Hyperspin for MSU1 Games

Go down

Hyperspin for MSU1 Games Empty Hyperspin for MSU1 Games

Post by shinobi68 Fri 12 Jul 2019 - 11:44

Hi,

Thanks everyone for the incredible work on MSU1!!

I recently updated my hyperspin with all the MSU1 Games. I use the rom mapping feature of Rocketlauncher. So I choose a Game, then I can choose between all the différents sounds packs, and finally I just have to play the game. It take me a lot of time to put all those things together. I ripped a sound for each game so we can hear the music when displaying the video game. I just have a problem with megaman x and shaq fu. I tried all that I could, but I'm stuck and I can't play those games with MSU1 (no CD sound in megamanx and freeze with shaq fu). If somebody can help me with those games, I could finish this pack. I just need a new feature in rocketlauncher. It would be great to hear the music when selecting the sound pack. I asked it on the rocketlauncher forum, hope this feature will be Added. Please tell me what you think about the MSU1 in hyperspin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MAYae-e1Yg

shinobi68
Bee
Bee

Since : 2019-07-12

Back to top Go down

Hyperspin for MSU1 Games Empty Re: Hyperspin for MSU1 Games

Post by Polargames Fri 12 Jul 2019 - 16:24

Hello shinobi68, I'm Polargames, Feel free to call me polar. :-)

I took a look at your youtube video and so far everything looks awesome. Great job.

Now, when talking about megaman x and shaq fu, Have you tried doing new patches to those games. I know that megaman x had a update for the patch because there was some trouble to it. I would suggest redoing the patch for mega man and shaq fu.  

Did you make sure to use snes9x for those games. If you have not give that a try because some games do not play well on bsnes. I had that trouble many times for bsnes myself, I had also updated it and still had trouble. Also haveing the newest updates to the emulators can also help.

Now, If its for your music into like what you showed in your video, may I ask what format do you use. (MP3,M4a,Ogg).
If you used MP3, that might be a issues of the codec of the mp3. I would redo it to see if that was the issue. I would also give Ogg a try because its a little more flexible and not to picky on where it can be played.

If that does not work, It would then lead to hyper-spin with Rocket launcher. I think it would be more on Rocket launcher thought. Does rocket launcher have a limit of how many gimes it can hold. If it does it could mean you have hit that limit. If there is no limit, then you posting on rocket launcher was the right thing to do.

I hope this helps you out. :-)
Polargames
Polargames

Hyperspin for MSU1 Games Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Fri 12 Jul 2019 - 16:28

Ok, let us cover the basics before we troubleshoot any further.

#1 Did you use the megamanx-us-v1.1-msu-patch.ips on the correct US MegaManX v1.1 rom? There are three patches in the archive (one for us 1.1 and two for v1.0 of us/jap rockmanx). I do not recommend using rockmanx/megamanx 1.0 since it has anti-piracy protection that does not play nice with Snes9x.

#2 Is the game rom, pcm files, and msu file named exactly the same?
(ie, mmx_msu1.sfc, mmx_msu1-x.pcm*, and mmx_msu1.msu).
*red x signifies the track number

I just tested the v1.1 patch on my end and it works fine on RetroArch using the latest Snes9x libretro core. Let me know if you still have issues. Much luck. See Update item below...

Update: If you do not have the mmx_msu1.msu file, you can create one easily in Windows by creating a blank text file. Then rename it to mmx_msu1.msu and this should get you going. If this file is missing, msu will not work.

Last edited by pepillopev on Fri 12 Jul 2019 - 17:45; edited 5 times in total

pev

Hyperspin for MSU1 Games Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 12 Jul 2019 - 17:32

I found the bug in K's shaq fu patch and hope I fixed it:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/shfu_msu.zip
was a remapping

Regarding MMX, I hope you can figure it out with Pev, most common it can also be a header problem:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1662-remove-header
Conn
Conn

Hyperspin for MSU1 Games Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 12 Jul 2019 - 17:40

Ah, I think the problem is that Pev's patch file does not contain a mmx_msu.msu file.
Without it you will not hear audio.

Just make an empty text file and name it mmx_msu.msu

Last edited by Conn on Fri 12 Jul 2019 - 17:47; edited 1 time in total
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Fri 12 Jul 2019 - 17:41

@Conn already addressed the missing mmx_msu.msu, lol.

