You've got it
Conn
Conn

MSU-1 enabling - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

MSU-1 enabling - Page 2 Empty Re: MSU-1 enabling

Post by Puzzledude Wed 26 Mar 2014 - 7:41

Wait, so this lets you set high quality music in the rom? Like replacing a song in the game with an actual song? Are you serious?
Not the way you think. The new music is outside of the rom and it will play only if you use the BSnes emulator (to my knowledge it also works on a actual cart if you do it right). Never the less, this is a great achievement (no matter what it needs, to work).

But I think it was said already that 2 versions of the game will be released: a standard one and the MSU one.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

MSU-1 enabling - Page 2 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 26 Mar 2014 - 8:07

But I think it was said already that 2 versions of the game will be released: a standard one and the MSU one.
No Need for 2 Versions, I concepted the code that, when no msu is enabled, the normal spc is played. So you can use the same Rom for both. If you want msu enhanced Music, you Need to have bsnes/XML and wavs, if you Play the Rom in zsnes you have the ingame spc.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 26 Mar 2014 - 9:42

No Need for 2 Versions, I concepted the code that, when no msu is enabled, the normal spc is played. So you can use the same Rom for both. If you want msu enhanced Music, you Need to have bsnes/XML and wavs, if you Play the Rom in zsnes you have the ingame spc.
This is great. Good to know. This really is a new dimension of playing music in a Rom.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

MSU-1 enabling - Page 2 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 29 Mar 2014 - 13:54

I tried to get the msu in higan; went all the way through the bml... and failed.
It has a Rom library and such; I do not know where to store the bml (bsnes simply had an XML to store into the Rom Folder). But the main Problem; I even do not have Music. Even not when playing a native zelda Rom.

Anybody has experiences with higan? But I think bsnes 0.68 is good enough for our Needs. I never was friend with bsnes and higan is even worse...
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Mon 31 Mar 2014 - 1:14

I think we can stick with bsnes! I know higan is what that emulator is called now, but good ol bsnes 0.68 suits our needs!

Just have to put a notice in the readme and it'll be fine!

Founder

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 31 Mar 2014 - 6:50

I think so, too. Even if we'd get msu Play in higan, bsnes is much easier to handls. Unfortunately, bsnes is hard to find so I provide it with the zip file.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2