Videoplayer by Ikari ASM source code

Go down

Videoplayer by Ikari ASM source code Empty Videoplayer by Ikari ASM source code

Post by Conn Tue 3 Jul 2018 - 17:46

I transcribed the video player code by Ikari into ASM source code, so it can be implemented into msu projects. I hope it works (I tested, but...)....
it's little to adjust (I tried to keep it simple), but advanced asm knowledge is needed in any case to use it.
Attachments
Videoplayer by Ikari ASM source code Attachment
videoplayer.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(20 Kb) Downloaded 100 times

Last edited by Conn on Mon 9 Jul 2018 - 20:00; edited 3 times in total
Conn
Conn

Videoplayer by Ikari ASM source code Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Videoplayer by Ikari ASM source code Empty Re: Videoplayer by Ikari ASM source code

Post by Conn Tue 3 Jul 2018 - 17:58

And here's again the tutorial how to convert any avi video files into msu.
Note: it MUST BE image magick 6.8, later versions do not work!

Valid download v.6.8.9 (July/20):
https://github.com/tim-lebedkov/packages/releases/download/2019_Q1/imagemagick-6.8.9.8-imagemagick-6.8.9.8.exe
Attachments
Videoplayer by Ikari ASM source code Attachment
make_video.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(58 Kb) Downloaded 41 times

Last edited by Conn on Tue 21 Jul 2020 - 9:11; edited 5 times in total
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Videoplayer by Ikari ASM source code Empty Re: Videoplayer by Ikari ASM source code

Post by pev Tue 3 Jul 2018 - 18:34

@Conn Thanks Conn for saving me the time to dissect it from OOTW or ALTTP.

pev

Videoplayer by Ikari ASM source code Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Colines Tue 3 Jul 2018 - 20:19

pepillopev wrote:Saving me the time to dissect it from OOTW or ALTTP.
Oh, no! Ikari had already made previously available the MSU player code's inner working, no need to vanish with your sanity Wink
https://github.com/mrehkopf/sd2snes/tree/develop/snes/msu1

Though indeed, Conn offering it in a compact and more friendly readable way certainly helps a lot!!!

Awesome work as always Conn =D
Colines
Colines

Videoplayer by Ikari ASM source code Image111

Since : 2015-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 4 Jul 2018 - 3:23

Oh yeah, I would not know how to handle those files Ikari provided...

I tested my code successfully, but there are many problems if you like to return into the ingame routines again after running it. It nearly overwrites all registers, and leaves the hdma channel activated and such.

Ah well, if anybody wants to implement it, I'm here to assist. E.g., you can run the ingame JSL to set the registers again and other stuff like this.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 9 Jul 2018 - 15:10

When doing some stuff for PEV, I noticed this bug:

STA $2004  
STZ $2005  
LDA $2000  
AND #$40        
BNE $F9  ; $F9 is the correct value here, in the old version it was $F8. If it is set incorrectly, sd2snes will crash at that place (no prob with emus though, therefore it was undetected).

Everybody who wants to use the videoplayer, please redownload the fixed patch from first post.
(pev, this is fixed in the version I just sent you already, no worries).

Also I added a code to prevent autofire when needing to button press for the video (so it doesn't immediately skip the video).
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Videoplayer by Ikari ASM source code Empty Updated Tutorial on making MSU-1 Videos using Ikari_01 video player

Post by Billgonzo Fri 27 Aug 2021 - 16:36

I have made an updated version of a tutorial I used almost a year ago on how to create MSU-1 videos for the SNES. I can no longer find a link to the original post for this tutorial but I had downloaded it, so I thought it would be good to upload it again so it doesn't get lost. I have also added a section on extracting the audio from your video file and formatting it for use with the MSU-1 chip as well as updated links to everything you need to make this work. I also found a way to keep audio in sync for videos over 3mins long which I added to the tutorial on extracting and converting a videos audio.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l_piM7a9vdxymPSL-9gzMCsIHKVSyeZn/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=109386236235235046205&rtpof=true&sd=true

Billgonzo
Newcomer

Since : 2020-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Mofoofinvention Tue 11 Apr 2023 - 15:23

Billgonzo wrote:I have made an updated version of a tutorial I used almost a year ago on how to create MSU-1 videos for the SNES. I can no longer find a link to the original post for this tutorial but I had downloaded it, so I thought it would be good to upload it again so it doesn't get lost. I have also added a section on extracting the audio from your video file and formatting it for use with the MSU-1 chip as well as updated links to everything you need to make this work. I also found a way to keep audio in sync for videos over 3mins long which I added to the tutorial on extracting and converting a videos audio.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l_piM7a9vdxymPSL-9gzMCsIHKVSyeZn/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=109386236235235046205&rtpof=true&sd=true

the google drive link for a working imagemagick doesn't seem to work anymore, can this be fixed? thank you

Mofoofinvention
Newcomer

Since : 2023-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 11 Apr 2023 - 15:58

It is resolved, 2nd post is the working link.
That one in the tutorial by billgonzo is outdated.

https://github.com/tim-lebedkov/packages/releases/download/2019_Q1/imagemagick-6.8.9.8-imagemagick-6.8.9.8.exe
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down