Super Bomb as a regular item and weapon!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Super Bomb as a regular item and weapon! - Page 2 Empty Re: Super Bomb as a regular item and weapon!

Post by Conn Sun 6 Oct 2013 - 20:31

Was tinkering a bit and think I got the damage radius centered... everybody is invited to try out whether the radius is ok now (damage_superbomb3.ips on native ALTTP, then press L-button.

http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/damagesuperbomb.zip

What I did was adjusting above code a bit. Problem was that when standing right or up, values are greater than 80. So I made a check for $80 and tested the radius to be ok by view (and adjusted it by adding further values if it wasn't).
Conn
Conn

Super Bomb as a regular item and weapon! - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Super Bomb as a regular item and weapon! - Page 2 Empty Re: Super Bomb as a regular item and weapon!

Post by Conn Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 6:12

current patch should also work on pu, but you should not fix it yet since it is in developmental stage. Once it is finished (menu marker, bomb decrease (2-5?), fairy pond upgrade, bug fixes), I guess we can port it to every version.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 15:08

So did you get this to actually work?
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Super Bomb as a regular item and weapon! - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 15:58

Yes, it actually works. Basically you can call uppon the Super bomb infinite times by pressing the L button, launch it with A, to come to the timer and the blast makes damage to enemies. Of course it is very difficult to hit them and the item is not yet selectable, but it works nevertheless.

If the timer can be somehow set to zero, the A button would become a detonator. Wink 
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Super Bomb as a regular item and weapon! - Page 2 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 17:00

Okay, so I just tried to test this out and this is what happened.

I downloaded the patches and use Lunar IPS to apply them.

I'm using a fresh copy of Zelda 3 from coolrom site.

I then loaded each one 1, 2, and 3 versions and used ZSNES and they all crashed on me before I could even get to the castle while walking outside in the rain.

And also I hate admit this, but I haven't been able to enjoy any of these ASM hacks or test them out simply because I don't know how.

I haven't even tried the gold star out yet, but I don't know how or what I need to do to get it to work. Somebody please just kind of help me out. I feel like I'm not with the rest of you.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 17:42

if you change the condition i put in my post up there

$09/A2F3 AD B4 04 LDA $04B4 [$09:04B4] ; in overworld, now has the timer reach 0?
$09/A2F6 D0 0E BNE $0E [$A306] ; if it has continue - explosion code.

^namely this - it'll explode on your demand (maybe hook it up to the A button pressed $F2 and/or a particular item is selected in $202).

as conn said the hack is pretty hacky at the moment, i think the invisible npc behind you during the beginning sequence may be crashing the game - i would grab a save file where you're at a later stage.
Euclid
Euclid

Since : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 18:11

$09/A2F3 AD B4 04 LDA $04B4 [$09:04B4] ; in overworld, now has the timer reach 0?
$09/A2F6 D0 0E BNE $0E [$A306] ; if it has continue - explosion code.

^namely this - it'll explode on your demand (maybe hook it up to the A button pressed $F2 and/or a particular item is selected in $202).

Nice. I will try this out.

Okay, so I just tried to test this out and this is what happened.

I downloaded the patches and use Lunar IPS to apply them.

I'm using a fresh copy of Zelda 3 from coolrom site.

I then loaded each one 1, 2, and 3 versions and used ZSNES and they all crashed on me before I could even get to the castle while walking outside in the rain.

And also I hate admit this, but I haven't been able to enjoy any of these ASM hacks or test them out simply because I don't know how.

I haven't even tried the gold star out yet, but I don't know how or what I need to do to get it to work. Somebody please just kind of help me out. I feel like I'm not with the rest of you.

You must be doing something wrong. I've applied v3 of current superbomb and the rom never crashed (I'm using snes9x, but that really doesn't matter, since any major bugs are emulated the same in all emus). Currently you can call the super bomb with L and detonate with A. There are some problems (logical) because of the thing being in developement, but I had no crashes.

Regarding the Morning star. Apply the ips of 24 item menu first and the gs_fb ips later. Then use Hyrule Magic and fill 2 chests with the Hookshot. The second hookshot will be the Morning star. Remove the header of the rom in all cases.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 8 Oct 2013 - 18:06

ok, guess I have enough information to forward the hack... Euclid, only thing I need to know is 1 byte free ram that goes to srm, I can write to (have super bomb or not). Any address you can suggest that isn't used in PU?

