Zelda3 Parallel Worlds and Remodel v1-2

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Zelda3 Parallel Worlds and Remodel v1-2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Zelda3 Parallel Worlds and Remodel v1-2

Post by renkoha Wed 25 Jan 2017 - 11:20

hi man thanks for responding i haven't checked this place so i found your answer today, i tried your fix and it worked thus i was able to obtain the cane of somaria but in the mean time i tried to get the big chest key via game genie codes and none of those worked, however normal big key and tablets codes worked fine so i don't know if that is a bug as well, also i have seen some parts where there are some square sections of overworld maps that are bugged cause they seen like bad allocated pieces if you know what i mean, i haven't come across any blocking my path so far but they made some areas look odd, and reggarding x button well i found out what it does but i have an alternative way to do that on any emulator so i don't think is worth not having maps on dungeons with its current use

renkoha
Bee
Bee

Since : 2017-01-07

Back to top Go down

Zelda3 Parallel Worlds and Remodel v1-2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Zelda3 Parallel Worlds and Remodel v1-2

Post by qwertymodo Wed 25 Jan 2017 - 11:31

Try cheats for maps and compasses. One of them is the second big key and the other is the secret tablets, I don't remember which is which. The overworld tiles are a known bug, and I'm working on fixing them for 1.3. Dungeon maps were impossible to edit for a very long time, and were only somewhat recently figured out, so that's why there are no maps in this game which was released 10 years ago.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Zelda3 Parallel Worlds and Remodel v1-2 - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 25 Jan 2017 - 12:10

and reggarding x button well i found out what it does but i have an alternative way to do that on any emulator so i don't think is worth not having maps on dungeons with its current use
Maps are not happening in any of the PW series. You see, you actually need to make a map. Simply having the X button "free" will not do. And the way the game is coded and locked for editing, its really not happening. You can not even make a map in the "unlocked" regular Rom that easily. So when you build custom dungeons, the hackers usually don't bother to make any maps (as you can solve any dungeon without having maps).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Zelda3 Parallel Worlds and Remodel v1-2 - Page 2 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 25 Jan 2017 - 14:02

I tried to get the big chest key via game genie codes and none of those worked, however normal big key and tablets codes worked fine so i don't know if that is a bug as well
It is never a bug in a game, if you are using cheats. Cheating means that you mess with the RAM (since you are overwriting it with something else), this can result in game paradoxes and bugs. The game is never designed to be played with cheats, specially not the cheats for compass, big key and map, since these items are repeating for each dungeon. However using the "give compass in current dungeon" cheat, should give you the big chest key, then uppon save the RAM will go to SRAM and thus the cheat is no longer needed, but like said, using cheats is not recomended (at least not if you don't want game paradoxes and bugs).

For instance the cheat for "give level-2 sword" will surely mess up the sword gfx, and the cheat for "fast walking" will surely bug the game out when going into any overworld entrance, since you are too fast and end up in the wall (and can't move). Same for "dash across pits" cheat/glitch abuse, which will make you glide across pits and reach certain parts of the game too early and mess up the planed game-play.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by wizzrobemaster Sat 3 Mar 2018 - 20:17

i would cut down on the beamos statues and place less item gates. also the dungeons seem too linear.

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Since : 2015-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightning Hunter Wed 7 Mar 2018 - 11:09

Hi, I am new to these Zelda hacks.  I decided to start out by playing the Remodel v1.2, but I saw a few bugs listed on this forum - however, I am confused if they only apply to the original parallel worlds or the remodel. If I play version 1.2 of the Remodel, will I encounter any big issues, or is it fully playable?  Thanks!

Edit: I noticed a fix called "v1.2_daruniafix.ips" on the first page, but I am still not sure if this applies to the Remodel, or just the original version!

Lightning Hunter
Rope
Rope

Since : 2018-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 7 Mar 2018 - 11:37

Lightning Hunter wrote:Hi, I am new to these Zelda hacks.  I decided to start out by playing the Remodel v1.2, but I saw a few bugs listed on this forum - however, I am confused if they only apply to the original parallel worlds or the remodel. If I play version 1.2 of the Remodel, will I encounter any big issues, or is it fully playable?  Thanks!

Edit: I noticed a fix called "v1.2_daruniafix.ips" on the first page, but I am still not sure if this applies to the Remodel, or just the original version!
Hello Lightning,
Basically you are in the wrong topic.
What I did in this topic was a small fix of the original Parallel Worlds and original Parallel Remodel. It just fixes some gfx faults of the Title screen and some other small things. But essentially this is still version 1.1 of both (and of course these versions are playable as well).

Thus you need to simply play the latest versions.
For the Parallel Worlds this is 1.23. This is the most fledged version of the original Parallel Worlds and you can find it here:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1373-zelda3-parallel-worlds-v1-23

But it is also importaint to patch it correctly, namely to original ALTTP rom which is US region and with NO header. If you patch it to a headered rom for instance, you will produce a bugged rom. Same if you patch to EU or Japan roms. Make sure the CRC of the original rom to patch to is 777AAC2F and that it has 1.024KB and is SMC file.

The version 1.23 is the most recent and fixes a lot of bugs, but this is still Parallel Worlds, one of the most difficult Zelda games ever made, so...
Furthermore, you could also easily finish the 1.1 version with some more flaws, but like said, all these version are already carted and fully playable. They just have some minor problems which you can come acoross.

For the Remodel, the latest version is 1.1:
The Remodel is still 1.1 and was not updated in how the original was updated (no need). The 1.2 was the unofficial release which just fixes some minor things like monologues and the title screen bugs. This will not affect your gameplay at all.

Basically what I wanted for the Remodel is to make it a lot easier to be able to solve the game on real hardware with no save states. Also fixed a lot of bugs which were in PW 1.1, since PW was the base for PR. The reactions for the Remodel are mixed: some like it, some don't. But all version are fully playable on all sistems, even real hardware.

Regarding darunia fix: this is just yet another fix out of thousand small fixes, which fixes some doors in Daruni's cavern, but like said, you should be able to finish this dungeon in all versions. Only the temporary version 1.2 by qwerty made it impossible to solve Darunia, due to door glitch, which is no longer there in 1.23, it was also not ther in 1.1, nor in PR 1.1, so ... you are safe in all cases, if you download the latest versions of both games:

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/197/

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/956/
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightning Hunter Fri 16 Mar 2018 - 1:49

Sorry for my late response, but I actually did understand this patch was a quick gfx fix (I stumbled across this thread after googling the issue with the menu on my real hardware). I also know there are newer versions of parallel worlds, but I never cared to try them out due to the difficulty level with bomb jumps and all. That is why I settled for the remodel with the gfx fix.

I am still a bit confused as to why page 1 of this thread calls it the remodel v1.2. Your last post tells me to get the latest version from romhacking.net, but I thought that version was v1.1 without the gfx fix. If I want the gfx fixed, it is my understanding that I should use the version in the first post on this thread titled "Zelda3_Parallel_Remodel_v1-2_IPS". I just wanted to make sure that particular version did not introduce bugs in Darunia. If I understand you correctly, then I am safe playing "Zelda3_Parallel_Remodel_v1-2_IPS" from page 1 without running in to any game breaking issues then?

Lightning Hunter
Rope
Rope

Since : 2018-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 16 Mar 2018 - 10:27

Yes, you are safe (assuming you patched to the correct original rom), since Darunia is remade completely in Remodel and does not use the same doors as the original PW.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by shmglsky Tue 22 Jan 2019 - 15:04

Why does Link have a water trough behind his bed? Seems like an odd design choice...

shmglsky
Newcomer

Since : 2019-01-22

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2