The Legend of Iced Hyrule (Renewed)

Go down

The Legend of Iced Hyrule (Renewed) Empty The Legend of Iced Hyrule (Renewed)

Patch download v2.4:
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/S1MCUD6S#m_NsfdWvyQh9pYU6iQ_eMAXmlyPlvtnltvG5mmQYz3Q
The patch needs to be applied to a US rom with no header. You need a BPS patcher.

ROM information:
Code:
Name: Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past (U) [!]
Size: 1,048,576 bytes
Checksum: CRC32 777AAC2F

The Legend of Iced Hyrule is the oldest known hack of A Link to the Past in existence, but it is also one of the most broken. Initially released in 2001 or 2002 by richyawyingtmv, it features an ice-themed Light World, a purple-colored Dark World, and was also supposed to include new music and new dungeons. However, only two dungeons were fully completed, and both dungeons had bugs. The overworld designs were nonsensical. The in-game soundtrack was also corrupt.
https://www.zeldix.net/t409-the-legend-of-iced-hyrule

I unfortunately could not remake Iced Hyrule using the original patch provided online because it was so far beyond repair. My only option was to remake Iced Hyrule from scratch, using a clean US rom with no header. Unlike the original Iced Hyrule, the vanilla overworlds in this remake were left intact; however, the Dark World has new snow palettes, and the Misery Mire rain was changed to snow. The game also features new dungeons, Parallel Worlds caves, MSU-1 support, and various bugfixes and quality of life improvements. A few things were unfortunately left out of the final release. For example, I couldn’t get the snow overlay ASM to work on every Dark World screen, and I couldn’t edit the title screen. Also, note that the Dark World dungeon maps are messed up (the Compass does not correctly display the exact location of the dungeon’s boss on the map, an unfortunate side effect of editing the maps with ZScream).

Last edited by Darklink7884 on Fri 18 Aug 2023 - 1:56; edited 11 times in total
Darklink7884

The Legend of Iced Hyrule (Renewed) Image213

Since : 2016-04-01

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

The Legend of Iced Hyrule (Renewed) :: Comments

sinistra

Post Sat 10 Dec 2022 - 7:09 by sinistra

Nice work!, thanks for the effort an will definitely enjoy this one as i have never played or seen it before.

Spin

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post Wed 11 Jan 2023 - 10:19 by sinistra

Thanks for sharing, i really enjoyed playing this version..
Nice subtle changes, sometimes had me going.. hmm well.. this is different... now what. . Very Happy

But i liked it.!

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 11 Feb 2023 - 1:13 by Hylian_Lord

Playing This Rom Hack Was Rather Well Put Together I Really Liked The Winter Dark World Icy Look On The Overworld

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 25 Jul 2023 - 0:00 by gothic251

Hi there! I love this romhack, it's very well done, thank you for your efforts!
However, I found a softlock on the first level in the dark world (Hammer level).

If you use every small key on every door you possibly can WITHOUT opening the door to the big key, you will have no way to continue. This can be fixed by removing the need for a small key for the south door in the room to the right of the breakaway bridge, as there's nothing in the room it unlocks (outside of a chest with... I forget, something insignificant, and a bombable floor that bizarrely goes nowhere even though it makes the 'opening' jingle).

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 14 Aug 2023 - 0:38 by Darklink7884

gothic251 wrote:Hi there! I love this romhack, it's very well done, thank you for your efforts!
However, I found a softlock on the first level in the dark world (Hammer level).

If you use every small key on every door you possibly can WITHOUT opening the door to the big key, you will have no way to continue. This can be fixed by removing the need for a small key for the south door in the room to the right of the breakaway bridge, as there's nothing in the room it unlocks (outside of a chest with... I forget, something insignificant, and a bombable floor that bizarrely goes nowhere even though it makes the 'opening' jingle).

A new patch has been released to fix said softlock. Instead of removing a key door like you suggested, I left EVERY key door and shutter in the Dark Palace intact (as is). However, I moved the Compass to the dark room to the left of the collapsing bridge (this one is full of Kodongos and leads to the Big Key), and I placed a small key in the room to the right of the collapsing bridge.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Darklink7884 on Mon 14 Aug 2023 - 0:48; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down