Super Metroid/A Link to the Past Combo Randomizer Support

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Super Metroid/A Link to the Past Combo Randomizer Support - Page 2 Empty Re: Super Metroid/A Link to the Past Combo Randomizer Support

Post by clockworkbutterfly Fri 28 Feb 2020 - 14:46

Conn wrote:I could fix the ending credits if you provide me a Geiger snesx savestate. It is without msu but I nevertheless can trace it with this emulator to debug
http://geigercount.net/crypt/gsd/snes9x1.51.ep10r2.7z

Unfortunately, I may not be able to do this unless there's a Mac version of the emulator.  I'm running OSX.  I could very easily get you a rom and a *.state file though if that would help at all.

— CB

clockworkbutterfly
Cucumber
Cucumber

Since : 2020-02-23

Back to top Go down

Super Metroid/A Link to the Past Combo Randomizer Support - Page 2 Empty Re: Super Metroid/A Link to the Past Combo Randomizer Support

Post by ABOhiccups Fri 28 Feb 2020 - 14:56

Conn, I've discovered a few bugs in your MSU1 Patch Version of Super Metroid and A Link to the Past Randomizer.

Music stop and play same music again for a second while enter a portal between Super Metroid and A Link to the Past.

Music starts over after exit a House / Building in A Link to the Past.

In Tower of Hera. The music starts over when enter from 4th Floor to 5th Floor.
ABOhiccups
ABOhiccups
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2019-08-22

http://abohiccups.crypto

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 28 Feb 2020 - 16:36

Music stop and play same music again for a second while enter a portal between Super Metroid and A Link to the Past.
I cannot reproduce that bug, but fixed the music respawning (v2 below). Maybe this also fixes the portal issue?

Unfortunately, I may not be able to do this unless there's a Mac version of the emulator.  I'm running OSX.  I could very easily get you a rom and a *.state file though if that would help at all.
In this case i cannot fix it. I simply have not the time to play there myself. If anybody else can supply it however...?

Edit. I also found the bgm too loud and adjusted it to A0 for Zelda.
Conn
Conn

Super Metroid/A Link to the Past Combo Randomizer Support - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by clockworkbutterfly Fri 28 Feb 2020 - 18:26

Thanks Conn! I'm really happy you were willing and able to put this much work into it.

Maybe someone else here will be able to play through it with your emulator of choice. I just don't have access to a PC, and I doubt that Geiger Snesx is available for the Raspberry Pi (my platform of choice).

— CB

clockworkbutterfly
Cucumber
Cucumber

Back to top Go down

Post by ABOhiccups Sat 29 Feb 2020 - 1:37

Conn I found another bug!

Music starts over after leaving under the bridge in A Link to the Past Light World.
ABOhiccups
ABOhiccups
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 29 Feb 2020 - 2:49

That is no bug, but a difference in the japanese version that you take as base rom:
https://youtu.be/8iWS-MbR0-c?t=1584

Is the portal bug fixed? Here's my take on that. As you can see, the bug doesn't occur.
https://streamable.com/bog7j
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by ABOhiccups Sat 29 Feb 2020 - 3:12

Conn wrote:Is the portal bug fixed? Here's my take on that. As you can see, the bug doesn't occur.
https://streamable.com/bog7j

No, It still stop play a music for a second then play same music again for a second until it switch music between 2 different games while enter a portal.
ABOhiccups
ABOhiccups
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 29 Feb 2020 - 4:47

Can you provide a video or something, better a snes9x savestate. Was I doing everything correctly in my video? As said, I never played metroid.

Through some cheating I got to the end of Zelda and found how to fix the credits bug. It will now stop msu during the credits shown. Furthermore you can add a track-59 to have your msu themed credits, if not found it has spc fallback and plays the spc credits.
(I didn't check the code with msu, so I hope it works).
Attachments
Super Metroid/A Link to the Past Combo Randomizer Support - Page 2 Attachment
zelda_metroidv3.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1 Kb) Downloaded 14 times
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by ABOhiccups Sat 29 Feb 2020 - 5:26

Conn How do I add Attachments on this forum?
ABOhiccups
ABOhiccups
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 29 Feb 2020 - 5:31

Usually if you click on postreply button (not quick reply), you find a file attach field (don't forget to click on upload after selected). Also only zipped files are allowed.

You can also post a extern host link like maybe
http://www.tinyupload.com/
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by ABOhiccups Sat 29 Feb 2020 - 5:44

Conn Here's a Save File. This is after Mother Brain was defeated and before Ganon.

I do need another Save File where Ganon was defeated and before Mother Brain. So, I can test both Endings.
Attachments
Mother Brain already defeated and before Ganon.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(2 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
ABOhiccups
ABOhiccups
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 29 Feb 2020 - 6:03

Be sure to test it with v3 posted above. It should play track-59 after the original endings (on the combo credits), if not found there's a spc fallback.

