Direction Change while running with Pegasus Boots

Go down

Direction Change while running with Pegasus Boots Empty Direction Change while running with Pegasus Boots

Information: This is a stolen and adapted code from AST, it will make you change direction while running with your pegasus boots.
Rom: ALTTP (US), without header; pc w/o header ALTTP (US)
Screenshot:

Direction Change while running with Pegasus Boots Dun_gf10

Ips Patch: http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/pegasus_upgrade.zip

Additional info: You need to keep the run button pressed, becuase stopping by direction change will not work anymore (of course Wink)
Due to changes in the running code, running up stairs such as those on Death Mountain or outside the Eastern Palace, you need to hold the D-Pad in the direction you're moving.  This is essential to dash the lumberjack's tree.

Code Addresses: main code at $0x3ff40 (works also with PW)

Last edited by Conn on Sun 8 Feb 2015 - 12:01; edited 3 times in total
Conn
Conn

Direction Change while running with Pegasus Boots Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Direction Change while running with Pegasus Boots :: Comments

Conn

Post Sun 4 Oct 2020 - 18:35 by Conn

Due to some requests, there is now an optional folder "Optional_disableSword_whileDashing" with a patch inside that removes the sword while dashing.

The direction change gives abuse abilities to consequently dash through enemies and bosses and thus cheating. With this new patch this is impossible

Back to top Go down

PowerPanda

Post Wed 29 Dec 2021 - 16:44 by PowerPanda

I'm working on modifying this so that the AST-style dashing is an upgrade. If Ram value 7E/F355 is set to $01, you'll have normal Pegasus Boots. If it is set to $02, you'll have AST-style Pegasus Boots. I've got the code working, but I would like to make it so that you have to hold A on the old style Pegaus Boots too. What part of the code is stopping the dash when A isn't pressed?

Back to top Go down