The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy Empty The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy

Patch Download v1.1:
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ippc8co7k0bk8t7/HL_1.1_-_Current_Test_Version.zip/file
The patches need to be applied on ALTTP (US), no header. You need a UPS patcher.

-----------------------------------------------

Hello out there, I'am IntimFuchtler and I would like to show you my Hack
The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy

It's my first released Hack ever, changing all Dungeons and some minor Overworld edits. So it's kind of a half Hack.

You can expect:
- New Dungeons
- 2 Extra Dungeons
- New Dungeon Order
- Minibosses
- New to some extend unique Ideas regarding Level Design
- A new Item Order
- New Hud (thanks to the ToT Hud Patch)
- Many other stuff

V 1.1 Level Design Changes

V 1.042
- Level Design Changes, ought to be the final version

V 1.02
- Fixed a possible Softlock in Turtle Rock

V 1.01
- Some minor Changes

V 1.0 Changelog:
- Look at the Readme for more

V 0.96 Changelog:
- Fixed a gamebreaking bug before Level 1
- Fixed a mistake in the Readme
- The Map is now totally screwed up in most of the Dungeons

V 0.95 Changelog:
- Added ingame credits
- Fixed some game important bugs in Level 6 and 8 (thanks to Puzzledude)
- Balanced some things
- other minor stuff

I would like to hear some constructive critic^^

Some other questions of mine, is it possible to create a asm Patch, which will show up a message only one time in a specific part of the room (like NW, NE ...)?
Also i have removed Sahashrahala so the Pendant locations never show up on the map. Is it possible that they will show up after you have met with the priest?

Last edited by IntimFuchtler on Wed 24 Apr 2024 - 8:23; edited 19 times in total
IntimFuchtler
IntimFuchtler

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy Image213

Since : 2016-02-12

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy :: Comments

IntimFuchtler

Post Tue 5 Apr 2016 - 13:01 by IntimFuchtler

Thanks for the quick reply, I will look them up later^^

Well, sadly I couldn't change the Overworld that much, I need to draw new Tiles and that was too much for me for a first Zelda 3 Hack.

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Tue 5 Apr 2016 - 15:02 by Puzzledude

Hello out there, I'am IntimFuchtler and I would like to show you my Hack
A Link to the Dungeons (Name is pending, I still don't know something better)

It's my first released Hack ever, changing all Dungeons and some minor Overworld edits. So it's kind of a half Hack.
This was totally unexpected. I checked this game with Hyrule Magic and I have to say you have talent and great skills. Lots has been changed and certain rooms really are a wounderful design. Doing so much edits with one rom and not bug it out is also an achievement. You definitely deserve that green Rom Hacker status (not many people I know can edit dungeons with that kind of skill - note to others: some rooms really are an overhaul with bg1 and bg2 definitions all done correctly, containing bridges and this is difficult to make).

Since you didn't change overworlds that much this makes me want to finalize some dungeons even more, change some of the indoor gfx and merge it with Parallel Worlds overworlds to come up with one fine game, which would hopefully be a worthy ancestor of the famous Alttp (this is just an idea, which needs the approval of all contributors). Somekind of a Zeldix presents game, specially if I toss in some of the Goddess of Wisdom dungeons and PW Sheik's hideout, which actually are popular with the general croud. Since I could utilize RT's function to have 320 rooms instead of 295.

Back to top Go down

IntimFuchtler

Post Tue 5 Apr 2016 - 15:20 by IntimFuchtler

Whoa, thanks a lot Very Happy
Well some later Dungeons may need some tweaking, I don't know if the game flows that good how it does for me, cuz' I know everything.

I tried my best to make some good (in my opinion) design choices.
There were/are some bugs left and I think the rom doesn't have much space left for object data because I didn't changed anything regarding this (I used up all Dungeon Rooms and removed some Overworld Sprites to make room for more Dungeon ones).

Anyway, the Game is now 95% done, only many minor things left to do (but i was quite lazy the last few weeks/months, busy with other stuff).
If someone is interested in making a Overworld for this game, I wouldn't say no. But first I need to finish it and give proper credit to all people (there are a few people missing).

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Tue 5 Apr 2016 - 15:32 by Puzzledude

I think the rom doesn't have much space left for object data because I didn't changed anything regarding this (I used up all Dungeon Rooms and removed some Overworld Sprites to make room for more Dungeon ones).
That's really not a problem. With my method of dungeon hex gluing I can have "unlimited" space for dungeon objects, 25 extra dungeon rooms, and "unlimited" dungeon sprites, items and max possible space for room-header. Basically it is not unlimited, since the emulator/hardware could not handle such an amount of sprites even on FastRom (and would go into a slowdown).

If someone is interested in making a Overworld for this game, I wouldn't say no. But first I need to finish it and give proper credit to all people (there are a few people missing).
Sure.

PS
If this was your first attempt at dungeon design, than this is really great work. Despite the fact I haven't yet tested the rom in-game, we definitely did not expect such work from a fairly unknown name.

PPS
You can read my Vital hex addresses (the one which contains the info on the ending sequence, should be somewhere in the Documents section or in the Compendium document) to write your name in the ending credits using a hex editor.
https://www.zeldix.net/t17-vital-hex-addresses
post number 4 on the upper link.

Last edited by Puzzledude on Tue 5 Apr 2016 - 15:42; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

SunGodPortal

Post Tue 5 Apr 2016 - 15:41 by SunGodPortal

Cool. Looks neat. Can't wait to try this out later.

