Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch)

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch) - Page 12 Empty Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch)

Patch* and sound/data files:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ah8ksmUOX0QQiR-hlWgB-wczn08C
*Apply on headerless US 1.1 ROM

Light patch (only music for SD2SNES)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sOpDIBma5u_Khazl2hR7HULS5mfZaDWV

MSU-1 IS NOT ONLY FOR PLAYING PCM MUSIC.

You can stream graphics, fmv, sound, sprites. Ignore all previous patches. Released 28/10, as the arcade Killer Instinct release date.
gizaha

Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch) - Page 12 Image111

Since : 2015-05-13

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch) :: Comments

Post Thu 19 Sep 2024 - 17:01 by DarakuTenshi

I really wish this one would work on the Polymega. This patch slows the game to a crawl on that console.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 23 Sep 2024 - 11:15 by mandiokaman

This is the best hack ever made for Super Nintendo! The idea of making snes KI2 is epic! I am the youtube user "retromagico" and posted a comparison between the original Snes Version vs the Arcade Mega Patch... Have you thought about implementing a support chip such as SA-1 or Super-FX to run the 3D scenarios and that could be compatible with an original SuperNes (with everdrive)?

EDIT: I'm sorry! I just read that you posted the reasons why you don't use a support chip in the game (because of the change from HI-ROM to LO-ROM or something like that). Anyway you've done an epic job!
And if I could help with anything, (although I don't know programming), I am available to assist you in any way I can!

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 23 Sep 2024 - 15:45 by gizaha

mandiokaman wrote:I'm sorry! I just read that you posted the reasons why you don't use a support chip in the game (because of the change from HI-ROM to LO-ROM or something like that). Anyway you've done an epic job!
And if I could help with anything, (although I don't know programming), I am available to assist you in any way I can!
Now i can use support chip. I'm working on KI2 and i use decompiled code with DiztinGUIsh this time. Clean code, without messy subroutines in empty space and spaghetti code. Disabled KI1 codes in order to gain space for KI2 codes.

There is a huge problem with extra chips:*
Even that you can have 3d backgrounds to work, there is an unsolved problem with sprites: You can make them smaller, you cannot make them huge when they are close to screen. And you cannot skip this.
One cheap solution is to force an extra chip use one Bg layer only for sprites, but you will have low fps on vram DMA.

*I was wrong. KI2 would not rotate the stages in that way that sprites would be close to camera, such as KI1. So technicaly you can have scaling, WITHOUT special chip. I have something in mind.

Last edited by gizaha on Wed 25 Sep 2024 - 19:37; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 23 Sep 2024 - 16:57 by mandiokaman

gizaha wrote:
Now i can use support chip. I'm working on KI2 and i use decompiled code with DiztinGUIsh this time. Clean code, without messy subroutines in empty space and spaghetti code. Disabled KI1 codes in order to gain space for KI2 codes.

WOW!!! That's a huge and great notice!

It would help a lot if the original KI2 rom for SNES, which was never released, was leaked.

gizaha wrote:
There is a huge problem with extra chips:
Even that you can have 3d backgrounds to work, there is an unsolved problem with sprites: You can make them smaller, you cannot make them huge when they are close to screen. And you cannot skip this.
One cheap solution is to force an extra chip use one Bg layer only for sprites, but you will have low fps on vram DMA.

I get it... The VRAM on the SNES is also too small to handle everything... right?

gizaha wrote:

The solution you propose, (which would not work), be similar to the used for the 2D scenarios in the original arcade?

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 23 Sep 2024 - 17:51 by gizaha

mandiokaman wrote:
It would help a lot if the original KI2 rom for SNES, which was never released, was leaked.
No. Writing it from scratch will be better.

mandiokaman wrote:
I get it... The VRAM on the SNES is also too small to handle everything... right?
No it's not the case. Vram size is ok.

mandiokaman wrote:
The solution you propose, (which would not work), be similar to the used for the 2D scenarios in the original arcade?
No arcade renders different.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 24 Sep 2024 - 11:09 by mandiokaman

Have you thought about also making a Mortal Kombat Arcade edition just like the Sega Genesis version? I guess in that case you have to modify almost everything.

In case it helps you... I have a super nintendo with an everdrive, and I do audio, video and graphics editing (sorry for my bad English, I'm using Google Translate to write as best as possible)

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 24 Sep 2024 - 11:25 by gizaha

mandiokaman wrote:Have you thought about also making a Mortal Kombat Arcade edition just like the Sega Genesis version? I guess in that case you have to modify almost everything.

In case it helps you... I have a super nintendo with an everdrive, and I do audio, video and graphics editing (sorry for my bad English, I'm using Google Translate to write as best as possible)
No Mortal Kombat, it would take years since i only have 1 free hour per day. Also KI is more impressive on snes than Mortal kombat. But i was thinking about SSF2T because till today is in demand and snes can have the best console version.

Coincidence, i also do audio video and graphics editing and also don't speak English.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 24 Sep 2024 - 15:23 by mandiokaman

gizaha wrote:No Mortal Kombat, it would take years since i only have 1 free hour per day. Also KI is more impressive on snes than Mortal kombat. But i was thinking about SSF2T because till today is in demand and snes can have the best console version.

AWESOME!
It would be very interesting to see an SSF2T like the arcade! (however I think it would not surpass the epic task of converting KI2 to the Snes).

gizaha wrote:Coincidence, i also do audio video and graphics editing and also don't speak English.

Where you from dude? I'm a hardware technician and architect (of construction, not programs) and from Argentina... I have a healthy envy of your programming skills!

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12