Ys IV - Mask of the Sun

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ys IV - Mask of the Sun - Page 2 Empty Ys IV - Mask of the Sun

PepilloPEV MSU1 Patch v1.2:
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/yvxbh77by54mngr/ys4-msu1-patch-pepillopev-v1.2.zip/file

edale Ys IV Perfect Collection Album:
https://mega.nz/#!WFBnTA4D!iJnHGL4LRcO6PtVqRY3LqRiW20EgfNrNqfc_qfmktcs

edale Ys IV PS2 OST v2:
https://mega.nz/#!XNo2EKDS!i9rzVT8A6E4lPVUIcuW-hCymCVYZiCZugerxmHTSrTI

Last edited by pepillopev on Mon 25 May 2020 - 19:16; edited 33 times in total
pev

Ys IV - Mask of the Sun - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Ys IV - Mask of the Sun :: Comments

Post Mon 7 May 2018 - 0:51 by edale

pepillopev wrote:Two more games to go and getting closer to retirement. Officialy retired from new projects.
Smile
Are we still gonna work on Ys V after I finish up the Ys IV stuff, or was that taken off the table?

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 7 May 2018 - 8:37 by pev

Yup, Ys V is off the table. I’m done with MSU1. EarthBound is waiting for your delicate touch. Now, that bad boy will be a doozy to finish.

Conn is still actively retiring. You “may or may not” convince him to do it, sometimes he just cannot help himself. But he has said he is exhausted too.

Hopefully, someone else will do Ys V for you. I also passed my Jurassic asm to Kurrono as well. I’m tired.

Best of luck in future PCM projects. Zeldix MSU1 is like Hydra (pieces are cut off but more grow to take its place). Only, difference we’re the good guys, lol. Hydra is bad, very bad. We don’t want Cap coming after us.

Smile

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 7 May 2018 - 11:57 by Conn

Never say never (at least that's an action rpg), but right now... I won't hack any further game. May change in 2 weeks to 2 years again, but after the odyssey I went through with Relikk with Prince of Persia... no Smile

Pev, no worries, the max heads the hydra can have is...
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_von_SNES-Spielen
I counted 785 games and we are at 100 Razz

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 7 May 2018 - 13:17 by pev

@Conn Well, we don't have to do every shitty SNES game out there, right? Or do we?

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 7 May 2018 - 16:40 by Conn

That is K's mission for sure Very Happy
*joking

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 7 May 2018 - 16:59 by edale

I'm now imagining the 800ish or so collection of SNES games complete, with EVERY game as an MSU mod...

You'd need like a 10 TB HDD to store it all, lol.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 7 May 2018 - 17:32 by pev

Hey, if Hong Kong got the MSU treatment, your 800ish dream could become a reality.

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 7 May 2018 - 18:36 by edale

pepillopev wrote:Hey, if Hong Kong got the MSU treatment, your 800ish dream could become a reality.

Smile
Nope, just the English games:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Nintendo_Entertainment_System_games wrote:Of the console's 778 official releases, 721 were released in North America and 62 in Europe.

This list does not include games that were released exclusively on the Japanese Super Famicom (for those see List of Super Famicom games), nor does it include games that were released for the South Korean Super Comboy (List of Super Comboy games).
That plus the unreleased English games (such as Star Fox 2 as the most widely known one atm, thanks to the SNES Classic) is easily over 800 separate games.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 8 May 2018 - 4:11 by edale

Still some work before I finish the PS2 PCM pack I'm working on (fair warning, a few of the tracks are coming from the TGCD version, so you may notice a distinct change in audio quality in some parts), and I'm finishing that one first (mainly because I'm almost done, and I want to put a full set out ASAP), but something to look forward to in the not-so-distant future:

https://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/ys-iv-the-dawn-of-souls-perfect-collection-vol.-1
https://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/ys-iv-the-dawn-of-souls-perfect-collection-vol.-2
https://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/ys-iv-the-dawn-of-souls-perfect-collection-vol.-3

It's... It's... It's beautiful.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 8 May 2018 - 4:31 by Conn

I briefly looked into YSV. It's not too hard, I found the values for track change/mute and such.

But it's chaotic (devil is as usual in detail): sometimes the play signal is given before the track is loaded. I'd have to use some flags, also for the fading stuff.
This is going to get time intense, I also have no ambition to playtest the game to find the values. If you really want to go down that road, I'll create an asm for you and we work via Mail on it... (first once you're done with YSIV of course).

Code:

notes:

Signals:
$80/887D 48          PHA                     A:070E
F6: play
F8: fade
FC: fade

Track to be played:
$80/88A3 38          SEC                     A:C42B
Track number in A

Mute:
$80/8776 -> mute when not executed (A9->6b)

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 8 May 2018 - 5:10 by edale

I'm not sure if I'd be able to find remasters for all the tracks on Ys V, I just did a quick check and not finding a lot.

