Patch update

Zeldix :: General :: News

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Patch update - Page 4 Empty Re: Patch update

Post by Conn Fri 31 Jan 2014 - 20:12

And I think all is fixed ^^''
You can also use all staircases, so Forget what I wrote before. There's only a small bug left. When diving while you are still moving due to the Swimming sluggishness and hold the y-button you will somehow drift further underwater (until you release the button. Guess I can't do anything.

Anybody who uses my hacks, please note that in the last 3 days These hacks have been updated:

feather update (v22)
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/feather.zip

complete items (flipper fix):
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/complete_items.zip

Boots:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/pegasus_upgrade.zip
Conn
Conn

Patch update - Page 4 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Potentialing Fri 31 Jan 2014 - 21:11

Conn wrote:Thanks. It is however difficult to adapt other codes.

The code is much more stabled (you cannot dive anymore when a ladder is below you). It happens though that when you jump into the water and press the y button during the jump, you can do this Jesus walk (especially on small ladders).

I'll fix and post the (hopefully) final patch tomorrow.
The #$06 state on $5B I mentioned earlier is actually the state Link is in the air between air and water (Though I haven't checked if it's also the same value for ledges.)  In the disassembly, there's probably a flag which triggers this routine somewhere nearby the codes I posted. (The leftmost values are the addresses in the rom where the code was ran, and everything to the right of the opcodes are currently stored variables at that moment in time.)

Conn wrote:Hah! Did you notice, that when catching a normal bee it does not magically transform into a good bee anymore? Smile
I didn't! Great find+fix, though!

And now I found a new bug. (Sorry! Hahaha) If you use an item like swinging an empty bottle, pause, switch to the roc's feather and jump, Link will go haywire and the game will softlock.

EDIT: Actually, Magic Mirror OoB detection is a lot more lenient than usual. The game didn't warp me back here:
Patch update - Page 4 6FyLi
Potentialing
Potentialing

Patch update - Page 4 Image111

Since : 2013-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 31 Jan 2014 - 21:17

I noticed a bug on the short ladder though, when trying really hard it happend that I was Walking on the water. Dunno whether it is a must-fix (and if I can fix). It really happens only if you abuse the out of water jump).
I recommend though to use only the large staircases, with those I ran never in this last bug.

Thanks for finding the other bug (you realize now why I'm not going to make new hacks?)... I'll see what I can do.

As for the mirror, not my fault ^^
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Potentialing Fri 31 Jan 2014 - 22:29

Conn wrote:Thanks for finding the other bug (you realize now why I'm not going to make new hacks?)... I'll see what I can do.
I think the main problem is the lack of RAM/ROM address knowledge. The existing repositories are either inconsistent or not informative enough. It would be really nice to combine all of our discoveries during this hacking so we can recycle some information for other parts of the game.

Graphics routines for the roc's feather was a pretty big issue for me. I'd really like to get a custom one working, haha.

Also interesting@the mirror bug. Can't say I knew about the top of Hyrule Castle being that easy to break into.
Potentialing
Potentialing

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 1 Feb 2014 - 2:54

ok:
the flippers should be completely fixed, also the short ladder. Furthermore I managed to fix the drifting
complete items (new flipper fix):

Your feather bug is also fixed (disabled item select during Animation):
feather update (v23)
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/feather.zip

The mirror bug also happens in original LoZ, btw.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Potentialing Sat 1 Feb 2014 - 11:33

Working really smooth now, though I found out that the roc's feather stores the activation state even after switching items. If you pause at the same time (or rather, just a couple of frames after) you use the roc's feather, switch to a different item, and switch back, the roc's feather will activate the moment you unpause with it equipped.

The goldstar still moves while the game is paused, and players can abuse this to use the hookshot without the delay of the attack.

Diving in dungeons is great! My only suggestions are to prevent the player from using the goldstar if they're nearby a ladder (super buggy, softlock-able even) and prevent diving if Link is jumping out of/into the water.

By the way, is the diving supposed to act like you're on land on the overworld? It produces some very strange results for me on both ZSNES and SNES9X (Haven't tested BSNES though).
Potentialing
Potentialing

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 1 Feb 2014 - 11:53

Please don't get picky Wink I am tired of Fixing bugs after 3 days 24/7, please believe me here.

Working really smooth now, though I found out that the roc's feather stores the activation state even after switching items. If you pause at the same time (or rather, just a couple of frames after) you use the roc's feather, switch to a different item, and switch back, the roc's feather will activate the moment you unpause with it equipped.
Cannot find buggies here, also hard to achieve this.

The goldstar still moves while the game is paused, and players can abuse this to use the hookshot without the delay of the attack.
So what, they won't do it everytime and it really is Little.

Diving in dungeons is great! My only suggestions are to prevent the player from using the goldstar if they're nearby a ladder (super buggy, softlock-able even) and prevent diving if Link is jumping out of/into the water.
This really is a horrbile bug, thanks for reporting.
Diving when jumping in/out of water actually is prevented already... or am I wrong?

By the way, is the diving supposed to act like you're on land on the overworld? It produces some very strange results for me on both ZSNES and SNES9X (Haven't tested BSNES though).
Yes, which strange results are you talking about?

Last edited by Conn on Sat 1 Feb 2014 - 12:15; edited 1 time in total
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 1 Feb 2014 - 12:14

Alright Goldstar at water is fixed:

Any other (severe) bugs?

Also I noticed that underwater pots, torches must not be in reach of the hookshot (you can shoot through the staircase and grabble on them).
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Potentialing Sat 1 Feb 2014 - 15:41

My bad, I thought you wanted me to report any bugs, so I'll just mention severe game-breaking ones from now on.

The strange results I was referring to was that when you dive in water on the overworld, it treats it like you are on land. Here is a photo of me dashing with the pegasus boots on water:

Patch update - Page 4 6GpWc

I also got back on a puddle while I was under the water and Link turned invisible:

Patch update - Page 4 6Gq3h
Potentialing
Potentialing

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 2 Feb 2014 - 3:53

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy that you are testing the bugs Puzz and I have overseen, this makes the game much more stable and we are in good Progress.
But if I fix every of these... picky things (sorry have no other word for things like the morning star keeps a bit circling when the menu Comes down), I only may cause more bugs due to fixing ^^

I solved those two bugs mentioned above:

I know that it still looks strange if you use your sword, but Magic cape e.g., isn't different.
Also when using your boots under water and press in the direction you want to run, you still can. But very slowly. Since the L2 flippers behave not like diving flippers, but are rather the OoT iron boots to walk on the ground (like the feather behaves more similar to OoT gliding shoes), this is a bug that is ok to have it (it's sophisticated to run under water and slow, so this even could be regarded as making it more authentic).

There's also a Thing when I tried on PU. While the hack now works (hopefully) perfectly in LoZ, there's no barrier in PU, though it is similar. It could be due to a different tile used for walls or floors. Dunno:

Patch update - Page 4 Image115

If you run in this bug in your hack, here's how I solved it: simply set two barriers on bg2; you can walk over them but not swim through them:

Patch update - Page 4 Image233
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 10 Feb 2014 - 9:30

I now addressed that "picky bug" with the morning star keeps circling when the menu Drops down as well. But this was due to a qraphical bug with the shaft that gets messed up when getting into the menu while using the morning star (in this Image the pu fix is shown which I will send to SePH with the next update hack):

Patch update - Page 4 Sg482014

Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 12 Feb 2014 - 18:51

SePH discovered a bug with above bug fix. The menu drop down wasn't restored after grabbing on objects (that's the reason I do not fix small bugs since they are often a source for other bugs)

Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 13 Feb 2014 - 16:36

Ups, in my last Version, I made a mistake with the hack for the 24 items menu. PLease reapply, otherwise the game will Crash:

Here's a brand new hack, you can stun your enemies with your net (or empty bottle, depends on feather hack applied or not).
It Needs the Hand combat patch preapplied though!

