen. However this is not the file size issue (since it is of correct suze), nor the emulator issue; it is a combination between affected Rom and the emulator. A hack done right should emulate the same in snes9x and Zsnes, while snes9x can actually show you how real hardware will display it (as we all know PW title screen displays wrong on real hardware and there is a fix for that).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnachy69 Sun 19 Jun 2016 - 7:16

okay Puzzle,
i'll have try on both emulators
but on both the naming screen where fill in youre name is messed up you see only link and the green background
where did i find the fix for it
normaly i'll have no probs with ips ,Xdelta and other patch files
but on these Sad

Arnachy69
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Sun 19 Jun 2016 - 7:28

Even through the naming screen is "messed up" for you, does that prevents you from playing or enjoying the game?

This shouldnt be the main focus of this topic....thats unless you intent to make a cart of it with the intention of selling it...

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Deivix Sun 19 Jun 2016 - 7:41

I'm spanish xD.

I say in the first post, is my first hack, my first time using hyrule magic. But I test the rom on Fusoya Snes9x and my screen it's ok

Spoiler:

This problem is very strange, and I can't know why you have this problem... :C
Deivix
Deivix
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnachy69 Sun 19 Jun 2016 - 8:03

will you do me an favorit? Hombre? olá amigo
comes tá
and upload the patched rom for me
than i can try its bug free if it not a show you a screen
what's it happend Wink
Gracias

Arnachy69
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sun 19 Jun 2016 - 8:52

and upload the patched rom for me
Not on this site obviously. Talk to the guy on email.

No idea what is happening here, since it is like that in all emus for me (might be a directX thing). Of course in such cases the CRC-32 of the correctly patched Rom might solve the issue. If the CRC-32 of patched rom matches, it is a directX (windows) issue.
(This problem however is not preventing us from actually playing the game though).
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Extended Menuse10
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnachy69 Sun 19 Jun 2016 - 9:05

Yessssssssssssss Puzzle
that's the same issue by
and godSun say's he see no issues
now sorry but i'll try everything
but it stay's so like you have here Sad

Arnachy69
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Deivix Mon 3 Oct 2016 - 7:40

For those who want to play this hack on 3DS, use the Snes9x for 3DS emulator, is working fine here ^^. Need homebrew or CFW, but, is a possibility
Deivix
Deivix
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Deivix Thu 25 Jun 2020 - 14:20

Some yeas have passed, but I updated the patch.

25-6-2020: Updated to the latest ver of All-In patch (Thanks Conn, he made all the work), fixing some bugs like trhe bottles freezing the game. Fixed Helmasaur King disappearing when enter in his room
Deivix
Deivix
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfcat Fri 26 Jun 2020 - 4:50

I remember a glitch with Helmasaur King disappearing when enter in his room. I guess it might have been this hack. I just downloaded it. Cool, thank you both.

Wolfcat
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Since : 2016-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Deivix Sun 28 Jun 2020 - 18:31

Another bug found: be careful entering in Kakairo after getting the duck, the game crash. I'm looking for a solution, for now, try to do all the things in Kakariko before pet the duck
Deivix
Deivix
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Deivix Mon 29 Jun 2020 - 18:03

Fixed, again by Conn. IPS updated on the first post
Deivix
Deivix
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down