Boy, do I have a lot of questions to ask...

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Boy, do I have a lot of questions to ask... - Page 3 Empty Re: Boy, do I have a lot of questions to ask...

Post by Puzzledude Mon 1 Aug 2016 - 14:50

202 is an unused room. The 2 torches and 3 pushable blocks were inserted there as this is how much the original authors had left and the hex code suggests, that they could not leave this un-inserted. It is actually adviced not to touch this room either.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Boy, do I have a lot of questions to ask... - Page 3 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Boy, do I have a lot of questions to ask... - Page 3 Empty Re: Boy, do I have a lot of questions to ask...

Post by BlackStone187 Mon 1 Aug 2016 - 15:23

Oh well, regardless of all that, I made a thing!

Boy, do I have a lot of questions to ask... - Page 3 GflXoRL

Tadah, a visualized dungeon room map! I only found text versions of what each room aproximately is, so I decided to make it easy for myself to plan my dungeons by using this as a reference. I do not need to endlessly puzzle together the rooms in HM anymore, yay. c:
BlackStone187
BlackStone187
Leever
Leever

Since : 2014-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Mon 1 Aug 2016 - 16:03

Nice map, here some minor mistakes you made:
-room 4 is not a cave, but rather the D-7 (dark world crystal 7 dungeon),

-room 3 is Hoolihan room (cave)

-room 40 is also not a cave like on the picture but crystal 2 dungeon

-rooms 32, 48, 64, 176, 192, 208, 224 are the second Hyrule castle, which counts as another dungeon (aka L-4= light world 4th dungeon, the intro dungeon is L-0)

-the rooms actually go beyond 255 (not on the picture), you just need to choose Jump to and type 256, you can then scroll from 256-295 (also caves and houses).

Otherwise I'm actually familiar with the layout. I made the same thing on a paper far back, just never bothered to digitalize it.

PS
You can change the layouts too (ie change which room should be a part of which dungeon).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Boy, do I have a lot of questions to ask... - Page 3 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by wizzrobemaster Mon 1 Aug 2016 - 18:09

Blackstone, there are several empty rooms. Be sure not to touch any of them. I learned the hard way and it messed up my rom. Whenever you save, backup the rom and when it is saved, make a copy of that one as well. Always playtest the rooms you have edited to make sure there are no bugs lying around. Sometimes the doors will not open, but instead you walk through them. I don't know why this happens, but to resolve it, you should readjust the door layout.

Never mess the overlay unless you know what you are doing.

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Since : 2015-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStone187 Mon 1 Aug 2016 - 18:25

Boy, do I have a lot of questions to ask... - Page 3 A3BjPnc

There, now it should be accurate. :v
BlackStone187
BlackStone187
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Mon 1 Aug 2016 - 19:05

I used to have several dungeon rooms which I couldn't edit or save or the editor would crash but after several years of editing, I was able to edit them. Dunno what I did.. but here's my dg map!

Boy, do I have a lot of questions to ask... - Page 3 Image2

Light grey are my unused dungeon rooms (0-255) and dark grey are my unused houses/cave rooms (256-295)!

Floki

Boy, do I have a lot of questions to ask... - Page 3 Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStone187 Tue 2 Aug 2016 - 4:12

Oooh, that's neat. :oo

I hope I'll be able to pull off dungeon designs well. Overworldwise it's going great sofar.
BlackStone187
BlackStone187
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3