Boss Patch

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Boss Patch - Page 2 Empty Re: Boss Patch

Post by Conn Mon 17 Oct 2016 - 9:44

Unrelated: Since Erock tried in Euclid's room to use the flute, I got curious and rechecked the code. I noticed that I once gave you the ported hack to make invisible platforms appear, and this code is implemented in your rom already, since you applied it that time. So it would work, also with L2 flute. The reason why it doesn't work in Euclid's room is that you do not use invisible platforms seen in native ALTTP, but another technique so that you can stand somewhere.
So, it is just an informer that, if you use invisible platforms, you could make them visible with any flute.
You could even give the L1 flute in PW ruins, to ease the pain Erock ran into (that made him use a pen on his TV screen... oh my), also that screen with the HC piece was quite hard to find the plattforms).
But then you must be sure that you MUST open the chest with the L1 flute. If you get L2 flute, players may walk back into pw ruins and collect L1 flute, and L2 flute is overwritten (avoidable through a simple open chest - door opens on the pw ruins main path). Since the ring is mandatory to complete the triforce shrine, players must have beaten pw ruins, and collected the l1 flute, so no problems arising here.

The L1 flute can be tried by 7ef34c-02 (already is silver and only "Harp" in your rom), HM chest item is

HM index 74: L1 flute
(HM index 20: L2 flute (podest))

HM index 71: monologue for L1 flute

So the code is already part of your rom, all needed would be to activate the native invisible platforms via HM (would work with both L1 or only L2 flute). No need to implement, this was just a "wanted to tell you" - the utilization is completely up to you.
Conn
Conn

Boss Patch - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Mon 17 Oct 2016 - 20:22

Euclid wrote:
Conn only need to come out of retirement to do the multi-select dialog thingy, the actual message hooking to save the ram value I can do based off the lost woods/beach combo asm.

Which i'll get to right now!
Euclid
Euclid

Since : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Mon 17 Oct 2016 - 22:04

I toned down Agahfuzz differently in easy mode - because I had no space to change the hooks.

A few more hours left to tune the bosses.
Euclid
Euclid

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Mon 17 Oct 2016 - 22:13

Sounds good!

If you can also do the map fix for the 1st dungeon I believe we are all done after that and I can release the last version to testers *already uploaded the final msu pack).

Much thanks!

edit: lol didnt read your post properly, nvm

Floki

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Mon 17 Oct 2016 - 22:16

As I said before, I can't tone Agahfuzz down that way.
Euclid
Euclid

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Tue 18 Oct 2016 - 1:11

Ok that took hours.

Will get to the other tasks soon.

Basicaly this is the boss and difficulty patch ONLY - the monologue haven't been hooked yet.

Set your ram to 7EF32E with 01 for easy mode.

EDIT: REDOWNLOAD for monologue hook as well. Need Conn to do that monologue thing
Attachments
Boss Patch - Page 2 Attachment
omph.asm.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(8 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
Euclid
Euclid

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Tue 18 Oct 2016 - 1:27

Will apply that and send my latest rom to Conn! Awesome Smile

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Tue 18 Oct 2016 - 1:29

FYI - additional boss changes

Thwomps no longer kb on hard mode - so they really give you a spanking
Bowser is FINALLY tough as nails - if you're struggling think about the strongest weapon in your inventory to kill him fast.
Randomised the hail from Kholdstare a bit, should make running a little harder on hard mode.
4x Mini eyeballs in viteous have been enabled on all difficulties, but they just stand there (but can be killed)
Mini eyeballs have been built tough on hard mode which should give your spin attack/silver arrows a run for its money.
Ganon stayed with 6 bats, i'm too lazy to change it back to 8 for easy mode.
Euclid
Euclid

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Tue 18 Oct 2016 - 1:34

Alright these changes sound good! Don't worry about Ganon bats, its probably better to leave it wih 6 bats as the game no longer lags.

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Tue 18 Oct 2016 - 2:49

Now all that's left is conn's patch - I had a quick look of his asm and it looks like lots of copy and pasting is required on the code to do that...
Euclid
Euclid

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 18 Oct 2016 - 3:09

Will do that this evening, after I'm back home. So only the monologue pop up after selection is needed (223 vs 224?), no flag set?
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Tue 18 Oct 2016 - 3:14

Yes, flag is already being set if the monologue gets loaded.
Euclid
Euclid

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 18 Oct 2016 - 3:15

I see, I just tried and it wasn't set (since the monologue 223/224 didn't appear).

Will do that in a few hours, also need to disable the X-button skip for this monologue Very Happy

Then... we are done? Very Happy
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Tue 18 Oct 2016 - 3:21

Yes, then it's the end!

Game Over Very Happy

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Fri 21 Oct 2016 - 21:57

Changes
- Kholdstare spawns 1 in all modes - should lower the lag a lot
- In replacement Kholdstare cannot be killed by swords (spin or stab) in all modes
- Bowser bounds checking in hard mode, so he doesn't walk off screen or too far forward (you'll see him walking into a virtual boundary when that happens)
- Incorporated ganon freeze fix in here so you can throw that other ASM file away.
Attachments
omph.asm.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(9 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
Euclid
Euclid

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Sat 22 Oct 2016 - 7:52

Because I finally got time to look at it.

Changes:
- Super Agahnim should now all have the same palette (yay! bug fixed)
- Super Agahnim easy/hard mode added (just a little niche fix):
- easy mode is as you have seen before (with the fixed palette, so should be a little harder)
- hard mode the clones don't split to their positions initially, their timers have been synchronised so you really can't tell which one is the real one when they all move initially!

EDIT:
With the above fix I can now actually spawn 3+ fakes but I don't want to mess up conn's code so I'm going to leave it.
Attachments
omph.asm.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(9 Kb) Downloaded 4 times
Euclid
Euclid

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Wed 23 Jan 2019 - 20:02

I was playing the original zelda 3 for the first time in years this week and then got back to my hack and felt it weird many of our bosses would lag this much compared to the original, so will likely need some lag reducing tweaks soon.

Aside lag issues, some bosses are outright difficult if you don't have the right items...viterous with slingshot is kinda painful since the mini eyes have so much hp. Other bosses are just too easy, but I've got plans for those lol.

Euclid wrote:But from that, we can do Mothula with lazors!
$9E/C094 22 5D F6 9D -> 22 12 E6 9D

I can probably redirect the laser at conker, but... seems too unfair XD

Mothula I was thinking you could redirect his lightning directly at you since that dungeon is far enough in the progression.

ArmosKnights x6....this one if you could possibly make it so it turns to rage mode after 3 dead ones instead of the first one, maybe this could make it harder and reduce the lag at the same time.

I'll think of more in the meantime.

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Thu 24 Jan 2019 - 5:17

I gotta have to cross check that the patch there won't break other stuff in the rom before that, but otherwise yeah we can use the same patch.
Euclid
Euclid

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2