(equip an empty bottle and stun enemies with it - somhow it seems to not work on soldiers, but most other enemies).

Hack: Link can fight without sword - optional: stun enemies with your net
Authors: SePH, Conn
Information: gives Link the ability to knock-out enemies with his punch that is performed when having no sword. The damage is like boomerang (enemies get paralyzed for a few seconds). This is a perfect hack if you use above start-up modifier and want to have Link find his sword somewhat later in the game (and not want to have him absolutely defenseless as in PW start).
Rom: any ALTTP rom without header

Code address:
main code at 0d/b4d0 (squeezed inbetween goldpotion and feather)

Ips:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/l0_knockout.zip

Screenshot:
Patch update - Page 4 L0_kno10

ASM:
Code:

lorom

org $06ED6A
jsl $1bb4d0 ; hook - formerly: lda $06ed33,x (load sword damage

org $079E67
nop
nop ;nop out no damage if no sword

org $1BB4D0 ;sqeezed it between some other code by me, still unused region in any of my hacks
cpx #$ff ; this is the value in X you get to a monster when having no sword
beq $06 ;branch 6 bytes if yes
lda $06ed33,x ; native code - load damage if you slay with sword
bra $02 ;branch 2 bytes
lda #$00 ; if cpx was FF load boomerang damage - could also be L1 sword damage 01 but would be pointless (naturally)
rtl

If you want to stun as well with your bug catching net, use this hack:
Note: required is the patch above preapplied (fight with no sword) to make this hack work!

http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/net_stun.zip

Patch update - Page 4 Native10

Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Thu 13 Feb 2014 - 22:10

It would be cool if you made the net into a deku stick so that its like a weapon and yet weaker than the sword. awesome work Conn
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Patch update - Page 4 Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 14 Feb 2014 - 5:33

This contradicts a bit with the feather, since the empty bottle will serve as the net with one of my hacks to have place for the feather. But you'd simply have to replace the empty bottle gfx with the stick to have your request done.
PU has in a similar way a frying pan instead the empty bottle
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by scawful Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 13:49

I haven't tried this stunning hack yet, but does it stun all enemies? I don't know what the power system is for enemies but I figured if the enemy was stronger than it wouldn't be stunned.
scawful
scawful

Patch update - Page 4 Image211

Since : 2013-07-04

http://zeniea.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 1 Mar 2014 - 7:53

I haven't tried this stunning hack yet, but does it stun all enemies? I don't know what the power system is for enemies but I figured if the enemy was stronger than it wouldn't be stunned.
As far as I know, it has the same effect as the boomerang. So it doesn't work on some enemies.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Patch update - Page 4 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 4 Mar 2014 - 21:42

I can't tell on which enemies it works or not. I'd guess that the soldiers have another collision calculation code than the other enemies and therefore aren't addressed with my code. But I didn't find another enemy where it didn't work. Skeletons can even be killed.
If you use it with your Rom, please ensure that the Hand combat is preapplied. I now have merged both hacks (Hand combat and net stun) into one hack to make it less complicated:

Hack: Link can fight without sword and stun enemies with the net (or empty bottle if feather hack is applied)
Authors: SePH, Conn
Information: gives Link the ability to knock-out enemies with his punch that is performed when having no sword. The damage is like boomerang (enemies get paralyzed for a few seconds). This is a perfect hack if you use above start-up modifier and want to have Link find his sword somewhat later in the game (and not want to have him absolutely defenseless as in PW start).
The new version lets you also stun most enemies with the net. Some like the soldiers will not work however.
Rom: any ALTTP rom without header

Code address:
main code at 0d/b4d0 (squeezed inbetween goldpotion and feather)

Ips:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/stun_hand_net.zip

Screenshot:

Stunning with Hands (no sword)

Stunning with net (or empty bottle if feather hack is applied)

Also please regularly check this Topic since from time to time bugs are found and you'd Need to reapply the new Versions hacks on your Projects. I'm sorry for this (we are already at page 5 of hack updates and v21 of the feather) but creating new items seems to be quite bug affective since you Need to check and address all eventualies (like throwing new items into fairy Pond and such).

