Axelay

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Axelay Empty Axelay

P  A  T  C  H  E  S

MSU-1/FastRom Patch v1.2 Merged (by PepilloPeV & Vitor) [2021-04-14]*:
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/z3747btoui3rwwb/MSU1_AFR_ROM_Patch_PepilloPeV_v1.2.rar/file

MSU-1 Patch v1.1 for Stock ROM (by PepilloPeV) [2021-11-12]*:
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/s3pnhSRJ#_mdvO2HZ9anjdNGHv039gjOH_ZhpU6-KaRTI-EyHLhU

S  O  U  N  D     P  A  C  K  S

PepilloPEV Arranged+SPC Hybrid Sound Pack [2019-02-21]*:
Code:
https://app.box.com/s/8a3xfc4brrhtbl3fb0th0akhyrggff6b

T R A C K    M A P
Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BlcCNWpP5OdbBEbJNf2oXkTtH_fe9fzX8uOuB6Ho8ws/edit?usp=sharing

* Note: There are now two MSU-1 patches listed above. The first one has MSU-1 + Vitor's FastROM merged as one. The second is just for MSU-1 support. Both patches required the original "Axelay USA" ROM with CRC of F812B533.

Last edited by pepillopev on Fri 12 Nov 2021 - 9:09; edited 24 times in total
pev

Axelay Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Axelay :: Comments

Post Sun 1 Apr 2018 - 16:37 by Shiryu

Video up!

Thank you for your work on this, one of my favourite games of all time. Hope I find the time in the future to work on this soundtrack.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 1 Apr 2018 - 18:00 by pev

Mine too.

Back to top Go down

Shadowrun

Post Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 5:19 by Shadowrun

I need to check this one !
thanks for your great work !

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 8:48 by Señor Ventura

This is one of the most expected!!

Maybe it has sound effects at very low bitrate, but with the new music it gets much more impressive.

Back to top Go down

qwertymodo

Post Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 17:38 by qwertymodo

It is possible that the SFX sound better with MSU-1 than with the original audio, even though the MSU-1 doesn't directly affect the SFX at all.  The reason for this is because of the fact that the original SPC, used for both music and SFX, only had 8 channels.  Some games reserved channels for SFX and only used the remaining channels for music.  Other games allowed the music to use all 8 channels, but then overwrote some channels when playing SFX.  If the game uses the latter procedure, replacing the music with MSU-1 means that the game is never using any of the SPC channels for music, so there will never be any channel conflicts, and the SFX will always play exactly as intended, without missing any channels.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 31 Aug 2020 - 23:22 by TheMasonGamer

This patch doesn't work for me. I've tried dozens of ROMs, including SFCs and SMCs, but they all either say "Not intended for this ROM" or the patch doesn't even work. What should I do?

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 31 Aug 2020 - 23:30 by pev

TheMasonGamer wrote:This patch doesn't work for me. I've tried dozens of ROMs, including SFCs and SMCs, but they all either say "Not intended for this ROM" or the patch doesn't even work. What should I do?
You need to find the Axelay ROM with CRC F812B533 for proper patching. Avoid the Axelay (Japan).sfc and Axelay (USA) (Sample).sfc ROMs. The correct one is Axelay (USA).sfc. It is out there, just found it via a simple Google search. I cannot provide ROMs nor assist on where to obtain them. Google is your friend in this case and much luck.
Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 17 Sep 2020 - 1:52 by TheMasonGamer

pepillopev wrote:
TheMasonGamer wrote:This patch doesn't work for me. I've tried dozens of ROMs, including SFCs and SMCs, but they all either say "Not intended for this ROM" or the patch doesn't even work. What should I do?
You need to find the Axelay ROM with CRC F812B533 for proper patching. Avoid the Axelay (Japan).sfc and Axelay (USA) (Sample).sfc ROMs. The correct one is Axelay (USA).sfc. It is out there, just found it via a simple Google search. I cannot provide ROMs nor assist on where to obtain them. Google is your friend in this case and much luck.
Wink

I've done that, but even then those ROMs don't work either. I can patch them, but it just gives a black screen and never boots. I think the patch is bad.

