Patch Download:
Code:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5009/

MSU1 Pack:
Code:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_Rfwn1mbA52Q8jJEOBgNYGgXCLBzCLbK

AVGN VS Ganon Avgn_v10

--------------------------------------------------

Database match: Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past (USA)
Database: No-Intro: Super Nintendo Entertainment System (v. 20180813-062835)
File/ROM SHA-1: 6D4F10A8B10E10DBE624CB23CF03B88BB8252973
File/ROM CRC32: 777AAC2F

Angry Video Game Nerd VS Ganon is a ROM Hack of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past based on The Angry Video Game Nerd on YouTube.

This ROM Hack was a sequel to another ROM Hack "AVGN VS Dr. Wily". After the Angry Video Game Nerd killed Dr. Wily and avenge Mega Man's death. The Nerd found a Time Machine in Dr. Wily's Lab. The Nerd drink too many Rolling Rock Beers while time traveling. The Nerd was too drunk to travel back in time to prevent Dr. Wily killing Mega Man. The Nerd ended up going back in time way too far and ended up killing Link in the land of Hyrule and past out drunk laying in Link's bed.

This ROM Hack supports MSU1 with Audio Tracks from The Angry Video Game Nerd Episodes and other games that AVGN reviewed. Plus with FMV of The Angry Video Game Nerd Techno Theme Intro Remix.
  • The player's lives was set to 1 hit KO. If you get hit once. You're dead! Game Over.
  • The enemies are now triple less damage.
  • Most of crack wall marks was removed to make secret areas hard to find.
  • Most of the dialogues was changed.

Versions History:

Version 1.4 - Added new dialogue for Princess Zelda.

Version 1.3 - More dialogues was added, PSA was added at the beginning of the game, and a Strategy Guide was now included.

Version 1.2 - A dialogue was altered.

Version 1.1 - A few bugs was fixed and few dialogues was edited.

Last edited by ABOhiccups on Sun 13 Nov 2022 - 2:49; edited 7 times in total
ABOhiccups
ABOhiccups
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2019-08-22

http://abohiccups.crypto

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

AVGN VS Ganon :: Comments

Devan2002

Post Thu 19 Mar 2020 - 23:36 by Devan2002

I've been playing through the hack a bit and I've noticed 3 things.

1. Some enemies don't have triple health; keese, rats, and green eyegores do not have triple health.

2. The eclipses are inconsistent. In textboxes you edited, they display as 3 periods instead of a single triple dot like in unmodified textboxes. Now I don't blame you for not having this fixed since HM does that normally, but there's an easy fix for it. Basically copy the rom, remove 2 periods, save, and compare the difference between one period and 3 periods within a hex editor (searching for a value of 616161 which corresponds to the 3 periods), locate it within the version which only has the one period and change it to the hex value 63 (which should hopefully be the eclipse). Just know that the textboxes are located in the $E00000 block (English and Japanese roms).

3. When the last armos is remaining, its health is reset to the default. I myself had found this out when I manually edited the armos health in a romhack. When the last armos is alive, its health is set to a value, the value it changes to is not the same variable used for the armos health (the value you modified to make them have more health).

UPDATE: The hack is hardlocked due to Helmasuar disappearing after he takes any damage (not to mention his mask came off immediately when the fight started).

Back to top Go down

ABOhiccups

Post Fri 20 Mar 2020 - 17:25 by ABOhiccups

Devan2002 wrote:UPDATE: The hack is hardlocked due to Helmasuar disappearing after he takes any damage (not to mention his mask came off immediately when the fight started).

Do you have a Save State file for bsnes Emulator? So, I can test it and see if I can fix it?

Back to top Go down

Devan2002

Post Fri 20 Mar 2020 - 22:20 by Devan2002

ABOhiccups wrote:
Devan2002 wrote:UPDATE: The hack is hardlocked due to Helmasuar disappearing after he takes any damage (not to mention his mask came off immediately when the fight started).

Do you have a Save State file for bsnes Emulator? So, I can test it and see if I can fix it?

I did this on SNES9x, though. But anyways, here's the save state file.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lY_k6j5x1QoFko71BaPiSRhrpJDD2A8H/view?usp=sharing

Back to top Go down

ABOhiccups

Post Fri 20 Mar 2020 - 22:31 by ABOhiccups

I made it to the boss by myself and I fixed the bug you showed me. I will release a new version very shortly.

Back to top Go down