I'll try then:
- dungeons
- check 0202 (bombs equipped) and A button press by reduction of countdown
- 4 bombs go away
- fairy pond as upgrade place
- L marker in menu

*gosh... Erock I made this goldstar hack for you to end your sleepless nights Wink
... and you did not yet try it (facepalms)?
Puzz has made a prepatched rom (dunno however whether the latest hacks (worn out-glove, 9999 rupees are applied yet). But the goldstar is ready to test:
http://dl.dropbox.com/s/30jats5grzbnha5/24-items%20Menu%20ALL%20Update5.zip
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Wed 9 Oct 2013 - 8:29

Just pick the addresses before 7EF340 - (except 3F, that's being used in PU) - it's not like overworld data will ever need to be saved for 0x82 to 0x9F
Euclid
Euclid

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 9 Oct 2013 - 17:08

great, thanks a lot Smile
I mapped it to 7e/f33e now. Do you know why the superbomb can't be armed in PU? I tried with your code to have it with L button but I think it didn't work...

Edit:

Here's a version with all implemented:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/superbomb.zip

load the rom with the srm, go to the fairy and throw the bomb in... the super bomb will cost 4 bombs, and will only work if you have the normal bombs equipped.
Implemented are fairy upgrade, marker, bomb always where Link stands, counter decrease... and much more.

The dungeons are in my opinion not possible. I think there's a lot of asm missing - like conveyer belts and so on. It is impossible to hack this, so I'd suggest making it overworld only and let the fairy say: works only below free sky or something.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 10 Oct 2013 - 8:51

I've tested this and it works fine. Throwing a bomb in the pond makes the upgrade. 4 bombs are reduced uppon use of the super bomb and the timer is on 1. It seems that only the middle blast will make damage to enemies. It is still quite difficult to hit enemies (this is so with all bombs).

It would be nice to know how Alttp is programed with that entrance, which is only bombable with super bomb, to be able to redo it somewhere else. This seems the main reason for this bomb (you can not pass without it).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 10 Oct 2013 - 9:14

Great ;)with middle blast you mean the complete radius of super bomb, not only the small blast a normal bomb has? You can test the distance more easily by icing enemies with ether or icerod.

I'll port it to native ALTTP and will update the single hacks then.
As for PU I need to wait what Euclid says what is missing there to equip it.

You should ask MoN how to set up more entrances bombable with super bomb only.

Edit:
Just posted the patch in the single hacks collection. Redownload the 4digit rupee patch and you find the superbomb as optional hack inside.
It requires both the morning star and the magic meter upgrade preapplied to work!
(hooks same address in Y-box as morning star, hooks same address at fairy as magic meter upgrade).
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 10 Oct 2013 - 16:06

Sorry, just checked PU again and the super bomb works... I'll finish it up, SePH
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Thu 10 Oct 2013 - 21:14

This is awesome!

Its a shame that the super bomb can't work inside dungeons though Sad but if its not possible then there is nothing we can do.

I've been thinking of a message that the FAT ASS fairy could tell you an order to let the player know that they can't use the super bomb in dungeons. Something like this:

"The super bomb is too powerful to be used inside dungeons. If you used one, you would blow the whole dungeon up!"

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 6:54

I always give a screenshot with an example text at the single hacks collection:
http://zeldix.forumotion.com/t129-zelda-3-single-hacks-collection

I'd suggest "The Super Bomb! Equip your bombs and press L-button. It can only ignit below free sky".
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 9:38

that's awesome, i go away for a week and you've found and done the work i was going to look and do - i should retire now =P

as for the dungeon thing - i know it definitely works since you buy it in a dungeon room, i have a slight feeling nintendo disabled it because the countdown timer overlapped the 1F indicator (but WE don't care!) - i might have a look at it over the weekend.

Though i should really be less lazy and get the PU asm hacks done lol.
Euclid
Euclid

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 21:32

Followers are possible in dungeons (Zelda e.g.). There are several checks for $1b - I tried by disabling all and I was able to arm the superbomb in dungeons, also bringing it to blink but it didn't detonate. Then I remembered all the bugs this usually brings with (conveyer belts, stairs, etc.) which may miss the asm, so I gave up on this (and added a small code that prevents arming it with making the not possible sound). But maybe you can find out what the issue is.
Btw: do you have a clue how to add more of those superbomb-able walls? Puzzle had this request since this is the main reason for a superbomb and some more areas could be locked.

If you need a rom with srm with the latest superbomb preapplied:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/all-in.zip
I had to hook regions I already had hacked (Y-box bomb with markers requires goldstar, fairy requires l3 magic meter hack). If you have success with anything you could post the ips and I compare the changes and can port it to PU then.

*lol, please don't retire! I was almost the only one hacking bszelda (except you of course) and it is awful being the only one fulfilling all asm requests Wink
And I know how it feels, SePH... 10 years bszelda are also way too long time :p

Last edited by Conn on Sat 12 Oct 2013 - 4:45; edited 3 times in total
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 22:12

SePH wrote:Could it be disabled in dungeon simply because it's a follower sprite? I mean all the follower sprites all say the same message: "You can't enter with something following you"... I'm wondering if you make that super bomb dungeon-able will all the other follower sprites be able to follow you in dungeons aswell?

I'll probably start inserting my item descriptions during my coming weekend and since I'm lazy aswell myself, I'll probably use all the item descriptions you've made Conn! I'll also send you my three endings and specifications as well as I've already decided all 16 backgrounds I'm going to use! All I need is to think more about what I'm going to write in them (I have already a good idea!)

Next year Euclid... next year we'll retire! Until then we got some more work to do... BUT for LESS then a year! Hurray! You still have six to eight more months to finish all your assignments, so no worries lol Smile

Also I'm not rushing anyone beside myself!! That June 2014 release date I have in mind is more like a psychological thing then anything else. For me, ten years of hacking the same game is more then enough and that's going to make eleven years in 2014 Sob
Don't think you can quit on us. Heheheh

I'm sure your expert overworld knowledge will be useful to everyone here continuing their projects.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 26 Oct 2013 - 21:25

Regarding the superbomb-able walls:

it is screen specific, it is a normal bombable wall as you can set in HM. The rest must be done via asm:

We are bombing a wall with index 86-bombable:
Code:

$1B/C90D C9 5B 00    CMP #$005B              ; check room if 5b-superbomb pyramid
$1B/C910 D0 0C      BNE $0C    [$C91E]      ; if not screen with normal bombable walls, branch to 1b/c91e and open the entrance
$1B/C912 AF CC F3 7E LDA $7EF3CC[$7E:F3CC]  ; you are here if it is screen 5b
$1B/C916 29 FF 00    AND #$00FF             
$1B/C919 C9 0D 00    CMP #$000D              ; check if superbomb explosion
$1B/C91C D0 15      BNE $15    [$C933]      ; if not do not open wall
$1B/C933 20 43 C9    JSR $C943  [$1B:C943] 
So we can make a small asm to add more screens; simply by making a jump at
$1B/C90D C9 5B 00 CMP #$005B
to unused space and compare more screens and jump back to
$1b/C91E if normal bombable wall or
$1B/C912 super-bombable wall.

I can do such an asm in 3 minutes if requested Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sat 26 Oct 2013 - 22:10

Conn you are the MAN!
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 27 Oct 2013 - 7:40

ok, here's the asm. Tested in screen 37 and worked

Code:

; This asm is for making more walls superbomb-able only
; WRITTEN: by Conn
; THANKS TO: -MathOnNapkins' Zelda Doc's

; You can only make screens normal-bombable / superbombable
; this asm can add screens where super-bombs are required to open the wall
; make a normal bombable wall (item 86-bombable) and adjust the screen whether a superbomb is required
; the asm contains 3 screens (two are disabled by ";" semicolons, if you need more
; simply copy/paste the cmp #$screen/bne/jmp routine for as many screens as you need  

;header
lorom

ORG $1bc90d      ; go to the code that handles hammer-destroyable objects
JMP $b790        ; insert a jump to unused space

org $1bb790      ; go to unused space
cmp #$005b       ; check screen1 - pyramid of power (screen 005b)
bne $03          ; if it is run superbomb check; else check screen 2
jmp $c912        

;cmp #$0037       ; check screen2 - remove semicolons and give another screen
;bne $03          ; if it is run superbomb check; else check screen 3
;jmp $c912        

;cmp #$005b       ; check screen3 - remove semicolons and give another screen
;bne $03          ; if it is run superbomb check; else jump to normal bomb routine
;jmp $c912      

jmp $c91e         ; normal bomb routine
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2