Play as Minish Cap Link for Alttp

Go down

Play as Minish Cap Link for Alttp Empty Play as Minish Cap Link for Alttp

I'm releasing these here since ghillie planned to release it himself three years ago anyway and I've last talked to him about a year ago he was fine with other people using the sprite in their hacks. So far only moegami and I use it, but I'm sure others could aswell as long as they give full credit to ghillie.

Also feel free, if you're a spriter that is, to improve the sprite if you'd like. I know ghillie had trouble identifying a few frames within the whole sheet... so you can also find some documentation along the graphics bin if you intent on improving it further!

Apply this IPS to Alttp US non-headered rom and you'll get:

-Minish cap sprites by ghillie
-Pal fixes by Moegami

further edits by Puzzledude:
-red tunic fixed
-at least 20 bodies redrawn, since they were from the old sprite
-praying fixed
-HUD gfx for bomb, arrow and rupees fixed (wrong transparency fix)
-HUD numbers 5, 6, 8, fixed (wrong transparency fix)

Last edited by હેદρમ™ on Thu 1 Oct 2015 - 9:36; edited 3 times in total
Founder

Play as Minish Cap Link for Alttp Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Play as Minish Cap Link for Alttp :: Comments

Puzzledude

Post Wed 30 Sep 2015 - 11:53 by Puzzledude

The most recent files for Minish Link and Minish Zelda are here:

Minish Link (most recent) ZIP
http://www.bwass.org/bucket/Zelda3_Minish_Cap_Link.zip

Minish Zelda (most recent) ZIP
http://www.bwass.org/bucket/Zelda3_Minish_Zelda_(Gender_F).zip

Basically these two versions can be played from beginning to end, as if playing ALTTP, with new gfx and with correct monologues (adopted for female Zelda as main character), while the older versions were a hacker's resource, rather than a playable game.

Last edited by Puzzledude on Thu 15 Mar 2018 - 10:35; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Wed 30 Sep 2015 - 16:02 by Puzzledude

There you go, everyone. Apply this IPS (OLD version) (hacker's resource)
http://www.bwass.org/bucket/Minish_gfx+edit.ips

to Alttp US non-headered rom and you'll get:

-Minish cap sprites by ghillie
-Pal fixes by Moegami

further edits by Puzzledude:
-red tunic fixed
-at least 20 bodies redrawn, since they were from the old sprite
-praying fixed
-HUD gfx for bomb, arrow and rupees fixed (wrong transparency fix)
-HUD numbers 5, 6, 8, fixed (wrong transparency fix)

Note:
it seems like ghillies original work is slightly different from the bin provided (ie in the Oracle hack) for the main sprite.

PS
I hope the original authors actually condoned the initial release of this work.

Last edited by Puzzledude on Thu 15 Mar 2018 - 10:37; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 30 Sep 2015 - 19:23 by Founder

I've known ghillie since 2003 and even worked with him on the Lyra Islands project for a while to know how he actually is. He already planned on releasing the sprite to the public back in 2012 and even asked for help to complete it:

ghillie wrote:Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 16:31:35 -0400
Subject: here's the latest (ghillie)

I'm still having trouble with identifying a few sprites, I'm going to post a few pics in the thread, hopefully you or someone at acmlm can help out... anyway, I attached a bundle of what I've finished so far, have fun just messing around with the new sprites! There are a few extras floating around on the .bin file too haha

There are still plenty of errors that I'll have to fix, even on the "finished" sprites... sooooo, just ignore those for now!

~ghillie

So no worries there. ghillie, NEONswift, Euclid and me all have something in common, when it comes to this game... we've all helped the community overtime by sharing our unfinished hacks to others...

-Tower of The Triforce (became Parallel Worlds)
-Gates of Time/Darkness (PD is finishing it)
-Shards of Might (Finished by multiple people and later renamed by PD into Godesses of Wisdom)
-Legends of Hyrule (Moegami's base hack)
-Lyra Islands (Additional graphics used in OoS)

Most of these hacks were finished or attempted to be finished by other authors.

Conn is also a good contestant here with his mentality of sharing every hack he implements to the rest of the community. It's better to work together then working with rivalities!

Last edited by હેદρમ™ on Tue 8 Mar 2016 - 13:41; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Thu 1 Oct 2015 - 2:28 by Puzzledude

Good to hear that. Regarding the gfx, I only had the ones from Oracle game and they are different from ghillies (since hills and all are changed).

PS
The link in the main description doesn't contain the actual Ips. Someone could recompress the bin, but they will still have original Alttp palettes, which will make a false colour display.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 1 Oct 2015 - 9:38 by Founder

I'm pretty sure moegami edited it further but Ive supplied the original bin that was sent by ghillie. Also edited my link into the ips patch! Thanks for pointing that out!!

