Hosting roms with different progressions

Go down

Hosting roms with different progressions Empty Hosting roms with different progressions

Post by Erockbrox Thu 4 Jul 2013 - 6:28

I don't know if this would help other hackers on this board or not so I'm just going to ask.

Would it be a good idea to host some roms or patches I mean of clean Zelda 3 games which have certain things unlocked?

Like for example a clean rom that has been beaten all the way though so that other hackers while doing their work dont have to play through the rom an order to get a certain item or location ect.

Basically like post a series of roms that mark certain points of progress throughout the game. Like having a save state after each dungeon that way people don't have to waste time.

I don't know. What do you guys think?
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Hosting roms with different progressions Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Hosting roms with different progressions Empty Re: Hosting roms with different progressions

Post by Puzzledude Thu 4 Jul 2013 - 6:37

Sure, but you really don't need a ROM for that, just a save file, usually SRM. You can also provide a ZST save state from ZSNES, or .000 save state for Snes9x, needed for Geigers Debug version of Snes9x, to trace the RAM during certain in-game animations.

All of those saves will then load the save-RAM (SRAM in a SRM file) into the ROM, which is always the same, you know, the famous US version U!, which everyone seem to have. The name of the SMC and SRM just have to have the same name. So someone can take your SRM save and rename it to the exact name of his SMC and it will load normally, since SRM is compatible to everything and makes an auto reload of the game (save state does not).

You can, however, hack the SRM into the ROM, which is really not recommended, since then the game would start on certain point only.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Hosting roms with different progressions Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Hosting roms with different progressions Empty Re: Hosting roms with different progressions

Post by Conn Thu 4 Jul 2013 - 9:14

I just found an address with all desired savestates:

http://games.technoplaza.net/snes/legendofzelda3/savestates.php
Conn
Conn

Hosting roms with different progressions Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Thu 4 Jul 2013 - 15:23

^That's awesome Conn, because I brought up this idea simply because I read that you didn't want to have to play through the whole game to get to the place where you needed to be.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Hosting roms with different progressions Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 4 Jul 2013 - 17:54

Yes it is Smile now we can trace all things at all occasions without the need to play through the complete game over and over again.
Conn
Conn

Hosting roms with different progressions Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down