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 12 Jul 2019 - 17:42

What a maintainance service here *lol Very Happy
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Fri 12 Jul 2019 - 17:43

@Conn I know, right? I added the dummy file in the archive too. So, another maintenance item off the checklist now. Hee hee hee.

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by shinobi68 Sun 14 Jul 2019 - 6:58

Wow, thank you for all your support!! Polar, Pepillopev, Conn, thank you. I'll try all the advices you gave me so I'll be able to finalize my MSU1 Pack with megaman X and shaq Fu (until new games will be added with the MSU1 feature...).
For the musics in the menu, it's really a rocketlauncher issue. I could separate all the games in my hyperspin database. So each version of a game will display separately in different wheels. But for exemple there are ten differents music pack for donkey kong. It will take too long to swith between each game. The rom mapping feature in rocketlauncher was create to select different versions for one game (hack versions...). But there is no feature to play differents songs when displaying the game in the menu. You can take a look at my video at 1:40. This is the menu where I can choose between the ten differents music pack. I can play the music I want when displaying a game in the normal wheel but not in this menu. Rocketlauncher is really an incredible soft with a lot of features. I just need a particular feature for the MSU1 system, because the music is really important for the choose of a game. With others systems, you don't need to hear the music when you select an hacked version of a game. I already asked to the rocketlauncher forum, just hope they can fix this.
Thank you for your support with the MSU1 gaming. Can I share my hyperspin pack? I ripped some music from here, so I prefer ask you if it's OK. I'll share my hyperspin media pack on the official hyperspin site and on emumovies site (the videos come from this site). Let me know if it's ok for you. Thanks again for your support Wink

shinobi68
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by shinobi68 Sun 14 Jul 2019 - 8:43

Conn wrote:Ah, I think the problem is that Pev's patch file does not contain a mmx_msu.msu file.
Without it you will not hear audio.

Just make an empty text file and name it mmx_msu.msu

Yeaah, now it plays great!!! Very Happy

shinobi68
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by shinobi68 Sun 14 Jul 2019 - 8:44

Conn wrote:I found the bug in K's shaq fu patch and hope I fixed it:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/shfu_msu.zip
was a remapping

Regarding MMX, I hope you can figure it out with Pev, most common it can also be a header problem:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1662-remove-header

Shaq Fu is well patched, thanks. Now I can play it Very Happy Very Happy

shinobi68
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Sun 14 Jul 2019 - 17:28

@shinobi68, your very welcome and I am happy its all fixed. Now sharing your pack, please do not because that has ROMs in it and zeldix does not want to get in trouble. That's a general rule I have been told. Again that is what I strongly suggest.
Polargames
Polargames

Hyperspin for MSU1 Games Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by shinobi68 Mon 15 Jul 2019 - 5:42

Polargames wrote:@shinobi68, your very welcome and I am happy its all fixed. Now sharing your pack, please do not because that has ROMs in it and zeldix does not want to get in trouble. That's a general rule I have been told. Again that is what I strongly suggest.

No problem. I Don't have specified that, but naturally what I will share has no roms Inside. I'll just share the medias (themes, videos, wheels, sounds). On the Hyperspin official site and on emumovies, it's the same rule. Those sites can't survive if there is roms sharing. So we share only what we are creating (videos, themes, artwork, boxes) without any roms. I just ask you if I can share the music rips on those site without roms. Because the musics rips come from your work, so I prefer asking you before sharing this Smile

shinobi68
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 15 Jul 2019 - 8:24

I'm happy all works fine.
Surely you can use anything we provide and or post anything you like (except roms) Smile
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 15 Jul 2019 - 23:47

very cool that you have an emulator with all those games on there.

just image that in 20 more years you can fit the whole PS4 library on a small emulation machine and play the whole thing.

People love their video games and they will preserve them. i though prefer to play on original hardware.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by shinobi68 Tue 16 Jul 2019 - 2:22

Sure, I like to play on real hardware too. I have set up my hyperspin on an arcade machine with multi sync monitor. So I have the pixel perfect résolutions and screen renderer. Hyperspin is more like a video game museum. For some specifics systems (vectrex, handeld consoles…), the feeling is not so close that on the real hardware. But for SNES, it's really accurate. The next step for me is to buy an sd2snes pro, so I will be able to play the MSU1 on my real snes. But at the moment I Don't have the cash for that. The sd2snes is expensive but is worth it.

shinobi68
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down