SNES HDMI Cable

Zeldix :: General :: News

Go down

SNES HDMI Cable Empty SNES HDMI Cable

Post by Polargames Sat 15 Jun 2019 - 0:52

Hello everyone, There is a new HDMI cable connector for the og snes. It's cost $30 US dollars and kind does an ok job from the video review I have found.

Whats your view on the cable? Would you go out and get it or pass on it?
Polargames
Polargames

SNES HDMI Cable Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

SNES HDMI Cable Empty Re: SNES HDMI Cable

Post by pev Sat 15 Jun 2019 - 8:31

The cable works and does it’s job for the price. I got mine from Amazon. The colors are off a bit but then again, I’m not that picky or too of a visual purist to care. It’s good there is a “poor mans” alternative vs getting a superNT. Cost is a big deal for some.

Overall score? I give it a 7 out 10.

pev

SNES HDMI Cable Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Sat 15 Jun 2019 - 19:12

@sinistra, I understand what you mean, I have been thinking about getting one of those so I could hook up my N64 to my tv, but I still kicking the idea around so to speak. But I do enjoy your post on the matter. Great Job :-).

@Pepv, When you say the colors are a bit off, do you mean like a little off? From what the video had showed to me it seams there washed out a bit. I'am too not picky about the small stuff after market cables bring. Heck some of the offical cables that come with different can be a lot worse. lol

When you got yours from amazon, how well did it shiped? Did it come beat up from being in the mail, or not really. The reason I ask is that sometimes that can make a difference on how it works. I 100% agree on the "poor mans" alternative, I have shopped on that style for a lot of my video games parts.

I do not understand why the superNT has to be so much? What does it really do that makes it worth the high price tag it comes with. I had wanted to get the Analog NT for nes games, but wow the price, that was a no go for sure. I think both should be priced I would say $40 dollars. I would be fine with that.

Sweet, 7 out of 10. Not a bad rateing Pepv. :-D
Polargames
Polargames

SNES HDMI Cable Image112

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Sat 15 Jun 2019 - 21:10

@Polar The video is a bit blurry indeed (but you get what you pay for). It is acceptable, nonetheless, to be able to play on modern TVs versus the composite cable. Amazon packages always arrive in good condition, at least all I have gotten so far.

pev

SNES HDMI Cable Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Sun 16 Jun 2019 - 0:14

pepillopev wrote:@Polar The video is a bit blurry indeed (but you get what you pay for). It is acceptable, nonetheless, to be able to play on modern TVs versus the composite cable. Amazon packages always arrive in good condition, at least all I have gotten so far.

Cool, a little blurry video a person can deal with lol. True, with a cable like this its nice to be able to play on modern tvs. I hope someone will come out with one for the N64. That would be awesome. :-)

Happy that your package came to you fine. At least that rules out shipping damage. I hope that all of your packages continue to come that way.

If you could build your own cable like the one we are talking about, what would you include in it and what price would you set it at?
Polargames
Polargames

SNES HDMI Cable Image112

Back to top Go down