Patch v1.9*:
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/v8txno5ho68m07g/btdd-patch-original.zip/file

PCM Packs:
"Hylopathic Productions" Arranged PCM Pack presented by PepilloPeV**: DOWNLOAD
"Chip Tune" PCM Pack presented by LJnotN: DOWNLOAD

Track Map: PREVIEW

Cover Art Contributor Links (click on names): Lordmonkus, Polargames, MAD9K
* Two versions are inside the patch folder: sd2snes has no stage clear, since this bugs on some sd2snes.
** Source material music re-composers credits can be referenced by visiting the Google Docs track map link above.

Last edited by kurrono on Wed 25 Apr 2018 - 12:30; edited 1 time in total
kurrono
kurrono

BattleToads / Double Dragon - Page 3 Image111

Since : 2015-03-22

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

BattleToads / Double Dragon :: Comments

Post Sat 18 Aug 2018 - 9:46 by pev

@Wesker You wrote, "That's going to be better than leaving the current "Experimental SG version" because that version has several other triggers removed because PepilloPev thought those were causing the issue with Robo Manus"

This is a needless assumption not backed up by any facts. I never removed the extra code due to this. Conn and I were already working on it to solve the issue and return the rest of the features when corrected.

Also, it was never stated by me or anyone else that SG experimental was defacto final version (this patch is still WIP). Please read previous comments and get the "whole picture" before making needless assumptions (no need for the extra dramatic fluff talk).

Last edited by pepillopev on Sat 18 Aug 2018 - 9:55; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 18 Aug 2018 - 9:50 by Conn

1.9 (first post) has the fixed robo magnus. This package also contians a sd2snes version (with the stage clear nopped out).

Does this solve all the problems?

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 18 Aug 2018 - 9:56 by Conn

@wesker: attached are the files you need to apply an asm (can't attach files to pm).
Open the insertasm.bat in a text editor, it's self explanatory.
Attachments
BattleToads / Double Dragon - Page 3 Attachment
xkas.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(62 Kb) Downloaded 3 times

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 18 Aug 2018 - 10:01 by Wesker

Thank you for doing the alternative 1.9 version for SD2SNES, Conn. And thanks for attending my request with the asm too. Anything I do with that will be kept for myself.

Right now I'm going to test the SD2SNES version to make sure that version is right. I will only report if I find any other issue, something I really hope it won't happen.

Don't really want anymore problems with anyone else so I'll try to leave it here.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 18 Aug 2018 - 10:05 by Conn

Bug reports are always wanted and welcome, it's just an unpleasant time, because both Pev and I try to quit that stuff. It's been long enough and trillions pf patches, so it's just going on our nerves. It's nothing personal, so thanks for your help Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 18 Aug 2018 - 11:30 by Wesker

Ok, the alternative 1.9 version for SD2SNES works perfect. No more flaws.

Thanks a lot @Kurrono, @Conn and @PepilloPEV for all your work.

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Sat 18 Aug 2018 - 14:42 by kurrono

Plus i,did some modification onn the start i added a sample sound ..and a smaple sound when u select the character but i got to test that on sd2snes with the new 1.9 patch.... it makes more closer to the genesis version

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 18 Aug 2018 - 16:40 by pev

@Conn I'm glad this chapter is over. Smile

@Kurrono You are on your own with the sound sample patch. I'm through with this game, lol. At least, I am happy I can play it on my PS3 via the latest RetroArch Snes9x core w/o issue (just finished it and loved every minute of it).

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 18 Aug 2018 - 17:00 by Conn

@Conn I'm glad this chapter is over.
Me too... however the next chapter starts, bugs with slam master (Relikk pm:ed) ah well... so much for retirement. I leave my fingers from any project from now on Razz

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Sat 18 Aug 2018 - 17:05 by kurrono

After i done with star fox ill be what i hack next..i dunno..maybe ill continue with my arcade gaming.. or be hiatus heheh

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Sat 18 Aug 2018 - 17:15 by kurrono

Oh i got my msu1 on my wii too it works good too...plus my sd2snes

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 18 Aug 2018 - 17:28 by Conn

Much luck on your quest K, seems you are the last one standing Wink

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Sat 18 Aug 2018 - 17:33 by kurrono

Yea ..thanks to Pev,i,learned how tarce better without using 2140-43.. thru the game screen changes..i learn3d that Wink

Back to top Go down

PittStone

Post Thu 30 Aug 2018 - 19:48 by PittStone

I have complede no music in Game. Only sound effects after Titlescreen and choose a character. Tested with Retroarch "bsnes-libretro-cplusplus98" Core. Other Games works with this Core.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 30 Aug 2018 - 21:38 by pev

@PittStone BTDD works fine for me. I am using RetroArch v1.7.3 with the BsnesC++98(v085) 998c7d4 Performance core. I downloaded the bsnes core within RetroArch using the Online Updater.

Gathering from you description, I would make sure your btdd-msu1.sfc, btdd-msu1.msu, and btdd-msu1-x.pcm files are in the same folder and named correctly. Be mindful of the "-" versus the "_". Conn and I use different naming conventions. I'm hoping this is what the problem is for you. Best of luck.

This game is hard muted, so the game will not have any spc music, only FX sounds (no full spc fallback support when msu is not detected).

Here is a video showing my RetroArch playing BTDD just fine. Click on word video (in red to see).

Last edited by pepillopev on Fri 31 Aug 2018 - 0:02; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

PittStone

Post Thu 30 Aug 2018 - 22:49 by PittStone

O.k. Thanks. I missed them. It was the "-" versus the "_"! This time i was blind. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 30 Aug 2018 - 22:54 by pev

@PittStone I’m glad it’s fixed. Awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 21 Nov 2018 - 22:20 by pev

@Conn Just for curiosity sake and utter boredom, I used Kurrono's old sd2snes with this game and it does not crash on Stage Clear as Wesker mentions on my original SNES console. Kurrono's old sd2snes is a revision F board with 1.1 software. I asked him to test this game again using his revision H board with 1.8.0 on it to verify.

UPDATE: Kurrono tested on his sd2snes with latest 1.8.0 software and stage clear worked without a problem on his original SNES console as well. Hopefully, Wesker does not have one those cheap Chinese "knock off" sd2snes clones.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 22 Nov 2018 - 1:42 by Conn

That's strange... sometimes people use cheats that affect such things, and BT is a quite hard game.
Nevertheless, this issue is minor. It's good to know that the original patch seem to work flawlessly but for saftety sake we should keep the sd2snes version in the package.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 22 Nov 2018 - 7:51 by pev

@Conn Just to avoid misunderstanding, the game was tested using our current BTDD version 1.9 emulator only patch on two separate sd2snes revision boards without no Stage Clear freeze issue.

BTDD v1.9 was tested on a:
sd2snes Rev F board with 1.1 software
sd2snes Rev H board with 1.8.0 software

From your last post, I was not sure if you mistook 1.8.0 as one of our old BTDD patch versions. We also tested without using cheats as BTDD is not as hard as the other Toad games.

I know this game’s current cheats affect the game a lot (they cause weird glitches in the game). Even on the original unpatched ROM. This really is not a difficult game to play.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 22 Nov 2018 - 9:37 by Conn

Sorry small miscommunication on my side. I know what you mean and tested. I just thought that Wesker maybe used some cheats or whatever so this bug happened to him when testng sd2snes.

I also just suggested to leave the sd2snes patch version inside the package to be on the safe side, though you teted it obsolete (until Wesker confirmed the normal patch also works for him, or whatever the reason might be)... but you could hide it in a subfolder and make a note or whatever in the readme idf you like to take this effort Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 22 Nov 2018 - 10:14 by pev

@Conn We are good, C. I just wanted to make it known I could not reproduce the Stage Clear black screen on sd2snes that is all. I know sd2snes is picky with console age cap wear and what type of SD card used.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 6 Jan 2020 - 20:51 by LJnotN

BTDD - Chiptune PCM Pack

Hey folks, I put together a music pack for the patch. It's a bunch of chiptune versions of the music from the game with a couple of Double Dragon Games' music added. I used samples from:

Killer Instinct - SNES
Streets of Rage 1 SMD
BTDD-NES
Sonic 3 - SMD
BTDD-SNES
DKC - SNES
Magical8Bit Plugin in a DAW

Hope you enjoy.

0 Main Theme (Battletoads and Double Dragon)
3 Level Cutscenes (Battletoads and Double Dragon SNES/SG)
6 Stage Clear (Battletoads Arcade)
9 Stage 1 (Battletoads and Double Dragon - ALL)
10 Stage 2-B - Turbo Tunnel (Battletoads Battlemaniacs - SNES)
12 Stage 2 (Battletoads and Double Dragon SNES/SG)
15 Stage 5 (Battletoads and Double Dragon - ALL)
16 Player Select (Battletoads and Double Dragon NES/SG)
17 Boss Theme 1 (Double Dragon III - USA Theme Arcade/NES/SG)
18 Stage 3 (Battletoads and Double Dragon - SNES/SG)
19 Boss Theme 2 - (Battletoads and Double Dragon NES/SG Boss Theme 2)
20 Victory (Battletoads Arcade)
21 Stage 4 (Battletoads and Double Dragon - SNES/SG)
24 Stage 7 (Battletoads and Double Dragon - Stage 6 SNES)
27 Stage 6 (Double Dragon II - Mission 3)
33 Track 2 (Double Dragon 2 - The Revenge TG16)

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 6 Jan 2020 - 22:23 by pev

LJnotN wrote:Hey folks, I put together a music pack for the patch.
Added your link to the top. Thanks for your contribution.

Back to top Go down

Leonis

Post Thu 11 Mar 2021 - 3:06 by Leonis

LJnotN, the Chiptunes link is broken, fix please

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next