Parallel Worlds patch (Title screen fix)

Go down

Parallel Worlds patch (Title screen fix) Empty Parallel Worlds patch (Title screen fix)

Post by duakisan Thu 14 Aug 2014 - 16:34

I have been wanting to play LOZ Parallel Worlds for ages now, and none of the patches ive found works on real hardware. Seen some hex edits I tried using, and no luck with that either. So I had to ask if anyone knew where I could find a patched rom that works 100% on real hardware. Many thanks.

duakisan
Newcomer

Since : 2014-04-02

Back to top Go down

Parallel Worlds patch (Title screen fix) Empty Re: Parallel Worlds patch (Title screen fix)

Post by Puzzledude Thu 14 Aug 2014 - 19:27

First I have to say, that we don't support roms, repro-carts and playing rom hacks on repro-carts on real hardware on this forum. Since repro cart usually means someone has paid money for it. Different thing if you made the cart your self for personal use or if you are using a flash cart.

It is because of the above you can not expect, that any hack will work on real hardware.

Regarding the Parallel Worlds or Parallel Remodel title screen fix. It is here:
https://www.zeldix.net/t89-parallel-worlds-and-remodel-the-correct-title-screen-fix?highlight=title

but you will need a hex editor for it. It should take only a few moments to edit the original PW with this fix.

We also have other fixes, like the PW Shovel fix, PW digging fix etc, but we never really implemented all that, since PW is a finished project and the fixes are more like an addendum release. Plus PW has some more unfixable minor problems (like pal problems, or the glitch where you can exit the screen left of the dark world church).

PS
Parallel Worlds was carted by RedScorpion for personal use and he finished the entire game on real hardware (without save states). So the game obviously works on real hardware (aside the title screen).
Patch (original release needed to implement the fix on) is here
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/197/
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Parallel Worlds patch (Title screen fix) Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Parallel Worlds patch (Title screen fix) Empty Re: Parallel Worlds patch (Title screen fix)

Post by duakisan Thu 14 Aug 2014 - 23:04

Ah yes, my apologies. This is not a "for profit" thing. But many thanks for the advice though. It is really appreciated. From the videos ive seen of the gameplay, it looks extensive. Id love to hack LTTP, but it looks like a nightmare lol. Though im sure the end result is definetly worth it.

duakisan
Newcomer

Since : 2014-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 15 Aug 2014 - 6:13

Yes, Parallel Worlds is considered to be the most difficult Zelda game of all times. There are currently 4 big finished Zelda3 hacks around. Here they are (if you haven't played them yet):
https://www.zeldix.net/f15-complete-hacks

Regarding the title fix. You probably had problems, since Parallel Worlds needs the Alttp US headered rom to be patched to. Once this is done, the header needs to be removed in hex, since all the hex edits (like the title fix) require a non headered rom.

PS
If you want to finish Parallel Worlds on real hardware (which has no save states or cheats), then you need the above-average playing skils.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Parallel Worlds patch (Title screen fix) Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 15:11

I know this is an old thread, but if anybody wants this fix rolled up into the original patch, I put this patch set together, with PW1.0, PW1.1, and PR, with the title screen fix included.  It's meant to be applied to an unheadered US ROM, and it's in the BPS format, so it will actually verify the ROM before patching so you know you have the right one. No hex editing needed, no multi-patching, just pick your version, apply the one patch and you're good to go.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Parallel Worlds patch (Title screen fix) Image212

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down