Samurai Shodown / Samurai Spirits

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Samurai Shodown / Samurai Spirits - Page 2 Empty Re: Samurai Shodown / Samurai Spirits

Post by Cubear Tue 4 Jan 2022 - 13:30

Oh wait, I see what you’re saying. 3rd play is $14 and sixth play is $13 and they need to be transposed. It shouldn’t be that hard to rework my pseudo code to account for that though

If I'm correct, the game itself must be loading the wrong tracks for those cutscenes, so I'll try to patch the track selection code per-cutscene before doing anything too too complicated with my code. chances are it's solveable with a little patch to the game
Cubear
Cubear

Samurai Shodown / Samurai Spirits - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2021-11-17

https://www.patreon.com/Cubear

Back to top Go down

Samurai Shodown / Samurai Spirits - Page 2 Empty Re: Samurai Shodown / Samurai Spirits

Post by Conn Tue 4 Jan 2022 - 16:38

@cubear, just a minor thing (I also forget sometimes), but if you update the database with a new patch or pcm version, it would be great if you number to avoid confusion, and always notify in the comments if something changed (e.g., I added v1.01 to your latest patch version there (you could also add the date of update there). Numbering the pcm packs is also often forgotten...
This helps a lot to keep track, thanks Smile
Conn
Conn

Samurai Shodown / Samurai Spirits - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Tue 4 Jan 2022 - 18:08

Cubear wrote:If I'm correct, the game itself must be loading the wrong tracks for those cutscenes

The game itself is working as it should, and as per the stock ROM that's the way Takara coded it to work. My suggestion is to bring it more in line with the original Neo Geo version.

It's entirely up to you if want to keep the behaviour more stock and leave it as is, I won't argue with you as it's your hack. Samurai Shodown / Samurai Spirits - Page 2 1f609
Relikk
Relikk

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubear Tue 4 Jan 2022 - 21:21

Duly noted @Conn.

@Relikk i've already done the research needed to fix the hack the way that you'd like, it seems like a really simple thing to do so consider it done.

I'll update my patch and also update the post accordingly (properly this time) in the next half hour or so.
Cubear
Cubear

Since : 2021-11-17

https://www.patreon.com/Cubear

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Wed 5 Jan 2022 - 7:41

Seeing as this is released I'm going to lock it down, any bug reports etc. can be reported in the release.
Relikk
Relikk

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2