Final Fantasy V-MSU1-Kick Buttz Edition

Go down

Final Fantasy V-MSU1-Kick Buttz Edition Empty Final Fantasy V-MSU1-Kick Buttz Edition

Post by Polargames Fri 22 Jul 2022 - 0:09

Was just looking for new hacks for a different system, and this was a front page hack. I am not sure where to put this. If I place this in the wrong spot, I am sorry and feel free to put it in the correct area. Hack by Nintenja.

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/7008/
Polargames
Polargames

Final Fantasy V-MSU1-Kick Buttz Edition Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy V-MSU1-Kick Buttz Edition Empty Re: Final Fantasy V-MSU1-Kick Buttz Edition

Post by Cubear Fri 22 Jul 2022 - 0:19

looks like conn's patch merged into a wide array of QoL and feature hacks. still nice to have it done on that side of things so people don't ask for it to be merged here.
Cubear
Cubear

Final Fantasy V-MSU1-Kick Buttz Edition Image211

Since : 2021-11-17

https://www.patreon.com/Cubear

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy V-MSU1-Kick Buttz Edition Empty Re: Final Fantasy V-MSU1-Kick Buttz Edition

Post by Polargames Fri 22 Jul 2022 - 22:55

Cubear wrote:looks like conn's patch merged into a wide array of QoL and feature hacks. still nice to have it done on that side of things so people don't ask for it to be merged here.

True, so what should I do with it? I had thought maybe the rom hacking link could be added to the bottom of the patch area. With a statement saying no zeldix support comes with the use of said mod. That way people can go to RHDN and that should prevent people posting said link again informing us about said hack.
Polargames
Polargames

Final Fantasy V-MSU1-Kick Buttz Edition Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Nintenja Sun 18 Sep 2022 - 7:31

Im the creator of this hack..i am now on version 2.0 which is a fixed version that comes in two varieties.. the two patches are hosted on archive.org here https://archive.org/details/final-fantasy-v-pixel-freemaster-v2.0. And the romhacking.net forum page is here https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=35731.0
I have a ton of respect for all the excellent msu1 work that has been done and also all the awesome hackers in this community..i think maybe this when used with the pixel remaster msu1 pack is the best snes version of ffv. Smile

Nintenja
Cucumber
Cucumber

Since : 2022-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Nintenja Sun 18 Sep 2022 - 7:42

Nintenja
Cucumber
Cucumber

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 18 Sep 2022 - 17:27

I'm always happy when people can utilize the patches provided here themselves and do not ask me to make it compatible with this and that hack (had those requests too many times in the past... even today for mmx3 with zero, which I luckily already did some time ago). Not wanting to appear rude but at one point this kind of su... sometimes  Woot!! authors of other hacks could also make their patches compatible with the MSU hacks we provide and not always way round Wink
All my patches are copyright and credit free to use and I also always attach the source code.
Just a small rant off-topic... Nice job! If you like to have your work connected with zeldix, feel free to open a thread here:
https://www.zeldix.net/f99-merged-patches
If you think it fits there.
Conn
Conn

Final Fantasy V-MSU1-Kick Buttz Edition Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Nintenja Mon 19 Sep 2022 - 9:06

Thanks Conn for the reply..you are a legend and i appreciate the work you've done..and thanks for speaking how you feel on this subject..i agree to a degree people just wait or ask for others to do thingz for them when they could take a little initiative and figure it out if they really wanted to..than really have whatever they wanted instead of relying on others..seems this community at least in terms of hackers is pretty small.but extremely talented. have started making hacks about 6 months ago..but have been patching and messing around with games for over 10 yearz as a fan of classic gaming and have some background in computer stuff..ive recently had encouraging words from shadowone333..and also t92 was very happy with this ff5 hack..he is known for a ton of hacks including ffv tweaks..among others. So that was encouraging as im no expert and am newer on the scene.but i am a bit of a perfectionist...so im hoping to put together more ultimate versionz of gamez that maybe dont have a killer version yet.im currently tackling terranigma msu1 on the side..(gonna call it terranigma-freemastered..so far it looks like i might be done with that one..but i have to test it all the way through..im currently also testing out himsongs trial of mana hacks with msu1 on the official collection of mana rom..there are like 8 hacks wirh different options for this one so im aiming for two slightly different versions that are mostly bug free and completable start to finish..feedback on this ffv-pixel freemaster hack has been positive to the point some people have told me when using the pixel remaster ost with it that its their definitive edition..that honestly makes it all worth it hearing that considering i spent 6 months working to get it to this point.goal is to take all the best a game has to offer in terms of hacks created..than make one super patch anyone can apply where everything just works..just ease of use and easy entry for people to get into some of theze older classic gems that might be left behind otherwise...this of course really isnt possible for me to do without utilizing hacks from legends like you as a part of the work so im super appreciative for your being supportive of it.i feel like the msu1 is an absolute must for any snes projects..btw..i did credit you in the read me for the hack. Smile

Nintenja
Cucumber
Cucumber

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 19 Sep 2022 - 10:38

Lol, much thanks for your kind words Smile I wish I had some of your enthusiasm left. I'm still working hard on my retirement Razz much luck on all your projects!
Conn
Conn

Final Fantasy V-MSU1-Kick Buttz Edition Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Nintenja Thu 22 Sep 2022 - 7:41

Conn wrote:Lol, much thanks for your kind words Smile I wish I had some of your enthusiasm left. I'm still working hard on my retirement Razz much luck on all your projects!

Well you deserve it Conn. The Gaming community will miss you tho Smile Honestly I'm just gonna knock out a few projects and probably just create entertainment content possibly centered around games in the future. I'll add it to the merged hacks list as you recommended. Thank you

Nintenja
Cucumber
Cucumber

Back to top Go down