ALBW recreated in ALTTP snes, is there any ???

Go down

ALBW recreated in ALTTP snes, is there any ??? Empty ALBW recreated in ALTTP snes, is there any ???

Post by Yoelchris Sun 2 Jul 2017 - 8:28

Is there any romhacks that recreates albw in alttp ??, if any like that exists,please tell me...

Yoelchris
Newcomer

Since : 2017-07-02

Back to top Go down

ALBW recreated in ALTTP snes, is there any ??? Empty Re: ALBW recreated in ALTTP snes, is there any ???

Post by Mr.x Sun 2 Jul 2017 - 13:14

No Smile

Mr.x
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Since : 2014-04-10

Back to top Go down

ALBW recreated in ALTTP snes, is there any ??? Empty Re: ALBW recreated in ALTTP snes, is there any ???

Post by Puzzledude Sun 2 Jul 2017 - 13:22

I don't see the need of such a hack. You simply play ALBW, same for the gameboy Zelda games. Usually the purpose of the hack is to make levels (dungeons, overworlds etc) which previously did not exist.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

ALBW recreated in ALTTP snes, is there any ??? Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoelchris Sun 2 Jul 2017 - 21:30

Owh,okay thanks man...
But,let me tell you why i asked this question,
Because i'm in economical shortage right now...
But in any case, thanks for the answers...

Yoelchris
Newcomer

Since : 2017-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by wizzrobemaster Mon 3 Jul 2017 - 7:19

It would be kind of difficult to do. ALBW has several puzzles, obstacles, and traps that could not work well in a pure 2D engine such as the wall merge.

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Since : 2015-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.x Tue 4 Jul 2017 - 14:18

Puzzledude wrote:I don't see the need of such a hack. You simply play ALBW, same for the gameboy Zelda games. Usually the purpose of the hack is to make levels (dungeons, overworlds etc) which previously did not exist.

ALBW is more or less a remake of ALttP anyway.

Mr.x
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Since : 2014-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Tue 4 Jul 2017 - 14:20

ALBW is more or less a remake of ALttP anyway.
Yes, what's disappointing are the overworlds, since they are practically the same as ALTTP, only with new advanced gfx. The dungeons of ALBW are better but still slightly similar.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by wizzrobemaster Fri 11 Aug 2017 - 12:42

Honestly, I think ALttP's over world layout is better. Lorule is fragmented and hey both slightly smaller. The dungeon design is shorter, but most of them are better. Skull Woods I argue is better in ALttP.

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Sat 5 May 2018 - 15:39

Was something I had in mind doing last year, or at least re-create the overworlds, but was painfully long since I had to take screenshots of albw using that citra emulator and kinda map the whole overworld:

ALBW recreated in ALTTP snes, is there any ??? Map1

Creating individual screens as best as I could was hard with albw weird's perspective that keeps changing as you moved around.

ALBW recreated in ALTTP snes, is there any ??? Image255
ALBW recreated in ALTTP snes, is there any ??? Image2

ALBW recreated in ALTTP snes, is there any ??? Image355
ALBW recreated in ALTTP snes, is there any ??? Image4

Was a fun attempt of mine, but quickly got bored :-]

Floki

ALBW recreated in ALTTP snes, is there any ??? Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturnesthesia Sun 6 May 2018 - 14:47

The trees look really cool anyway Smile

Getting custom trees to look decent was one of the more difficult tasks in overworld editing. Drawing custom gfx to still have the LttP look is a fun challenge though.

A hack set in Lorule would be interesting.. hmm... maybe I'll get to that some day
Nocturnesthesia
Nocturnesthesia
Cucumber
Cucumber

Since : 2018-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Sun 6 May 2018 - 23:08

I originally tried going for a more cartoony style for the trees, but it looked strange so I ended up using the outer black edges of the original tree graphics to make them more LTTP style.

Feel free to inspire from this or use it to make your own hack out of it, I only worked on this for two days in a row in last november and never since due to other projects taking the priority.

Be aware that not much is changed only some graphics and the connection between the blacksmith area and castle is done, but it's something that has potential!

Anyways have fun Razz

Floki

ALBW recreated in ALTTP snes, is there any ??? Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by wizzrobemaster Mon 21 May 2018 - 8:02

I wanted to connect all the trees together but they are a nightmare to edit.

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkLink88 Sun 21 Oct 2018 - 9:14

It wouldn't work because you would need to rotate the world and dungeons to Links position and make sure he's always facing you. And you would need to make him wrap around borders and edges which would probably need to totally add geometry to all objects and have them rendered from different angles.

DarkLink88
Newcomer

Since : 2018-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Devan2002 Mon 29 Oct 2018 - 20:10

DarkLink88 wrote:It wouldn't work because you would need to rotate the world and dungeons to Links position and make sure he's always facing you. And you would need to make him wrap around borders and edges which would probably need to totally add geometry to all objects and have them rendered from different angles.
I'm pretty sure you would need as much romhacking skill as the person who did make LoZ: Ocarina of Time 2D (which had the ability to change the camera from overhead view to side scroller and back).
Devan2002
Devan2002

Since : 2017-10-30

Back to top Go down