What shall I do when loading your savestate? Can I test the portal bug with it?
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by clockworkbutterfly Sat 29 Feb 2020 - 13:47

Thanks so much, guys! I'm glad to have generated some interest in this. :-)

— CB

clockworkbutterfly
Cucumber
Cucumber

Back to top Go down

Post by ABOhiccups Sat 29 Feb 2020 - 23:17

Conn I tested on both SNES9X, BSNES, and SD2SNES / FXPAK Pro on Super Nintendo Hardware.

SNES9X: Both Track 59 on Credits and music playing while enter a Portal works prefect.

BSNES: Track 59 won't play during Credits. Portal Door issue as I mentioned before.

SD2SNES / FXPAK Pro: Track 59 does not play during Credits. But it plays SPC during Credits instead. Portal Door issue as I mentioned before.

Edit: I uploaded Save States for BSNES Emulator.
Attachments
BSNES Save States.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(417 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
ABOhiccups
ABOhiccups
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 1 Mar 2020 - 6:13

I have bad news for you... it seems like bsnes (and probably sd2snes?) msu output is coupled with a working SPC. This is what you experience when switching the game. The current game's spc is stopped, and you therefroe get a break in the msu play, the next game's spc is executed so it works again (and the msu continues). This is what you experience as the one second play. Same is for the ending: I simply overrode the spc play command, thus bsnes can't play msu.

I tried a lot making at least the end work but failed, and I think I also cannot make the portal switch work properly. If I disable spc stop when switching, at the end also the sfx won't work anymore.

bsnes wants to be close to real hardware emulation, that is why snes9x is less pedantic when it comes to such stuff.

I unfortunately have no idea how to overcome this issue, but having this patch snes9x only Sad
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Mon 2 Mar 2020 - 0:45

I have a working SMZ3R Combo Randomizer MSU-1 patch, but it's not updated with all of the new stuff that I added in the v31 Z3R patch, like expanded OST and multi-pack support. It also doesn't have a race-legal timing implementation on SM. I definitely want to get around to finishing it up so it can be implemented directly upstream like Z3R has, but it's pretty far down on my backlog right now.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Mon 16 Mar 2020 - 3:52

Just wanted to chime in here again because I heard some people talking about it in Discord. The official support I'm working on will have the Z3 tracks start at track 101 = Opening Theme, 102 = Main Overworld, etc. instead of starting at 61. It might be a good idea to adjust this patch to do the same so people don't have to do a bunch of changes when the official support comes out.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 16 Mar 2020 - 5:38

I could easily change that, however, ABOhiccups needs to change his support pack first,
change the rename generator to start with tracks 101 for zelda. I'll map credits ending to track 100 then
Track 59 100:
Star Fox End Credits by Andrés Soto (VGOScore)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ4VETKgJG8

Track 61 - 93 101-133:
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Tracks
@ABOhiccups let me know when you are done.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Mon 16 Mar 2020 - 14:37

No need to re-map the ending credits, they actually replaced the SPC data for whatever track number the original Super Metroid ending theme was, so I just left that one as-is.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by ABOhiccups Mon 16 Mar 2020 - 14:43

qwertymodo Does Star Fox Ending Credits plays Track 30 or different Track? I'm little bit confused.
ABOhiccups
ABOhiccups
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 16 Mar 2020 - 14:53

No need to re-map the ending credits, they actually replaced the SPC data for whatever track number the original Super Metroid ending theme was, so I just left that one as-is.
The 59 was artificially hacked and mapped by me to be played as pcm, it is the overall combo combined credits (not the metroid credits).

So:

Track 1-29: Metroid
Track 30: Metroid credits (ending)
Track 59: hacked by me to play the overall combo credits
Track 60-93: Zelda Tracks

So Track 1-30 can be left as they are. But I would say to re-map the combo credits to 100, and starting Zelda with 101.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 16 Mar 2020 - 15:00

Or hold on, I'm not sure whether track 0 (-100.pcm) in Zelda is needed for mute.
ABOhiccups: all you need to do is
- rename track 59 to 99.pcm
- make the generator generate track 101-133 for zelda instead 61-63, then we are good. I can remap the patch to use these numbers in 10 minutes.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by ABOhiccups Mon 16 Mar 2020 - 15:17

Conn The PCM Rename Generator for Super Metroid and A Link to the Past Randomizer was UPDATED!
ABOhiccups
ABOhiccups
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 16 Mar 2020 - 16:30

Much thanks, patch is also updated to v4 to support that:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1o2inbFxGR6Y7W8pkeL45IlzZ5HV4wLgD
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniComputer Thu 19 Mar 2020 - 16:34

Does someone have a track list for super metroid/link to the past randomizer ?

I got the super metroid pcm set working great.
MiniComputer
MiniComputer
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Since : 2017-11-04

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next