UPDATE: I was running it through SNES9X to test it, and it wasn't working there. I then ran it through RetroArch and it works! Apparently some patched MSU1 ROMs don't work through SNES9X directly.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 17 Sep 2020 - 5:02 by Conn

I have no problems with snes9x 1.60, only the msu has few themes only e.g., first level is missing (track $69 and such)

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 17 Sep 2020 - 5:08 by darthvaderx

Here it works perfectly on SNES9x, try removing the header from your rom with SNEStuf (if this is the case) and then apply the patch, see if it works.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 17 Sep 2020 - 9:00 by pev

The patch works fine on latest Snes9x, FXPak/FXPakPro, and real hardware.

@Conn Only specific tracks are MSU'ed (no good remastered tracks for weapon select, stage clear, 2nd portion of last stage, and boss themes). Those themes I left out for the time being (coded for SNES to play those).

@TheMasonGamer I PM'ed you a video on how to get the Axelay patch working. Removed the video from this post since I realized it showed a ROM site, oops. Follow the video and you will be golden.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 17 Sep 2020 - 14:23 by Conn

Only specific tracks are MSU'ed (no good remastered tracks for weapon select, stage clear, 2nd portion of last stage, and boss themes). Those themes I left out for the time being (coded for SNES to play those).
It's really a pity, the spc is excellent, how would it sound if we have all in msu Smile but we have what we have...

UPDATE: I was running it through SNES9X to test it, and it wasn't working there. I then ran it through RetroArch and it works! Apparently some patched MSU1 ROMs don't work through SNES9X directly.
Back to top Go down
Something might be wrong with something else. The patch is bps, means you cannot patch wrong. Also if msu is not working you have spc fallback but a black screen is actually completely out of question (I state this because we playtested a lot and crash bugs are fixed, bps implies we use all the same code). There's maybe something else wrong since you also have problems with other msu related stuff. My best advice is to give bsnes a shot

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 29 Mar 2021 - 12:40 by GeneralMorden

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 5 Apr 2021 - 11:45 by pev

GeneralMorden wrote:The fastrom version of Axelay is out...
Nice, less or no slowdown on my favorite shooter of all time! Very pleased to see this. Same as Gradius III; as soon as I'm done with a current MSU1 project, I will update these two games. Thanks for the heads up.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 7 Apr 2021 - 17:59 by Señor Ventura

pepillopev wrote:
GeneralMorden wrote:The fastrom version of Axelay is out...
Nice, less or no slowdown on my favorite shooter of all time! Very pleased to see this. Same as Gradius III; as soon as I'm done with a current MSU1 project, I will update these two games. Thanks for the heads up.

It sounds interesting, What project are you doing?, Can you tell us any clue? ^^

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 4:42 by Conn

It sounds interesting, What project are you doing?, Can you tell us any clue? ^^
the msu name will be ST2_msu1 Wink

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 12:07 by Retroplay

Aaah, is it Bren McGuire suiting up for action ?  Axelay 1f60d

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 18:09 by Señor Ventura

Conn wrote:

Street tighter 2!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 19:39 by pev

Retroplay wrote:Aaah, is it Bren McGuire suiting up for action ?  Axelay 1f60d
Definitely, suits are involved. Project almost to completion. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 10 Apr 2021 - 11:24 by Señor Ventura

Conn wrote:

There is only a game with that acronym... Could it be?...

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 10 Apr 2021 - 14:20 by Conn

Retroplay already had an ingenuine thought Wink
goolge
Bren McGuire

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Sat 10 Apr 2021 - 14:27 by Retroplay

Woo-hoo, I knew it. Axelay 1f60d

This series has been one of my all-time favourites ever since I popped the Turrican disk into my Amiga some 30 years ago.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 14 Apr 2021 - 15:54 by pev

@ToAll Axelay MSU-1+FastRom merged patch posted at the top. So far, tested a complete game run using Retroarch Snes9x core w/o any issues.

Now, my question, is Gradius III even worth it? The new patch just slows down bosses? Is this not defeating the purpose of having SA-1? Everyone's opinion is appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 15 Apr 2021 - 9:52 by supermeiaman

I can't make the merged patch work, for the life of me. Tried updating the soundpack, changing names around, using different cores... I'm using the batch file, original USA rom, renaming it "in", taking it with the .msu with the patched rom and renaming the files to match... What am I doing wrong?

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum