nervous breakdown?

Go down

nervous breakdown? Empty nervous breakdown?

Post by Polargames Mon 17 Dec 2018 - 22:17

Hello everyone,

About a day or so ago I had a major nervous breakdown. I woke up the next morning feeling so drained, that I felt like a zombie. Normally I just suck it up so to speak and just keep moving on, but this time is different. My head feels empty. To explain it better I would have to say its like doing a game for msu1 and finding out that the break point was not a great place to break and the whole coding felled down. I really hope that makes sense. My head feels really empty and well hollow too. Has this ever happened to you or someone you may know? What had helped you/or someone else threw it? I do plain to talk to my doctor on this because I am very scared at this point. Blue2

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and even though its not a happy one, I do wish you a great day.
Polargames
Polargames

nervous breakdown? Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

nervous breakdown? Empty Re: nervous breakdown?

Post by Conn Tue 18 Dec 2018 - 3:11

Well, given your behavior and your description of your symptoms, I'd think you have a bipolar disorder (ICD-10 F.31). Means you have a phase of depression followed by a manic phase.

This is in my view not a "mental sickness" so you aren't mad or crazy or anything, but a disorder in your brain's biochemical processes. Some people use drugs to artificial indue your symptoms. Drugs hardly can create anything (except maybe drugs that binds on µ-receptors like opioids), but most drugs like mdma and cocaine induce the release of all neurotransmitters (endorphines, noradrenaline, serotonine, whatever), and you feel highly good... then your depots in the brain are empty and you fall in a deep depression (in life you pay for everything doing good Razz ).

I think this is happening to you in a natural way, the release of everydays' neurotransmitters is blocked (depressed) until you have reached a certain level and then they are released all at once and you are in the manic/happy state. The brain is an organ and thus this is imo nothing but an unbalanced release of biochemicals.
My cousin has it too, she takes every day medicaments and as far I know she is doing well. So I think this seeing a doctor to find out the correct medicaments is the way you should take.
Conn
Conn

nervous breakdown? Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Wed 19 Dec 2018 - 11:46

@Conn, wow, I knew about bipolar disorder, but I did not know a manic phase. Thank you very much for bringing that to my attention. I will diffidently let my doc know that also give you a update on what I find out as well. Thanks again about your view that I am not mad or going crazy, I really appreciate it. I honestly though that I was going crazy, I had never up until that point ever felt the way I did when it all went down. I normally try to keep it to myself because I am very self-conscious on this and I also have a bad habit of bottling up my feelings also, So I can see what you mean about naturally getting a rush like what you had described. Thank you and I guess if there is a silver lining to all of this, I did pick the correct username for the forum lol Razz. I also would like to say I wish your cousin the best of luck this. I hope she has continued success for a very long time. :-D
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 19 Dec 2018 - 13:28

I'm happy if I could help you with my point of view, but I am no medical dr. All I can give you are my 2 cents out of my experience with such disorders. I guess you have a bipolar (and not unipolar) because you sometimes are here very (maybe over-) enthusiastic and full of power just to vanish for some days (weeks) shortly after. The reason might be unbalanced serotonine distribution where there are very good medicals. I know it is difficult and expensive visiting a good and qualified doctor in the US, but with a correct diagnose and the correct medics you surely will get a more balanced life (alike my cousin, though she is not able to work anymore, she is doing fine and is balanced). I cross my fingers!
Conn
Conn

nervous breakdown? Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Thu 20 Dec 2018 - 0:01

@Conn, I understand that your not a Dr, but the info you told me does help me understand what I am dealing with a bit better. Well, I as of now do not have bipolar, but chronic depression, with your info though and my Doc, that could change. For why I tend to be very enthusiastic or over do it is I really like this site and enjoy helping out. I also like how people are nice, and it makes me happy reading about how snes games are made. Why I also vanish is due to bad wifi where I am at right now, school, what we are talking about, and life. Also if there is a project being worked on and I read and see that its being handled  and I in no way can help out, I leave it be, because I do not want to cause trouble and/or make people mad. You all have been very nice to me and I am just making sure that I give it back to others here. If its any constellation, Some times I do run projects that are being made on my own to see if there  is any thing I can do, most of the time its been no,which is fine with me, but I try. I also have adhd and TBI ( traumatic brain injury ) as well, So that might also explain things. I will make sure when I go see my doc I will let you know what he thinks and I am happy that your cousin is doing well and is balanced. :-), I wish her continued success for a long time.
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Thu 20 Dec 2018 - 23:34

The problem is that we as a society we live in a somewhat stressful situation all the time.

- Bills constantly due
- Must constantly work
- If not working then can't pay bills so loose everything

This would stress anyone out. So the key to life is to not only have money but to be able to clam down and just gain stability in our own lives.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

nervous breakdown? Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Sat 22 Dec 2018 - 22:01

@Erockbrox, Sadly being able to calm down and stability are getting harder to do everyday. It really seems to be that our hands are tied to what you have stated :-(
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Thu 27 Dec 2018 - 19:49

@polargames

If life is currently a little rocky then you can acknowledge that aspect, but don't forget that you can also work through it as well.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

nervous breakdown? Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Fri 28 Dec 2018 - 15:59

@Erockbrox, Thank you for the advice. I will do my best to make sure that I always remember that. :-), Thank you
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum