NOA is toxic!!!!!!!

Go down

NOA is toxic!!!!!!! Empty NOA is toxic!!!!!!!

Post by Polargames Wed 17 Aug 2022 - 3:44

Hey, I just found this story about Nintendo of America treatment of workers. This is a very sad and disturbing read. Due to the nature of the former employee's stories, it's NSFW. Again, it's the nature of the matter.

https://kotaku.com/nintendo-of-america-sexual-harassment-sexism-aerotek-1849414921
Polargames
Polargames

NOA is toxic!!!!!!! Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

NOA is toxic!!!!!!! Empty Re: NOA is toxic!!!!!!!

Post by JUD6MENT Thu 18 Aug 2022 - 11:16

I bet Nintendo of Japan is just as bad, and every big corporation to be honest. It is indeed horrible, but these things are honestly happening in every big business work place. I do think things are getting better though for this very reason, companies can no longer sweep on going problems under the rug since they get blown up on the internet now. Kind of messed up that it takes internet mobs to force companies to act half decent, but at least i do think things will get better because of it. I also think Nintendo isn't massively corrupted compared to other businesses like blizzard, so i do think they will figure things out. Hopefully
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

NOA is toxic!!!!!!! Image212

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra Fri 19 Aug 2022 - 0:53

JUD6MENT wrote:I bet Nintendo of Japan is just as bad, and every big corporation to be honest. It is indeed horrible, but these things are honestly happening in every big business work place. I do think things are getting better though for this very reason, companies can no longer sweep on going problems under the rug since they get blown up on the internet now. Kind of messed up that it takes internet mobs to force companies to act half decent, but at least i do think things will get better because of it. I also think Nintendo isn't massively corrupted compared to other businesses like blizzard, so i do think they will figure things out. Hopefully

Exactly this, and then again.. i wonder how many scandals remained and still do remain under the rug, if it weren't for the "internet mobs" to uncover them and make then public.
sinistra
sinistra
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2018-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Fri 19 Aug 2022 - 2:06

It is really bad when the highest level of management is the problem, like activision blizzard. Though i havent seen evidence of this being the case for nintendo presidents, which i do hope is the case as that means things can get better. However, a sad truth of the work place is that it is verbally told to employees "we have an open door policy" but secretly they want people to never bring something to them. HR departments often dont want to inform their boss that things are going wrong as it looks better for them if they can make an illusion that they solve all problems in perfect harmony. I wouldnt be surprised if Reggie and Doug Bowser were never informed of issues going on (i could be wrong though) but luckily if your immediate boss wont send a message of discrimination up the leadership ranks, the internet will send that message for them. I wouldnt be surprised if Doug Bowser fixes this problem, he has already created high management openings for women only to diverse the leadership. It is an optimistic outlook, but a find this article hopeful despite the horrible stories i wish didnt happen.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Mon 22 Aug 2022 - 1:55

While I understand this will never go away, sadly, I was surprised that Nintendo has this problem to begin with. I would of thought they would keep there image as squeaky clean as possible. Nintendo is a family friendly brand after all, It just surprised me and made me sick.

I really think that NOA needs to do some major house cleaning and restoration of staff ASAP!!! Just my two cents
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Wed 24 Aug 2022 - 2:50

You are not wrong, I hate the idea of Nintendo miss treating employees too. I am also a huge Overwatch fan and it really bothers me just how horrible the Blizzard staff are. I am glad they got bought out, because they need an entire change of management and ownership as you can not fix something when the president is biggest part of the problem. I do hope these problems in every company get solved one by one, I am with you Polar
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Wed 24 Aug 2022 - 22:20

JUD6MENT wrote:You are not wrong, I hate the idea of Nintendo miss treating employees too. I am also a huge Overwatch fan and it really bothers me just how horrible the Blizzard staff are. I am glad they got bought out, because they need an entire change of management and ownership as you can not fix something when the president is biggest part of the problem. I do hope these problems in every company get solved one by one, I am with you Polar

I hope that I didn't come off to strong towards you at all. I did not meant to at all. I was just upset at the situation as a whole. It's just sickening that something like that goes on at Nintendo. I agreed with you also Jud6ment. 100% all the way. 😊
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum