The All-in patch

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The All-in patch - Page 2 Empty The All-in patch

With all the hacks we have implemented in the past, I thought it would be a great help to offer a ips officially where most stuff is already applied. This hack will be updated with new innovations.
You can use it as a base to tinker with HM (only small adjustments were made in Link's house, a water tile modified to demonstrate icerod freeze and a superbombable wall placed (see attached word file).

Download (IPS PATCH)
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/all-in_ips.zip

I added a word document with the hacks.

Preapplied are (with gfx):
- 24 items menu by Euclid
- destroy pots with L2-L4 swords
- freeze water with icerod and waterblocks
- unlimited block move with titan mitts
- direction change when running with Pegasus Boots
- shovel in empty gap in 24 items menu
- dig random treasures (default -0e/fd86:d9 d9 dc df: 1rupee, 1ruppee, 1bomb, small magic)
- Kholdstare Melting Shell Restoration by MoN
- goldstar, forceboomerang, worn-out glove, nimbus, 4 digit rupee, second magic meter, suberbomb, fairy flippers
- feather with no bombjump
- goldpotion
- hand combat
- warp away palace guards with book mudora
- final screen
- L4 shield
- Slingshot
- Fairy Flippers useable on Overworld
- Superbomb useable in Dungeons
- Turbo (spin2 from small fairy) and Hurricane Spin (spin3 from witch)
- Superlamp to burn enemies with lantern
- fairyflipper fix when dying underwater
- fairyflipper fix when diving on overworld and Magic cape equipped
- stun soldiers and other enemies with net
- cancel flute transport with A and B when on the map
- added playtime Counter
- added msu enable hack
- monologues can be skipped by pressing the R-button
- end screen
- The flute will make invisible platforms visible in dungeons similar to lightening a torch (or using ether). But this costs magic!
 - update The L2 flute (bird enabled) has a different color and monolgue (if you get it out of a chest).
- update Also this code turns your rom into fastrom (initial code by wiiqwertyuiop) to prevent slowdowns
- update added bunny hood asm to increase speed with a certain item

Not part:
- single codes (check end of attached word file)
- specific asms (super-bombable walls, srm startup modifier)
- Transfer sprites
- Can not move when holding sword
- Play custom music
- Lens of Truth
- locations of Heart Containers to dig up

Last edited by Conn on Wed 30 Sep 2015 - 19:09; edited 10 times in total
Conn
Conn

The All-in patch - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

The All-in patch :: Comments

Post Tue 18 Dec 2018 - 2:35 by WishingStar069

Does anybody know of a tutorial on how to make these game patches? It'd be pretty neat to learn how to do this myself

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 18 Dec 2018 - 5:54 by Conn

Yes I'll give it a try, thanks for the help. I'm gonna use the virtual console and see if restoring the previous save will work. If it still does it I'll try it again on the emulator, if it does work I'll let ya know lickidy split.
Sounds great Smile my fixed is based on the assumption that 04ab is written to somehow, but I spent 3 hours yesterday to find out how this could happen. But if you play on emu and cheat with e.g., 7e04ab-01, you have the effect you describe. So this is my "good guess".

Does anybody know of a tutorial on how to make these game patches? It'd be pretty neat to learn how to do this myself
This is highly logical, mathematical and for most people boring to look into trace logs why the game crashes. I once made this tutorial:
https://www.zeldix.net/t134-coding-for-absolute-beginners

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Tue 18 Dec 2018 - 13:23 by Puzzledude

I see your argument but I've already used this code, and when you do it just warps you back to the other world
Yes, and if you do it on the correct spot on the light world, you will end up in the area of the dark world where you should not be and can walk out of the screen which is on the edge of the map (and thus make a infinite scroll bug).

However the authors made sure this can not happen if warping from dark to light world. Thus from light to dark was limited to the warps only.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 16 Sep 2020 - 18:12 by Conn

All-in patch has been updated with the new feather jump animation:
https://www.zeldix.net/t2173-roc-feather-upgrade

Back to top Go down

ShadowOne333

Post Thu 24 Feb 2022 - 12:49 by ShadowOne333

I have a couple questions regarding this patch:

1) Does this patch have all of the perks of ALttP DX applied unto it? Since I noticed some points in this one also are mentioned in DX, but some like the Death Counter change and the Mothula, Glove, Shield, flickering, Cane and Cape fixes not mentioned in the All-In patch.

2) If one applies this over a vanilla ALttP ROM, would that make the new items unobtainable in a regular playthrough? Same for the other upgrades like x3 magic, spin upgrades, L4 shield, etc.

3) Are the bugs mentioned in this post fixed for the 24 items with the shovel inclusion?:
https://www.zeldix.net/t387p25-24-item-menu-and-additional-hacks-like-shovel-time-counter-for-this-menu#40801

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 25 Feb 2022 - 6:11 by Conn

1) Does this patch have all of the perks of ALttP DX applied unto it? Since I noticed some points in this one also are mentioned in DX, but some like the Death Counter change and the Mothula, Glove, Shield, flickering, Cane and Cape fixes not mentioned in the All-In patch.
It's a at least 5 years old patch, I think I merged those things into it (you gotta need to test).

