Zelda - Interconnected Strongholds

Go down

Zelda - Interconnected Strongholds Empty Zelda - Interconnected Strongholds

Patch Download v1.00:
Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tpIWMchD1F3Y9fZNeX9tyiKbvZHeRIf6/view?usp=sharing

More Information About the Hack:
Code:
Description: A Zelda 3 hack started on 2/1/2023 and finished on 4/10/2023 while on an 30 hour timer. This hack has a small overworld, but it is filled to the brim with every item in the game along with 9 dungeons in total. Every single cave and house is redesigned, and there are a bunch of graphic edits and palette changes. As with 18 Hours Past, there's kind of a story set in place but it's not the main focus of the game. There are some custom events though that relate to the story, so I at least tried to put more of a story in. This game is also pretty bugless at this point, so unless if something game breaking is found, this will probably be the final patch.

Story: The story takes place in Castle Town, which is where Link has been living ever since he was born. One day, he entered the Castle Town Tower with his father,  and his father told him about the Tower and how it holds a mysterious treasure inside of it. As Link started to grow up, he became more and more curious about the Tower's Treasure. Soon enough, he finally decides to explore the Tower for the first time, and all the while an unknown evil has entered the Tower for the Treasure...

Items for 100% Completion: 20 Hearts, L3 Sword, L2 Shield, L2 Tunic, 1/2 Magic, Silver Bow, Boomerang, Bombs, Magic Powder, Fire Rod, Ice Rod, Bombos, Ether, Quake, Lamp, Magic Hammer, Shovel, Bug Catching Net, Book of Mudora, 4 Magic Bottles, Cane of Somaria, Cane of Byrna, Magic Cape, Magic Mirror, Pegasus Boots, L1 Gloves, Zora's Flippers, Moon Pearl, and the Triforce.

Letterbomb's Z3 Romhacks Discord - https://discord.gg/gxMGhWes5t

The patch needs to be applied on ALttP (US), with no header. You need a bps patcher to patch the rom.
Letterbomb
Letterbomb

Zelda - Interconnected Strongholds Image211

Since : 2020-03-01

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Zelda - Interconnected Strongholds :: Comments

sinistra

Post Sun 14 May 2023 - 2:37 by sinistra

This one is fun to play, nicely setup, but at the same time can be very difficult to not so experienced player to play, because it almost has that Kaizo hack feel to it, specially in the lava dungeons with moving spike blocks Confused , falling floors with switches Mad  where timing is critical, and some random bosses that pop-up unexpectedly that almost give you that extra scare-jump effect with only 4-5 hearts. Disgust Disgust

Letterbomb, thanks for this hack, i enjoy it and congrats with the concept, but could it's a little bit too difficult, it's could use some nerving here and there.

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post Sun 14 May 2023 - 2:43 by sinistra

On this specific part i got soft-locked between the blocks twice in a row.

Zelda - Interconnected Strongholds Spoile10

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Letterbomb

Post Sun 14 May 2023 - 14:00 by Letterbomb

sinistra wrote:This one is fun to play, nicely setup, but at the same time can be very difficult to not so experienced player to play, because it almost has that Kaizo hack feel to it, specially in the lava dungeons with moving spike blocks Confused , falling floors with switches Mad  where timing is critical, and some random bosses that pop-up unexpectedly that almost give you that extra scare-jump effect with only 4-5 hearts. Disgust Disgust

Letterbomb, thanks for this hack, i enjoy it and congrats with the concept, but could it's a little bit too difficult, it's could use some nerving here and there.

Yeah to be fair this hack is way less balanced than I would have liked it to be, but then again there are ways to make the hack way easier. For example, you could get every item from the dungeon and just explore the overworld for hearts/bottles before ever actually going into a dungeon lol.

