E.V.O. - Search For Eden

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

E.V.O. - Search For Eden Empty E.V.O. - Search For Eden

Video by Relikk using the SNES Arranged version.

-  Patch  -

Patch v2 (1st August 2018) (by Conn):
Code:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/evo_msu_patch.zip

-  PCM Packs  -

SNES Arranged (by Relikk):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/duY2GQpY#C8ChBaC3yM94ir47EHMcKWRf8P4dRusXaHgxd5qPvY0

PC-98 Arranged (by Relikk):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/c7Z2nBbC#vbCBVtkTgDwSEO0vXZmdET4KA_X2sUhm6z3MEqgZkKY

Optional: If the dinosaur land (original SPC fallback) tracks appear too loud, download this pack:
https://mega.nz/#!kvgwTIQR!ejCjHtTjhUilsxV8CqwQWRcE4t8QNURgcua-2_fjXBo
These are the SPC's of tracks 22-25 converted into PCM but with lower volume.

Video by Shiryu using the PC-98 Arranged version.

Last edited by Relikk on Mon 23 May 2022 - 10:05; edited 5 times in total
Relikk
Relikk

E.V.O. - Search For Eden Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

E.V.O. - Search For Eden :: Comments

JUD6MENT

Post Wed 25 Jul 2018 - 4:13 by JUD6MENT

Good to see another done.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 25 Jul 2018 - 12:01 by MadK9

Excellent work as always, ty.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 25 Jul 2018 - 20:23 by pev

Good job to all, I raise my beer glass in your honor.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Wed 25 Jul 2018 - 23:52 by Polargames

pepillopev wrote:Good job to all, I raise my beer glass in your honor.

And we do the same to you buddy. Very Happy Yes

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 31 Jul 2018 - 22:18 by ProximaHell

I just completed a full playthough 2 sec ago, great job on this !
I found one small hiccup while playing on my SD2SNES. During the end boss battle after 3 or 4 crystal destroyed, the end boss music stops completely and i was left with sound only. Reloaded, same results. After i beat the end boss, the next track until the end credits plays fine.

Is it possible there is a problem?

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 8:08 by Conn

Ok, I think I fixed it. Redownload and apply:

Patch by Conn (v2, Aug/01/18: last boss fix):
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/evo_msu_patch.zip

Problem was a free flag I used for fade, which was used by this last boss when the cockroach hatched. I now used a low part of the stack as flag adresses (sounds dangerous, but this part of the stack is never reached and never rewritten).

Though, it would of course be great if this is safe and the new patch works Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 8:47 by ProximaHell

edit: I did another end boss fight again 2 sec ago with the new patch, the music is fine for the entire fight. You were right it was stopping at the cockroach

Thank you for your fix

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 1 Aug 2018 - 10:38 by Conn

Awesome, I hope the fix doesn't cause new bugs. This happens from time to time Woot!!

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 5 Nov 2019 - 21:55 by Lightning Hunter

Are the Dinosaur song sections supposed to be missing? They are the default for me. Not only that, but on my Sd2snes the default tracks are like 3x louder than the new tracks, so with headphones it is almost unplayable without lowering the volume extreme amounts. This is a shame, because I was REALLY enjoying the new tracks until the dinosaur chapter (I grew up on this game, and some of the new tracks almost made my eyes tear up, especially with the retro synthesizer).

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 6 Nov 2019 - 4:59 by Conn

So you hear some themes in spc (fallback) since the msu files are missing and these are extremely louder than the normal ones?

Relikk found only 21 rearranged themes and converted them into msu (and probably left the others spc fallback), if you are able to find the other rearranged themes he maybe can convert them. Another possibility is to record the spc, lower the volume and provide them as msu tracks. From my side I cannot do anything. I only code stuff.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 6 Nov 2019 - 11:15 by Relikk

The arranged tracks would have been balanced against the original game audio and effects (as heard in my video in the first post). They shouldn't be much lower or what you're describing. Which revision of SD2SNES do you have? You might have to boost the volume for MSU1 audio in the configuration menu if you have a certain revision.

There's also a cartridge audio volume setting if you're using a Super NT that might be a factor.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 6 Nov 2019 - 15:12 by Lightning Hunter

Relikk wrote:The arranged tracks would have been balanced against the original game audio and effects (as heard in my video in the first post). They shouldn't be much lower or what you're describing. Which revision of SD2SNES do you have? You might have to boost the volume for MSU1 audio in the configuration menu if you have a certain revision.

There's also a cartridge audio volume setting if you're using a Super NT that might be a factor.

I am using the original SD2SNES North American version (non-pro) on a North American SNES with the 1.10.3 firmware released in April of this year. I actually already did boost the MSU1 audio in the configuration menu (I was all the way up to +9.5DB out of a max of +12DB I think). The default Dinosaur level music is still much louder than the MSU-1 tracks. I don't know if the MSU-1 boost is somehow applying to the default music, but I would need to test this. I don't see why an MSU boost would apply to default tracks, but I just know the first few levels of the Dinosaur chapter were unbearably loud...

I already thought about the solution of including the default tracks in MSU format, but I don't know the first thing about editing/converting them. In fact, I still haven't even found a way to play the PCM files on my computer without loading them in an emulator...

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 6 Nov 2019 - 17:19 by Conn

My best advice: counter check on emulator. If there's the music is normal, the problem is on your side. Means you need to tinker on your adjustments Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 6 Nov 2019 - 17:40 by Lightning Hunter

I did some more testing, and I think I know what the problem is. Basically, the default music in the very first stage of the dinosaur chapter is just TOO DARN LOUD to begin with. I had forgotten it was this way in the original game also. In order to make the MSU-1 tracks close to matching the volume of this one track, you have to give them a boost of +12DB in Sd2SNES. This is so loud that the sound effects of the game are drowned out by the music.

Is there any chance of someone uploading a .PCM MSU-1 version of this track with reduced volume? That would fix this longstanding issue. Level 2 of the dinosaur world is also a bit too loud, but not nearly as bad as the first level... These tracks are sooo obnoxious, I would almost prefer silence. Lol.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 6 Nov 2019 - 17:53 by Relikk

I'd rather not mess with the arranged tracks, but I'll gladly edit the original SPC tracks to a more bearable level and upload them as an optional pack. The only problem is that I don't know exactly which tracks they are, both from the soundtrack itself and with regard to track mapping.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TId461Ck_-pegQooWUwghgD3Lv0YtQ7BWjDM54QOhLk/edit#gid=159767949

If you can pick out exactly which tracks they are from that spreadsheet, I can do it tomorrow when I get home.

Alternatively, you can convert the PCM's back to WAV files using msu2wav and edit them to the desired volume with an audio editor of your choice, then convert them back to PCM using wav2msu.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 6 Nov 2019 - 18:29 by Lightning Hunter

On that list you gave me, the worst culprit is #25 - Dinosaur Land Theme #3 (has a faster tempo). Also, number #22 and #23 (Dinosaur land themes #1 and #2) could use volume reductions, but not as bad as #25.

#24 might be a tad on the loud side also, but not nearly as bad as the others, and may only need a very mild volume reduction.

Also, thanks for the suggestion of msu2wav! I will be using it for testing in the future. Smile

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Thu 7 Nov 2019 - 8:42 by Relikk

By the way, if you need to listen to PCM files without having to convert them, qwertymodo created a plugin for use with foobar2000.

https://github.com/qwertymodo/foo_input_msu/releases

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Thu 7 Nov 2019 - 10:31 by Relikk

Last edited by Relikk on Fri 8 Nov 2019 - 5:08; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 8 Nov 2019 - 4:59 by Conn

@Relikk I just downloaded your set and noticed that the track numbers are pcm -16 until pcm -19, and Lightning Hunter spoke about pcm 22-25, which are marked as dinosaur land in your track sheet. Is it possible that you mixed the indexes up with the hex instead of dec values?

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Fri 8 Nov 2019 - 5:09 by Relikk

It appears so. I'll fix it.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Fri 8 Nov 2019 - 5:40 by Relikk

Fixed.

LINK

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 8 Nov 2019 - 17:20 by Lightning Hunter

Thanks for the fix, it definitely does the trick! Now I can play the game with headphones without going deaf. Wink

I also had some fun messing around with creating my own MSU files thanks to Wav2Msu. I replaced one of the dinosaur tracks with this dinosaur ambience found on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqswbS41nh0

Maybe if people like the idea, there can be an alternative patch for the dinosaur music to be replaced with ambient like this - IF the youtube artist grants permission, that is.

I never really liked the dinosaur music in the original game. It was the only part of the game I felt was lacking. The only unique music with dinosaurs is in the "secret forest" level in the last chapter. The ambient jungle sounds in that level were far better than the dinosaur music in the actual dinosaur chapter...

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 8 Nov 2019 - 20:34 by Conn

I updated first post with these lowered volume tracks as optional.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Fri 8 Nov 2019 - 23:54 by Polargames

Relevevant discussion regarding EVO enhancement patch issues relocated to:
Code:
http://www.zeldix.net/t2007-enhancement-patches

Last edited by pepillopev on Tue 12 Nov 2019 - 9:16; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : link was not helping people)

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next