You can also use the all-in Rom as template to built your Project on since this will always have the latest updates applied (though I do not know how easily your works can be imported).
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 5 Mar 2014 - 12:02

I found a way to stun the soldiers as well, please reapply the IPS
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/stun_hand_net.zip

I also sent you a hack update, SePH Wink

You can also download the freshly hacked Rom here:
"removed the ROM link"

btw: did anybody made an ups hack out of it (Puzz)? If so, please update and edit here:
http://zeldix.forumotion.com/t308-the-all-in-rom
since I do not know how to create such an ups...
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 5 Mar 2014 - 13:30

Conn, when you were away, SePH decided to make a part of this forum public, however the general rule of the entire forum (closed for public and the future part opened for public) is, that it no longer accepts any ROMs.

Instead SePH decided to only alow patches, and since IPS is outdated and can produce bugged roms, we decided for UPS (same as IPS but better quality and has the CRC check). IPS files can still be made in exception situations, when a CRC check must be overlooked.

So we started to remove all the ROMs from the site, updating them with UPS patches.

You can read more here:
http://zeldix.forumotion.com/t346-zeldixnet-and-a-central-hub-for-zelda-iii

This is my topic on how to make UPS patches:
http://zeldix.forumotion.com/t351-how-to-make-and-apply-an-ups-patch

PS
I've removed the ROM link in your upper post. The link with the IPS is ok. Sometimes IPS is necessary since the original CRC must be overlooked if the patch is to be applyied/compatible with many roms (to perform what is otherwise to be a hex or asm edit).

PPS
You also got a status of the Global Moderator to edit any ROM links and convert them into UPS patches. We are mostly done with the process.

Also the so called Single hack collection topic will probably be removed in the future, and you then upload all hacks in UPS patches onto the Central Hub, or the uploader, when/if SePH "instals" it to the site (similar to the uploader on the Snes-projects site).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 5 Mar 2014 - 13:55

Alright, thanks.

I now made an ups of the Rom:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/all-in_ups.zip

I think it is a great idea to make a real Domain where I can upload all hacks instead depositing them to bszelda.zeldalegends.net and give a Forum link Wink
I also remember the problems arose when trying to submit the hacks to romhacking.net, so a site that lets you post your hacks less complicated is very much appreciated :p
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 5 Mar 2014 - 14:43

Yes, basically, if any part of the forum is to become public, the first thing is a no rom policy, since this is the standard for every similar sites. And having the actual uploader, just for Alttp would also be great.

There is a forum for SMW hacks, SMW central, there is also for the Metroid, Metroid construction; but a forum for Alttp is still missing (an active/public one at least). Currently there are some inactive Z3 forums and this non-public one.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 5 Mar 2014 - 19:23

I had lots of discussion on this policity for bszelda - in the end I guess nobody cares about but to be on the safe side it's better to not provide roms (alttp can be found on on 1000+ Rom sites anyways).

I again have found a bug, now with the superlamp which wasn't shown correctly green or red (L1 or L2) in the y-box, and also fixed this at the fairy Pond.

Fixed hack:

Fixed all-in ups:
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 19 Mar 2014 - 8:33

A small issue I found through the new timer when using being in the menu. I noticed that the cycle to Switch is 2 minutes here (instead of one). I then noticed that this was due to an old vram Transfer (for Goldstar tiles) delaying the cpu to proceed. I wouldn't have noticed if I didn't use a watch to stop time.

I fixed this:

Fixed hack:

Fixed all-in ups:

I sent you also an update per mail yesterday to fix this issue in PU, SePH (fix_pu.zip).
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 29 Mar 2014 - 10:06

Again a small update to the all-in Rom as well as the complete items zips:

The soldier shadow gets messed up with a stripe due to a not clean vram Transfer:

Patch update - Page 4 All-in27

It's small, nevertheless disturbing.

Fixed hack:

Fixed all-in ips:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/all-in_ips.zip
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next