Zelda 3 Co-op (2 player)

Go down

Zelda 3 Co-op (2 player) Empty Zelda 3 Co-op (2 player)

Post by Erockbrox Mon 29 Jul 2013 - 16:24

I'm sure many of you guys have seen the Super Mario 64 Co-op hack released by Skylux where two people can play SM 64 together at the same time!

I'm just wondering, would it be possible to have a Zelda 3 Co-op hack such that two people can play Zelda 3 at the same time and work together to beat the game!
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Zelda 3 Co-op (2 player) Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Zelda 3 Co-op (2 player) Empty Re: Zelda 3 Co-op (2 player)

Post by RedScorpion Mon 29 Jul 2013 - 17:58

I think it is possible but you have to change and add a lot of code like tiles, sprites, hud, headers and so on.

Thanks

red
RedScorpion
RedScorpion

Zelda 3 Co-op (2 player) Image111

Since : 2013-04-28

http://www.snes-projects.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 29 Jul 2013 - 19:58

I would just have it so that the second player is more of like a clone of the first player.

They share the same life and magic and the second player can only use the item that the first player has.

So the hud stays the same and is just shared.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Chagmen_Lietons Tue 15 Apr 2014 - 20:22

Kinda like a shadow to assist Link. That's interesting actually. But you'd have to make it so P2 doesn't navigate too far from P1 for one, two, you'd need to make it so P2's attacks have a different color scheme(would look a bit strange IMO), and you'd need to re-make all of the collisions that Link has first except camera control, sword attacks(or you can make P2 only use LV1 sword), and probably omit a few items that would be annoying(magic mirror). Make it an option immediately after selecting a file. Although I don't know too much in using ASM, I can tell this will take serious work. It would be interesting to make another HUD bar for the duration P2 can help and recovers while P2 isn't active, or by collecting some kind of potion. Maybe green/blue potions I guess. I'd need to know what handles what in the routines and the RAM, and I can possibly work for this although I do have interesting ideas with this already. Wink
Chagmen_Lietons
Chagmen_Lietons
Leever
Leever

Since : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilou9999 Sun 12 Sep 2021 - 8:17

Hi, This idea would be a dream for a lot of us, playing zelda 3 with your kid or a friend! how cool it would be.
I think the easier method (if i can write that), would be to make the zelda 3 npc (like zelda, the blind thief or the old man in the montain) playable with controller 2. Like you can see in this video, the wall detection is already working for them, only "problem" being the enemy can't hit them: . In fact in zelda 3, the player one do all the things and objects (like usual), and the player 2 is just an "assist" that can hurt the enemies a little bit (that would be awesome that player 2 can just "assist" player 1, no need to share life, objects or room entrance/exit, complex things like that. Something similar that they did to zelda 2: only player 1 control the menu, and in the first beta, only player 1 can be hit or use magic. In the later releases, health bar is shared by both players.

Gilou9999
Newcomer

Since : 2021-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by zarby89 Sun 12 Sep 2021 - 16:52

Hi, if you ever work on something like that you should definitely use the SNES version and not the GBA version Confused and also there's a thing called A Link to the Past Online - ALttPO already allowing you to play with a friend online with some emulator or even on console directly with a connected SD2SNES i think
https://github.com/alttpo/alttpo
zarby89
zarby89

Zelda 3 Co-op (2 player) Image111

Since : 2016-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Letterbomb Sun 12 Sep 2021 - 18:49

zarby89 wrote:Hi, if you ever work on something like that you should definitely use the SNES version and not the GBA version Confused and also there's a thing called A Link to the Past Online - ALttPO already allowing you to play with a friend online with some emulator or even on console directly with a connected SD2SNES i think
https://github.com/alttpo/alttpo

Woah that is actually really cool, I never knew that this existed Ohmygod
Letterbomb
Letterbomb

Since : 2020-03-01

Back to top Go down