Music Transposing

Go down

Music Transposing Empty Music Transposing

Post by Founder Mon 17 Jun 2013 - 17:10

GameMark24 wrote:
Zelda 3 Challenge - Music Requests!

I realize most people won't be able to help with this part of the game, but I know a few people who are great with handling SNES music. Hyrule Magic allows the insertion of new music, replacing old songs, but it can be very difficult and confusing, especially for someone with no background in music. I have one person who has already provided new music for the game, but because he's so busy, I'm requesting help from anyone else who might be able to transpose music.

Rules:

1.) Contact me before you get started. Depending on what music you're transposing, I do have guidelines and plans for how they should sound. You shouldn't waste your efforts on something that can't be used. Plus, many songs in the game will be used in places where they didn't originaly play. Always email me for specific information.

2.) All submitted music must be usable in the actual game! A remixed MP3 may be awesome, but it just won't work in Zelda3C. The best method, as far as I know, is to start by creating new music in MIDI format. From there, the music must be inserted into the ROM via Hyrule Magic. Patches for the ROM are necessary for this kind of request. If I get a MIDI or MP3, I might still use it as a guideline or inspiration.

3.) Music can be lifted from any other SNES game (or even NES) and submitted with whatever changes are necessary. You can even start with other games' music, change it a lot, and then submit it. Do NOT take music from any other hack, period. Don't submit music that you might use for your own purposes later. Please don't take music from Zelda Classic or other current sources.

4.) If an entry is accepted for use in Zelda3C, it will either be used as-is, or changed to work better in the game. If the changes are considered major, the musician will be notified first.

5.) Valid entries are patches of ROMs which contain new music. Do NOT send me any ROMs! I will automatically delete any ROMs that are sent to me. I will not view them, nor save them to my computer.

Requests:

Music Transposing Mini-triTitle Song: I haven't thought of a specific song to use here. I would like something which is a cross between the title songs of Zelda 2 and Chrono Trigger, but I'm very open to suggestions.

World Map: [Already replaced!]

Beginning: [Already replaced!]

Rabbit: This song isn't too important to change, especially since I have no idea what I'd like to use.

Music Transposing Mini-triForest: There is no forest song in Zelda3C. Instead, I need a tropical paradise song for the beach areas.

Intro: [Same, until further notice.]

Town: [Already replaced!]

Music Transposing Mini-triWarp: This should be the music played in Zelda64 for the Ocarina of Time.

Music Transposing Mini-triDark World: This is an exciting song. To prevent spoilers, my idea for its replacement won't be posted.

Master Swd: [Same, but open to suggestions.]

File Select: [Same]

Music Transposing Mini-triSoldier: This could be the moblin song of Zelda 4...

Music Transposing Mini-triMountain: This is a serious song. To prevent spoilers, my idea for its replacement won't be posted.

Shop: [Same, but open to suggestions.]

Music Transposing Mini-triFanfare: [See Title Song, above]

Castle: [Already replaced!]

Music Transposing Mini-triPalace: I'd like to use the labyrinth song in ZeldaBS, but I'm open to suggestions.

Cave: [Already replaced!]

Music Transposing Mini-triClear: The tune for completing a dungeon in Zelda 1 would be great here.

Church: [Already replaced!]

Music Transposing Mini-triBoss: I want to use FF4's Four Fiends battle song. Seriously!

Dungeon: [Already replaced!][Needs improvement in one area.]

Music Transposing Mini-triPsychic: This fortune teller's song is annoying. I would love to use Earthbound's Saturn Valley (Mr. Saturn) in its place.

Secret Way: [Already replaced!]

Rescue: [Same]

Crystal: [Same, but open to suggestions.]

Music Transposing Mini-triFountain: It might be good to use the fairy song from Zelda 4.

Pyramid: This was the prelude to fighting Agahnim. Not sure what I'd like to use, yet.

Kill Agah: This song represented Agahnim becoming Ganon. Not sure what I'd like to use, yet.

Ganon Room: This was the prelude to fighting Ganon. Not sure what I'd like to use, yet.

Music Transposing Mini-triLast Boss: I want to use FF4's Zeromus battle song. Again, seriously!

Triforce: [Same]

Ending & Staff Songs: [Same, until further notice.]

Founder

Music Transposing Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Music Transposing Empty Re: Music Transposing

Post by GameMakr24 Sun 18 Aug 2013 - 16:29

Since writing this all those years ago, my views on Zelda3C's music have changed dramatically. I no longer want to include any music from non-Zelda games, such as Final Fantasy. I used to love the idea because Sephiroth3 transposed FF8's final dungeon song into a Zelda 3 ROM, but I realize that it just doesn't make sense to hear these pieces in a Zelda game.

In other news, I've recently been talking to someone else who is familiar with Hyrule Magic's music editor AND is quite the composer, so I'm looking forward to great original tracks from her!
GameMakr24
GameMakr24

Music Transposing Image211

Since : 2013-07-31

http://www.questforcalatia.net/Zelda3C/index.html

Back to top Go down

Music Transposing Empty Re: Music Transposing

Post by GameMakr24 Sun 18 Aug 2013 - 18:51

I haven't talked to Sephiroth3 in many years. If I locate him, I'll let you know!
GameMakr24
GameMakr24

Music Transposing Image211

Since : 2013-07-31

http://www.questforcalatia.net/Zelda3C/index.html

Back to top Go down