Ys V never got really popular, even in Japan, and is almost unknown outside of Japan... So I guess not much has been done with the music from it.

When I finish the Ys IV stuff I'll look into it further to see if it's even worth making a MSU mod for it (not worth it if no music to make PCMs from).

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 8 May 2018 - 6:34 by Conn

Sounds like a plan Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 8 May 2018 - 9:53 by pev

@edale, can you source the tracks from the ps2 japan version?

@Conn, I knew you could not resist, lol. I know you too well.
Smile

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 8 May 2018 - 10:15 by edale

pepillopev wrote:@edale, can you source the tracks from the ps2 japan version?
At first glance, there's a large disparity in the number of tracks, but I haven't looked too closely yet.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 8 May 2018 - 11:41 by pev

@edale Well, at least you got Conn involved in getting Ys V done. Best of luck with the PCM creation process. I do not want to interrupt a PCM master's progress.

Wink

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 8 May 2018 - 12:44 by Conn

Problem is as usual. Guess I can set this patch up in 45 minutes, but... playtesting, bug-fixing, maintainance is always the awful task (do we have a vomit smiley?).
Ah well. If I have these 45 minutes, I go for it. I hope it's like Earthbound: 30 minutes+5 minutes one bug fix. And not like Prince of Persia: 30 minutes + 20 hours bug fixing.

And I do it only to complete the row, just alike DKC and SMW, I think a row should be completed (and no, I won't go for even one Dragon Quest Smile ).

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 8 May 2018 - 13:14 by pev

I’m glad your picky like that. I just don’t have that “pure genius” and patience to find the spc mute at times.

Right now, I’m just sticking to fixing my PCMs (place my mind in other things, for now). Coding is exhausting work, at least for me and is really not my forté. I’ll do it but if I have option to avoid it, I will.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 8 May 2018 - 22:49 by edale

OK, I'm still going to be taking a few TGCD tracks for the PS2 PCM pack, but I found this:
https://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/ys-iv-j.d.k.-special-the-dawn-of-ys

Which has several of the tracks that the PS2 soundtrack is missing, but with a very similar feel & fidelity & sound to the PS2 soundtrack. So I'm using these tracks where I can for missing tracks rather than TGCD ones.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 8 May 2018 - 22:52 by pev

Works for me.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 9 May 2018 - 6:12 by edale

OK, the track "Escape with Lilia" as near as I can tell has never been remastered by anyone, ever.
http://66.90.93.122/soundfiles/nintendo-snes-spc/ys-iv-mask-of-the-sun/30%20Escape%20With%20Lilia.mp3
If anyone can find a remaster of this track could you please point me in it's direction.

That said, assuming a replacement can't be found, the best option I can think of is to take "Lava Zone ~ A Kiss From Eldeel" which only plays for a few seconds (unless you don't advance the ONE text box that pops up while it's playing), so most people never hear past the intro.

Lava Zone plays when Eldeel resurrects Leeza, and is horribly unsuited for the scene (and not, you know, in the Lava area...).

The trick then, is to pick a piece of music to replace Lava Zone for the resurrection scene. I'd rather see if anyone has any suggestions (MUST be Ys music, though can be from any of the Ys games) before picking one myself.

Here's the resurrection scene with the current Lava Zone PCM (and yes, the SPC is just as up-beat and adventurous):

So you can see why I say it doesn't fit AT ALL.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 9 May 2018 - 7:01 by Conn

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 9 May 2018 - 8:23 by pev

For the resurrection, I just used the ‘resurrection’ theme from Celceta. Escape with Lilia I just used the ‘Tower’ theme. I to had to steal some themes from different Ys games.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 9 May 2018 - 10:57 by edale

pepillopev wrote:For the resurrection, I just used the ‘resurrection’ theme from Celceta. Escape with Lilia I just used the ‘Tower’ theme. I to had to steal some themes from different Ys games.
Yep, that one works for me for the resurrection scene.

The problem with using 'Tower' for 'Escape with Lillia' is that Tower is used when the game is in the tower near the end of the game. Tower's also one I haven't found a remaster for yet (I was considering grabbing Darm Tower's music from Ys Book 2 to use for that area, but haven't decided yet).

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 9 May 2018 - 11:00 by pev

@edale Hey, what ever you can get to make it work, right? Wink

I am almost done mapping all the Ys V tracks with respect to their theme names (less than 12 to go to finish). I'll post the track theme list on the Ys V General Discussion page once it is done.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 9 May 2018 - 11:17 by Conn

Wow, that's fast!
If you like you can do the further supervision of that project and take over from here, and release when done (including also updating the asm with finished loop table and such). Just edit the first post at your liking.
I never even heard about it until you posted ys3 Smile
I surely will do bug fixings if necessary, but luckily the code is rather slim anyways...

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next