Pocky & Rocky (KiKi KaiKai: Nazo no Kuro Manto)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pocky & Rocky (KiKi KaiKai: Nazo no Kuro Manto) Empty Pocky & Rocky (KiKi KaiKai: Nazo no Kuro Manto)

MSU1 pack used in this video is by JustinBailey

Pocky and Rocky / Kiki Kaikai Nazo No Kuro Manto
Code by Cubear + Conn.

1.0 release:
Tested with a full playthough. Has SPC fallback. Works on unheadered USA rom, may work on others. 

1.1 release:
Added fadeouts.

1.2 release:
Cleaned up a multitude of issues.
  • Sound Test now plays MSU1 tracks
  • More fades implemented.
  • Fixed incorrect track numbering on stage 3
  • Fixed a doubled track start on stage 3's cutscene

1.21 release:
Fixed an error on stage 3 if playing as Rocky
1.22 release:
Fixed an error where the title screen song would not start in certain conditions.
1.22a release:
Japanese region rom patch added.

-  Patch  -

v1.22 (by Cubear)
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/HOQ0AJZY#Xki7ZsGkE1c5DYhY5qm32A3cZAWHMCAbU3eXeBXYl9A

-  PCM Packs  -

PCM set: Remixed music created by JustinBailey.
Code:
http://u.pc.cd/BCi

Pocky & Rocky Reshrined (by Relikk)
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/l7QlBZqb#bxhkm2rxVB-lxHSO9qHMV86wwHWGGFsBxI4aG-jp3_s

-  Track Map  -

Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1N74_S86eWbIgIVzuVa9KZrZknTjqPKq0kZ4_nbUd-jc

Last edited by Cubear on Thu 1 Dec 2022 - 12:27; edited 5 times in total
Cubear
Cubear

Pocky & Rocky (KiKi KaiKai: Nazo no Kuro Manto) Image211

Since : 2021-11-17

https://www.patreon.com/Cubear

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Pocky & Rocky (KiKi KaiKai: Nazo no Kuro Manto) :: Comments

JUD6MENT

Post Mon 20 Dec 2021 - 19:22 by JUD6MENT

Well done cubear and conn! Congrats

Back to top Go down

pentarou

Post Thu 23 Dec 2021 - 14:56 by pentarou

nice work, thanks all dudes for making this one come true!

Back to top Go down

Shadowrun

Post Mon 27 Dec 2021 - 9:26 by Shadowrun

Wow ...!! Nice! thanks !

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sat 7 May 2022 - 9:35 by Relikk

Is there a track map for this? I have the Reshrined soundtrack almost ready to go.

EDIT: I can see it mostly follows the sound test menu numbers, except for a few tracks. I'll wait for a definitive list. The tracks I have are all edited and just need to be renamed. I appear to be missing three tracks that don't seem to be in the Reshrined version, unfortunately. They are "The Cemetary Mystery", "Haunted House" and "Battle In The Sky".

Back to top Go down

Cubear

Post Sat 7 May 2022 - 17:55 by Cubear

I did make it line up with the sound test tracklist, with the exception of the map intro jingle, which I put into #16 slot as 14+16 in the sound test are the same track.

As far as a proper track map, the closest I ever made is included in the ASM file.. which basically tells you that yes: all the tracks are in the sound test ordering (with the #16 replacement to be the stage select song)

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sat 7 May 2022 - 18:45 by Relikk

I checked the ASM, but I found it to be confusing, to say the least. I'll work from the sound test and have it up sometime tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Cubear

Post Sat 7 May 2022 - 19:27 by Cubear

Haha yeah well I still didn't really have a strong idea of what I was doing when I made this patch. I'm glad to have stolen your google sheets method of track mapping.

it is a bit of a shame that the new game doesn't have remixes of all the tracks from the original..  but I guess there's nothing to be done. maybe this is just a cursed game that will never have a full audio pack

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sun 8 May 2022 - 5:47 by Relikk

Reshrined PCM's uploaded.

Also, here are the leftovers if you want to listen to them to see what might fit those three missing tracks as you'd know the game better than I would. Or maybe you can spot something in them that my ears are missing. They're playable in your browser.

https://mega.nz/folder/ZyATHQBQ#sxmg2yhtX78FEsAs9rF7YQ

Back to top Go down

Shadowrun

Post Sun 8 May 2022 - 6:41 by Shadowrun

well done Relikk !! Very Happy

Even if I LOVE the SNES version, I'm waiting for The remake on PS4 !!