2) If one applies this over a vanilla ALttP ROM, would that make the new items unobtainable in a regular playthrough? Same for the other upgrades like x3 magic, spin upgrades, L4 shield, etc.
No. You need to follow the instructions in the readme. You need to edit new chests via HM, and e.g. give the hookshot twice, the second will be the morning star. It's a template to develop a hack upon. I attached a srm to the patch so you can try the new items out though

* After the Ocarina boy gives you the shovel, if you talk to him again, the text related to him giving you the shovel, as well as text from Link about receiving the shovel repeat, ending in getting the Shovel multiple times.
Thanks for reporting. I fixed this both in the pw_shovel and the all-in patch (download new versions from first post, ips date 25th February 2022 - if not clear browser history (Firefox bug)

* Obtaining the Golden Bee in the ice cavern (where you get the Ice Rod iirc?) with a statue you can hit to make it appear, makes it default to a regular bee when released.
I tried to reproduce a couple of time, both the shovel patch and the all-in.
Getting the golden bee and release it, re-catch, release... it is always the golden bee. Can you give more detailed instructions to reproduce?

Back to top Go down

ShadowOne333

Post Fri 25 Feb 2022 - 12:02 by ShadowOne333

Conn wrote:It's a at least 5 years old patch, I think I merged those things into it (you gotta need to test).
I'll check those other points out and see if they are included, thanks!

Conn wrote:No. You need to follow the instructions in the readme. You need to edit new chests via HM, and e.g. give the hookshot twice, the second will be the morning star. It's a template to develop a hack upon. I attached a srm to the patch so you can try the new items out though
Oh I think I didn't explain myself well.
I meant that, if I don't specifically add the new items through chests in a vanilla ROM, the maximum upgrades and items I can get are still those from the original ALttP, is that right?
Meaning as if it's okay to implement this to an original ROM to have all its perks but without getting an item not found in the original.

Conn wrote:Thanks for reporting. I fixed this both in the pw_shovel and the all-in patch (download new versions from first post, ips date 25th February 2022 - if not clear browser history (Firefox bug)
Awesome! Thanks for the fix, I'll test this out later on.

Conn wrote:I tried to reproduce a couple of time, both the shovel patch and the all-in.
Getting the golden bee and release it, re-catch, release... it is always the golden bee. Can you give more detailed instructions to reproduce?
This is a report and explanation given to me by a collaborator that's working with me on testing these issues and other stuff out. Hopefully this helps:
Golden Bee bug wrote:When you smash into the ice cave statue, it is the golden bee that appears, and when you catch it, it saves to your bottle as the "Golden Bee." The problem happens when you release it. At that point, it becomes a regular bee, and when you catch it again, it saves to your inventory as a regular bee. There is nothing special about producing the bug other than going through those extra steps.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 25 Feb 2022 - 14:39 by Conn

I meant that, if I don't specifically add the new items through chests in a vanilla ROM, the maximum upgrades and items I can get are still those from the original ALttP, is that right?
Meaning as if it's okay to implement this to an original ROM to have all its perks but without getting an item not found in the original.
Correctly. However, I exchanged the firerod/nimbus, so you need to apply the optional subfolder patch exchange_nimbus_firerod.ips.
Otherwise the first firerod chest you open is the nimbus, then you get no second chest with the real firerod, and the game is unbeatable. Applying that patch will give you the firerod with the first firerod chest, and the second then would conain the nimbus.

Golden Bee bug wrote:
Surely this was exactly what I did (both pw_shovel with gfx / all-in tested). No bug on my side Sad
Hold on. Yeah. Bugs if cought in second bottle

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 25 Feb 2022 - 15:26 by Conn

Ok, fixed the golden bee. It was only an issue with the pw shovel, not all-in:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/pw_shovel.zip

Edit:
As for the new items. If you renounce on giving a new item a second time in a chest you cannot get it. I am however unsure about the fairy upgrades...

Back to top Go down

ShadowOne333

Post Mon 28 Feb 2022 - 14:53 by ShadowOne333

Thank you, Conn! (I thought you were retiring Razz )
Seems like the pw shovel bugs have been fixed by applying that IPS. Very Happy

For the new items stuff, it's because I was mainly considering using that as a base for DX+Redux+All-In, but I'm still unsure how much would that helps, since most of it is already in Redux and DX in one way or another (except the new items of course).

Thanks again for the fixes, Conn! It's really appreciated Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 1 Mar 2022 - 2:37 by Conn

Awesome Very Happy
Yes, I'll try to fix crucial bugs that affect the gameplay, but I am indeed retired Wink

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2