Share this post on: reddit

Secret of Evermore :: Comments

smokemonster

Post Fri 20 Oct 2017 - 18:41 by smokemonster

Truly awesome release. Thanks! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

TheRetromancer

Post Sat 21 Oct 2017 - 6:25 by TheRetromancer

Boom, headshot! Now all we need is a complete audio set.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 21 Oct 2017 - 7:44 by Conn

The audio set is complete. There are only some themes spc converted (like the main theme) since the source of the remastered version offers them for purchase:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8QFRT3T2y4

In total he has 13 themes:
https://loudr.fm/release/secret-of-evermore-remastered-tracks/MWEMz

However, this site doesn't offer the themes anymore. I think it would be a legally grey zone, since the music can be ripped as mp3 from youtube.
So if anybody pcm:s them and replaces Red's OST spc versions with these 13 remastered themes, and uploads them on a cloud I will most likely post the link Wink

Back to top Go down

TheRetromancer

Post Sat 21 Oct 2017 - 7:48 by TheRetromancer

Well, I bought that album, so I guess then that what'd really help if someone built a .BAT to take those files, pare them down and loop them in conjunction with wav2msu and then share the .BAT. I work too many hours to devote to music creation like I used to.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 21 Oct 2017 - 7:50 by Conn

I'd guess this solution would work out only for you; all other users surely didn't buy the album...

Back to top Go down

TheRetromancer

Post Sat 21 Oct 2017 - 7:53 by TheRetromancer

Well, the album is available, just like the Chrono Trigger albums that someone built a .BAT for, and I guarantee that others bought those albums just so they could use them for the MSU-1 patch.

*shrugs*. Same concept - I wouldn't be the only person to get use out of it, and the album isn't expensive. I mean, I'm not demanding someone do it, it'd just be super convenient. There's also the fiddly bits of volume control with the album tracks. I mean, I'll probably do it myself eventually anyway.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 21 Oct 2017 - 8:18 by Conn

I think I'm getting friend with this idea. Users that suffer poverty could even rip the mp3 from YouTube then, convert it to wav and run the bat... while we stay legally clean.
Probably we need 2 versions of this bat however, one for the bought album, and one for ripped mp3... guess the length of the tracks won't match exactly and thus the loop is inaccurate...

Back to top Go down

emuandco

Post Sat 21 Oct 2017 - 9:00 by emuandco

Someone a list of which pcm is which song so that the SPC conversions are easier to identify and overwrite?

Well the song length seems fine. At least most of the time (Hall of Collosia seems 2 sec shorter). If it's 1:1 same number of frames I don't know.

Anyways the way the Chrono Trigger Patch of MLarouche follows is a nice idea. You hand it some raw material and it normalizes, cuts and loops where needed. (Or someone just does it once and uploads it somewhere) ^^

Problem is the fade in I would say, so maybe using the 2nd loop in the song would be a good idea.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 21 Oct 2017 - 13:54 by Conn

I'm in touch with Red to find a solution. I am open to both, either a bat file that msu-ifies the ripped or bought album themes, or an anonymous cloud that offers the complete set and where I post the link.

Back to top Go down

RedScorpion

Post Sat 21 Oct 2017 - 17:51 by RedScorpion

Hi guys,

see the json file and look which track is the correct with the remastered version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=519QQfWFSvw&index=13&list=PLv3607Rzyj4iw-i33GRu6174OzNtLcN_c

you can use msupcm from qwerty. copy json file in seperate folder with exe file.

rename json to tracks.json (thats the easiest way)

The json looks for folder OST/Name of the track.flac/mp3...

Rename and set the lenght, loop and startpoint. open a cmd windows and look for the folder. run msupcm.exe

Json attached.

msupcm: https://github.com/qwertymodo/msupcmplusplus/releases

Schema/Syntax: https://github.com/qwertymodo/msupcmplusplus/blob/master/configs/schema

I only use: "trim_start": samplevalue, "trim_end": samplevalue, "loop": samplevalue,

You can change the setting from minutes/seconds to sample in audacity.

Please check for more infos the tutorial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pDXdaWS9-Q

Hope that will help.

thanks

red
Attachments
Secret of Evermore Attachment
tracks_remastered.json.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(4 Kb) Downloaded 14 times

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 22 Oct 2017 - 7:00 by Conn

Thanks Red, with this tutorial even I would be able to produce the pcm:s now Very Happy
Regarding the purchase themes issue I came to following solution: not everybody's work is for free, and the author of the themes should be honored to make such fantastic work (he also did Chrono Trigger remastered tracks and such).
However, he distributes his full themes also at youtube, making it quite easy to rip his themes without the need to buy -> means it is up to the fairness of the users anyways to support him and his work.

So, I will most likely post these pcm 13 themes separately with an urgend apell to be fair and buy the album, once the pcm:s are done (Red will also do them, as soon he has time to look for the adjustments like trim and loop).

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 28 Oct 2017 - 13:55 by Conn

Alright, the 13 remastered pcm:s by Sean Schafianski are made to pcm:s and ready to download in the first post.

I also included a readme and referred to it in the first post (Important Note), why I offer these non-free pcm:s and where they can be purchased.

I hope this is ok with everybody Smile

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 4 Nov 2017 - 22:44 by Conn

A serious bug was found while playtesting. When leaving a cave and re-entering it, the game crashed. Also some sfx were corrupted.

In a brief, hot bugfix, we found the hex to mute the spc culprit. We now used another byte (previous it was 2d, now it is 46), and with this code, everything seems to be alright Very Happy

However, the game was not completely playtested with this new byte 46, but since the old code is definitely buggy, I decided to already release it. If this one bugs as well in some playtests, people hopefully perform, we will need to change it again. So for now it is beta, but since all crucial situations are tested and did not bug, I do not assume there will be more troubles Wink

Redownload patch from first post!

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 29 Nov 2017 - 20:27 by cubatilles

Hi,

Congratulations to all people contributing to this and other MSU-1 projects. Thamks for your work.

I'm experiencing a bug withj this one, though. I'm using Retroarch and tested the msu-1 SoE with 4 cores (bsnes0.94, snes9x_1.55, higan_1.05_accuracy and nside_1.05_balanced). Game seems to work correctly only on snes9x 1.55 core. With all other cores I experience some strange bugs:
-To begin with, half the times, the Enter Name screen does'nt appear after the title screen (the corresponding track plays, though). This seems to be random, but happens more than half the times I try.
-Secondly, if there's a savefile (SRM) previously created, when booting the rom, some sfx effects seem to play randomly alongside with the intro music, randomly.

I can't belive I'm the only one experiencing this, but haven't found any other topic related to this.

Oh, and I'm using the latest version of the patch of course.

Greetings.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 29 Nov 2017 - 21:43 by Conn

I never dealt much with retroarch and thus do not really know what it does... do these bugs also happen on bsnes 0.73+ and higan without retroarch?
If it happens on bsnes 0.73+, I might have a chance to fix it (since it has a debugging function), if not... well, worst case: retroarch - snes1.55 only (which is the best msu1 emulator anyways).

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 30 Nov 2017 - 1:57 by frenchman

I am a bit new to this. So far, every MSU1 hacks I've tried have patched correctly excepted this one. I have used SFC and SMC files, run them through rom utilities to makes sure they were non-headered but no luck at all, I get Bad sum check in SNES9X and it doesn't work in my SD2SNES either. Any tips?

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 30 Nov 2017 - 5:35 by Conn

@cubatilles: I can confirm the bug on bsnes
@frenchman: probably the same problem, does the patched rom work on snes9x 1.55?

The problem is the muting of this game, there is no mute track. We tried first a specific value that bugged a lot, then we tried another value, that seemed to work (snes9x only was tested I think), but apparently it does not.
I will check a bit but maybe can't give too many hopes.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 30 Nov 2017 - 8:11 by frenchman

Patched rom didn't work on SNES9X 1.55. I had the same problem with Terranigma so far and FF3. Honestly, I'm not too sure what I'm doing wrong.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 30 Nov 2017 - 10:45 by Conn

Me neither, all works for me.

I'll try to solve the bsnes/sd2snes issue once I have the time for that

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 30 Nov 2017 - 14:49 by frenchman

What rom did you use? Is there's a specific rom other than a SFC no headered?

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Thu 30 Nov 2017 - 14:53 by Puzzledude

frenchman wrote:Patched rom didn't work on SNES9X 1.55. I had the same problem with Terranigma so far and FF3. Honestly, I'm not too sure what I'm doing wrong.
You are probably patching to the false original rom. Do note: your rom must be the exact same as the rom, which the author used to make the patch.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 30 Nov 2017 - 15:30 by Conn

I am done fixing the bsnes/sd2snes:

Patch (v3, 30th November 2017, important fix - beta)
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/soe_msu1.zip

This is BETA! I used a hardcore mute method (hacking the apu, as I already did at Donkey Kong Country). This means without msu activated, the rom music is muted, so after applying this patch, you can only play it with msu. However it now should work on all systems (bsnes, higan, sd2snes, snes9x155...)
I really hope there are some playtest to see whether all is good now Smile

Last edited by Conn on Fri 1 Dec 2017 - 14:37; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 30 Nov 2017 - 16:20 by frenchman

That's awesome! I'll try it when I get home and hopefully I can start playing it on SD2SNES and give you some feedback. I have a friend that will coach me with all the patching so I know I'm not the problem haha

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next