Back to top Go down

Cubear

Post Sun 8 May 2022 - 15:18 by Cubear

I think the new game just diverges significantly enough from this original that there are simply not any matching tracks. if we're remapping the new OST onto the old levels, i like these as replacements

03 = k4_bgm_stage06_01_Aa_loop_Aa
04 = k4_bgm_stage04_01_Aa_loop_Aa
22 = k4_bgm_stage05_00_Aa_loop_Aa

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sun 8 May 2022 - 15:22 by Relikk

Alright. I'll get on those and re-up in a little while.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sun 8 May 2022 - 15:58 by Relikk

Done. Link updated in the OP.

Shadowrun wrote:well done Relikk !! Very Happy

Even if I LOVE the SNES version, I'm waiting for The remake on PS4 !!

Enjoy!

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 18 May 2022 - 13:59 by FBBTJ

Hello,
Thanks for the great work !
I can't get the music from the last Reshrined's set to work, while the previous one (Remixed music created by JustinBailey) works very well. Need to change anything else ?

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 18 May 2022 - 20:21 by Relikk

Did you rename the ROM and/or MSU file before adding the Reshrined PCM files? All the filename prefixes must match. In this case it's "par_msu".

Please attach a screenshot of your game folder if you're still having problems.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 19 May 2022 - 3:13 by FBBTJ

Relikk wrote:Did you rename the ROM and/or MSU file before adding the Reshrined PCM files? All the filename prefixes must match. In this case it's "par_msu".

Please attach a screenshot of your game folder if you're still having problems.

Thanks for your quick answer :-)
The filename match.
Here is a screenshot (it will be delete in 7 days) of the game folder with some CRC and version of my emulator.
My other SNES MSU1 roms work fine (even the Pocky & Rocky one with some music from JustinBailey).
Only this version seems to give me problems. I have the base music when I run it.
Thanks in advance ;-)
Screenshot : https://pic.infini.fr/jUA67kSz/eC1gkZXy.png

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Thu 19 May 2022 - 3:44 by Relikk

Everything looks okay on your end, but all I can say is that it works fine for me.

If the other set works, there's really no reason why these don't as they'd be the same spec.

Last edited by Relikk on Thu 11 Aug 2022 - 7:07; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 19 May 2022 - 4:11 by FBBTJ

Relikk wrote:Everything looks okay on your end, but all I can say is that it works fine for me.
Wow... strange bug on my side :
- I checked by renaming all the files to another name and putting them in another directory and it still didn't work.
- So I downloaded a new zip from RetroArch, unzipped it, installed bsnes and launched the game and it worked.
- Not understanding, I relaunched my usual RetroArch, as well as the game and it works (even with the original name and in the old location).

I don't understand anything  Pocky & Rocky (KiKi KaiKai: Nazo no Kuro Manto) 1f611

Sorry to have wasted your time. I really don't understand what happened to me to have this problem. However, I am used to play MSU1 roms and this is the first time I have encountered this kind of problem and I don't really understand why it disappeared and how launching another version of RetroArch would have solved the problem.
Really sorry.  Pocky & Rocky (KiKi KaiKai: Nazo no Kuro Manto) 1f614

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Thu 19 May 2022 - 4:22 by Relikk

No problem. Not your fault. Pocky & Rocky (KiKi KaiKai: Nazo no Kuro Manto) 1f609

Back to top Go down

JustinBailey

Post Thu 11 Aug 2022 - 7:05 by JustinBailey

Hi guys, just a heads up about my remixes of this wonderful game: I have now remixed 20 out of 24 tracks! I'm getting really close, woohoo! Sorry, it's taking a lot of time. I'll upload the tracks when I'm done, of course Pocky & Rocky (KiKi KaiKai: Nazo no Kuro Manto) 1f609

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 11 Aug 2022 - 8:16 by FBBTJ

Can't wait Razz (Conn)

Back to top Go down

Cubear

Post Fri 12 Aug 2022 - 0:13 by Cubear

yeah! count me excited! I'm just happy to hear that we're getting more of your nicely remixed tracks.

Back to top Go down

Cubear

Post Tue 20 Sep 2022 - 21:50 by Cubear

Updated the first post with a new patch to add fade outs like the original game code.

Last edited by Cubear on Sat 24 Sep 2022 - 12:53; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Cubear

Post Sat 24 Sep 2022 - 12:45 by Cubear

Updated first post with more bugfixes.

ADDITIONALLY: JustinBailey has completed his rearranged versions of the OST, so this is now a complete set with loops. Thanks for your hard work Smile

edit: snuck in another bug fix.

Back to top Go down

Cubear

Post Mon 10 Oct 2022 - 17:57 by Cubear

Updated the first post with a small bug fix.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next