Shinobi III: Return Of The Ninja Master (MD+)

Go down

Shinobi III: Return Of The Ninja Master (MD+) Empty Shinobi III: Return Of The Ninja Master (MD+)

-  MD+ Patch  -

Use MD+ for MegaSD, Mega Everdrive Pro & Genesis Plus GX
Use MSU-MD for MiSTer & X Series Everdrive w/ physical Sega CD unit

MD+ Patch (by infinest):
Code:
https://github.com/Infinest/Shinobi-III-MD-Plus/releases/latest

-  MD+ Audio Pack  -

MD+ CapricornX Rearranged (edited by Relikk):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/42YDRI5T#n5Q5AmSUWlyXeFjq103Z1N-q4xmT7YU8d2Fdg8cBDMs
Video Game Music Renditions by CapricornX YouTube Channel
Relikk
Relikk

Shinobi III: Return Of The Ninja Master (MD+) Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Shinobi III: Return Of The Ninja Master (MD+) :: Comments

Post Sun 25 Feb 2024 - 11:06 by P_Sigma

Thanks Infinest and Relikk again for making a MD+ version to one of the most iconic games of the system!

I've tried to merge the MD+ patch with the "Shinobi III Enhancement Hack" (available to romhacking.net). Unfortunately, I get a red screen in Retroarch. Usually, the red screen is a sign that there is a CheckSum error. Fixing it with an utility, doesn't remove the red screen though. So, I guess these two patches aren't compatible?

PS Are there any RPG titles to your upcoming MD+ releases?

Back to top Go down

infinest

Post Mon 26 Feb 2024 - 17:15 by infinest

Glad you like it!

The most likely reason for the incompatibility is that both patches occupy the same space in ROM.
I will check if it's possible to make the two patches combatible with each other later this week.
Depending on how much actual code the other patch modifies this may or may not come to fruition though so no promises yet.

And no, there aren't any RPGs i plan on making a patch for at this point.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 29 Feb 2024 - 0:07 by jerrymh

Wow, I can't believe the patch came out so quickly.
Thanks infinest, Relikk and CapricornX for the wonderful work.

Back to top Go down

infinest

Post Sat 2 Mar 2024 - 22:30 by infinest

P_Sigma wrote:Thanks Infinest and Relikk again for making a MD+ version to one of the most iconic games of the system!

I've tried to merge the MD+ patch with the "Shinobi III Enhancement Hack" (available to romhacking.net). Unfortunately, I get a red screen in Retroarch. Usually, the red screen is a sign that there is a CheckSum error. Fixing it with an utility, doesn't remove the red screen though. So, I guess these two patches aren't compatible?

PS Are there any RPG titles to your upcoming MD+ releases?

I have taken a look. There was a conflict because they used some of the same free space i used. That was easy to fix since i extended the ROM to 2Mb anyways and i could just move my code a bit. The issue with the red screen wasn't caused by that though.

Apparently the creator of the "Shinobi III Enhancement Hack" added some code to check for modifications to his rom hack or something which would put the CPU in an endless loop if it failes. I went ahead and disabled the check and it does seem to boot now.

I went ahead and marked the new version as pre-release since i haven't tested it a whole lot.
Please do give me feedback on how it's working for you. Simply apply the enhancement hack first and then "patch_enhanced.ips" afterwards. You should not have to manually fix the checksum.
https://github.com/Infinest/Shinobi-III-MD-Plus/releases/tag/1.3

Back to top Go down