Also the bosses should never be unexpected since I placed the boss doors before every boss lol

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post Mon 15 May 2023 - 10:53 by sinistra

Letterbomb wrote:
sinistra wrote:This one is fun to play, nicely setup, but at the same time can be very difficult to not so experienced player to play, because it almost has that Kaizo hack feel to it, specially in the lava dungeons with moving spike blocks Confused , falling floors with switches Mad  where timing is critical, and some random bosses that pop-up unexpectedly that almost give you that extra scare-jump effect with only 4-5 hearts. Disgust Disgust

Yeah to be fair this hack is way less balanced than I would have liked it to be, but then again there are ways to make the hack way easier. For example, you could get every item from the dungeon and just explore the overworld for hearts/bottles before ever actually going into a dungeon lol.

Also the bosses should never be unexpected since I placed the boss doors before every boss lol

Not sure then, i thought i ran into a boss where i didn't expect it, could be wrong.
I would have to run the game again just to see.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 19 May 2023 - 13:28 by Pamfafoofle

I was very pleased with this hack. While naturally not as meaty as some of the "full" hacks out there, this was a very impressive product to be delivered on a 30 hour work timer. I appreciated that you managed to jam virtually all the items and hearts into this work in that limited time. It contains a couple of surprises--I didn't know it was possible to program the rainy overworld to occur where it does in this game! I also liked some of the graphical edits--especially the lumberjacks' cat. Smile I've played through this hack twice in the past week, and expect I will return again in the future when I'm feeling like playing a more lite hack.

For anyone who's played A Link Between Worlds, this hack feels like a fun homage to that game in several ways:
-Each of the 8 main dungeons is focused on one specific item; only that item is strictly necessary, and all puzzles in that dungeon focus on utilizing that one item. Most of the puzzles are fairly simple, but there were still a couple of creative puzzles that I hadn't seen before in any other LttP hack.
-Because of these single-item dungeons, you can play through the dungeons in any order, providing good replay value to figure out the "best" order. (There is significant difficulty variation between some of the dungeons, so this definitely matters!) I had fun thinking through this on my second playthrough.
-Similar to LBW, one technically possible strategy is to collect nearly every item in the game before attempting any of the dungeons. (I didn't do this myself, but it would be an interesting, completely alternative approach to the game.)

I do have one question. You mention in the 100% completion list that there is a "Tunic L2." Now, I never found a tunic upgrade anywhere in the game. However, the tunic I start the game with is blue. I wasn't sure if this blue tunic counted as the "L2", or if I somehow missed a treasure on both playthroughs.

I take it that this hack was made using the newer ZScream editor. If that editor is able to reliably turn out a bug-free, uncorrupted product like this on a timer, it's good advertisement that I need to consider revisiting my old dream of one day creating my own LttP hack--something I decided long ago was completely unrealistic using Hyrule Magic.

Back to top Go down

Letterbomb

Post Fri 19 May 2023 - 15:26 by Letterbomb

Pamfafoofle wrote:I do have one question. You mention in the 100% completion list that there is a "Tunic L2." Now, I never found a tunic upgrade anywhere in the game. However, the tunic I start the game with is blue. I wasn't sure if this blue tunic counted as the "L2", or if I somehow missed a treasure on both playthroughs.

I take it that this hack was made using the newer ZScream editor. If that editor is able to reliably turn out a bug-free, uncorrupted product like this on a timer, it's good advertisement that I need to consider revisiting my old dream of one day creating my own LttP hack--something I decided long ago was completely unrealistic using Hyrule Magic.

Oh yeah the L2 Tunic is an item you get (SPOILER):
Spoiler:
And indeed, this hack was made with ZScream which is a lot easier to edit Zelda 3 with. Very Happy

Glad that you enjoyed the hack Smile

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 20 May 2023 - 2:02 by Pamfafoofle

Letterbomb wrote:
Pamfafoofle wrote:I do have one question. You mention in the 100% completion list that there is a "Tunic L2." Now, I never found a tunic upgrade anywhere in the game. However, the tunic I start the game with is blue. I wasn't sure if this blue tunic counted as the "L2", or if I somehow missed a treasure on both playthroughs.

Oh yeah the L2 Tunic is an item you get (SPOILER):
Spoiler:

I'm glad I asked! Considering the unique way that item was hidden, I'm sure it would never have occurred to me on my own to look for it there, at that particular stage of the game! Thanks for that extra bonus and hidden surprise!

Back to top Go down