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 8 Jan 2016 - 11:28 by NinjaGamer

For some reason the link you posted keeps downloading a text file and won't provide the actual ips. Could you please post it on mediafire, dropbox or something?

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Fri 8 Jan 2016 - 12:48 by Puzzledude

The link works fine for me. The file was uploaded to Zebucket, the most secure uploader available. Mediafire and Dropbox are lesser uploading hosts filled with commercials. Not too long ago Mediafire and similar shortcuts were actually not allowed here. The download must be a one click, such as in this case.

But it is true, certain computers with certain IP numbers are forbbiden to enter Zebucket (since the site hosts mostly material connected with romhacking), which is probably your case.

Back to top Go down

SunGodPortal

Post Fri 8 Jan 2016 - 17:13 by SunGodPortal

For some reason the link you posted keeps downloading a text file and won't provide the actual ips. Could you please post it on mediafire, dropbox or something?

right-click, save as

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 9 Jan 2016 - 11:21 by NinjaGamer

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 23 Feb 2017 - 5:33 by GokudoZerotsuken

Hi,

i wait this patch longtime ago. I thought i'm going to do it myself and i found you !

Anyway, i french and want to play on french(eur) version but when i try ur patch (with US rom) with lunarIPS+vba and it crash or don't launch... and for every patch on this forum did same thing
i read something about header/unheader i tried some software but nothing change

Can u tell me the how i'm supposed to patch for it worki ?

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 23 Feb 2017 - 5:49 by Conn

I can only tell that the german version is incompatible with any hacks, since the rom code has been rearranged. I assume the same has been done with the french version. There's little you can do, except porting the code - which requires some asm knowledge to find the correct addresses. In the end this is boring, long time work.
In summary, I am afraid that you need to stick on the US version Sad

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 23 Feb 2017 - 6:01 by GokudoZerotsuken

i'll see later for the french version. But actually i can't make it work with US version

Back to top Go down

assassin17

Post Thu 23 Feb 2017 - 6:04 by assassin17

VBA?  wasn't it clear as day from the video that this is for the SNES version?  are you on crack?  this website is SNES-centric.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 23 Feb 2017 - 6:23 by GokudoZerotsuken

Yeah full of crack here.

Sorry, but there is a ALTTP on GBA too, and only on the video is mentioned is for SNES version.
Okay, thanks. Probably get more fun but do you know somewhere can help me for GBA ver ?

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 13 Mar 2018 - 19:54 by TheGullibleBrit

This is really cool but for some reason its not working with my rom, after I use it the roms sprites are all messed up. Could someone link me to the Hyrule Magic sprite sheet for this please?

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Tue 13 Mar 2018 - 21:11 by Puzzledude

TheGullibleBrit wrote:This is really cool but for some reason its not working with my rom, after I use it the roms sprites are all messed up. Could someone link me to the Hyrule Magic sprite sheet for this please?
You probably patched to the headered rom instead of the non headered rom.
And there is no such thing as Hyrule Magic sprite sheet.
There is just a sprite sheet. And this will do you no good, since you would have to re-edit the gfx and pals.

Use the most recent version of the Minish Link and Minish Zelda hacks by downloading from romhacking site. This is a lot faster, since those IPS files are verifyed. Just patch to a non headered US rom. Note, a lot of other gfx is changed too (and pals) not just the main character.

Minish Link et all
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3888/

Minish Zelda et all
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3906/

So for both of those you know you need an US rom with No header. So if you patch to the correct original rom, it will work.

The version on this site works as well (if patched to the correct original rom with No header), it is just not the most recent version.

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Thu 15 Mar 2018 - 10:31 by Puzzledude

Seems like someone messed up the main files at Romhacking. The info on authorship and credits are now fine indeed (and were false before), but the main files were changed to the older versions, and the Minish Link RAR file doesn't even unzip, since it says the file is damaged. The Readme is gone too.

Anyway here are the most recent files:

Minish Link (most recent) ZIP
http://www.bwass.org/bucket/Zelda3_Minish_Cap_Link.zip

Minish Zelda (most recent) ZIP
http://www.bwass.org/bucket/Zelda3_Minish_Zelda_(Gender_F).zip

Note, that the most recent files can be played from beginning to end with txt edits, while the old versions were a "hackers resource" and thus not playable at all as ALTTP, since for instance all tunics are in Link's house already (for testing purposes) and should be removed obviously.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 23 Feb 2023 - 13:54 by erpster2

Puzzledude wrote:Seems like someone messed up the main files at Romhacking. The info on authorship and credits are now fine indeed (and were false before), but the main files were changed to the older versions, and the Minish Link RAR file doesn't even unzip, since it says the file is damaged. The Readme is gone too.

actually the readme files have been quietly restored and the updated/corrected versions have been silently posted on the RHDN site as I have downloaded & checked them myself

Back to top Go down