Back to top Go down

IntimFuchtler

Post Tue 5 Apr 2016 - 15:51 by IntimFuchtler

Puzzledude wrote:
If this was your first attempt at dungeon design, than this is really great work. Despite the fact I haven't yet tested the rom in-game, we definitely did not expect such work from a fairly unknown name.

Well this was my first try editing Zelda 3. The Room you fall into from the Hyrule Castle Garden was my first Room with Hyrule Magic.
I hack/hacked other games before but never released anything either because I wasn't pleased with my stuff or I didn't finished it. Currently I go for an complete Yoshi Island Hack (far frome done).

I already saw the credit releated stuff in the guide. There are a few Patches I need to patch into my rom. Like the Mothula fix and stuff. Also I think the ToT Patch messed something up with my rom (or the minibosspatch asm) because I cant't use the Statue Sprite anymore (the one which you can pull around) without crashing the game when I enter the Room the sprite is in.

But I released the game now to get some feedback so I can improve the final game.

Edit: Thanks Very Happy
Didn't know about that stuff
I hope my Hack can hold up to you're expactions^^

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Tue 5 Apr 2016 - 17:11 by Puzzledude

Changed the thread into announcement and added direct link to the IPS on Zebucket:
http://www.bwass.org/bucket/Zelda3_A_Link_to_the_Dungeons_hack_v0-9.ips

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 5 Apr 2016 - 17:12 by Conn

Hi and welcome onboard. Unfortunately for you I am retired and do only small jobs here and there, especially - or better: only- for PU. As for boss introduction messages you can check this out:
https://www.zeldix.net/t572-boss-introduction-message

The patch would work in any room, except the entrance room of a dungeon. I also hacked in a check whether the boss is defeated. If you intend to use other rooms, and do not want to have respawning messages, you need asm knowledge to adjust my code (as said, I am of no help).
You could avoid respawning by using other room specific stuff that goes into sram (opened chests/doors).

Showing up pendants after meeting the priest would be possible for sure with... again asm knowledge.
This is what you need to manipulate (MoN's sram log):
Code:

Map Icons Indicator 2 (value, not bitwise)
$3C7:

0x00 - ????
    0x01 - ????
    0x02 - ????
    0x03 - The Three Pendants
    0x04 - Master Sword in Lost Woods
    0x05 - Agahnim (skull icon at Hyrule Castle)
    0x06 - Just crystal 1 shown (Sahasrala's idea)
    0x07 - All crystals shown
    0x08 - Agahnim (skull icon at Ganon's Tower)

All values beyond 8 are invalid, it seems.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 5 Apr 2016 - 17:22 by Conn

On a second thought, my patch might be easily adjustable
Sniplet of my code:

Code:

LDA $A0    ; check whether boss is defeated
ASL A          
TAX            
LDA $7EF000,x
AND #$0800        ; Isolate Boss bit
BEQ $03
Sep #$30    
RTL          
You see it isolates the boss bit. if set the boss is defeated. Here are the room info's by MoN, which can also be used to couple it (as you see, the boss is bit 4 of high byte (AND $0800).

Code:

High Byte               Low Byte
d d d d b k ck cr       c c c c q q q q      

c - chest, big key chest, or big key lock. Any combination of them totalling to 6 is valid.
q - quadrants visited:
k - key or item (such as a 300 rupee gift)
d - door opened (either unlocked, bombed or other means)
r - special rupee tiles, whether they've been obtained or not.
b - boss battle won

So for example you'd need to change
AND #$0800 ; Isolate Boss bit
to
AND #$0400
to couple it on a key in this room...

Last edited by Conn on Tue 5 Apr 2016 - 17:26; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

IntimFuchtler

Post Tue 5 Apr 2016 - 17:24 by IntimFuchtler

Thanks for all the input.

I was searching for Dungeons Introducing Messages and Boss Messages.
But some of my Boss Rooms are also used by the Dungeons as normal Dungeon Rooms. So I need a Message asm which will only show a Message if I'am in a specific part of the Room (like in the South-West Part in a Room with Layout 0), if this is even possible. Well I have to look into it, I know at least a little bit of asm.

And thanks Puzzledude for uploading the patch directly^^

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 5 Apr 2016 - 17:29 by Conn

quadrants visited are also saved in the low byte, theoretically it's thus possible:
High Byte               Low Byte
d d d d b k ck cr       c c c c q q q q      

c - chest, big key chest, or big key lock. Any combination of them totalling to 6 is valid.
q - quadrants visited

A similar code is executed in PU where Euclid made an asm to hear a sound when a key is near in case you have the compass. This is also quadrant specific and cannot be done via room only.

Besides the quadrants visited are stored in sram area, you can also check them according to this image in ram $21 and $23

https://i.servimg.com/u/f56/18/39/92/77/image251.jpg

- it is PU adjusted but you get the idea.

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Tue 5 Apr 2016 - 17:43 by Puzzledude

I was searching for Dungeons Introducing Messages and Boss Messages.
But some of my Boss Rooms are also used by the Dungeons as normal Dungeon Rooms. So I need a Message asm which will only show a Message if I'am in a specific part of the Room (like in the South-West Part in a Room with Layout 0), if this is even possible. Well I have to look into it, I know at least a little bit of asm.
You can either go with the Asm, but there is also a much easier solution possible. You use the message stone element and place it on a wall or a big statue. Then you set the telepatic message in the room header to (for instance monologue 170). Now you edit the monologue 170 to your text. Then you can read the message in any part of dungeons by pressing A infront of the element (can also be in south west, or on bg1 and bg2). I'm guessing you want to tell something to the player in the dungeon (hints on how to solve maybe).

The initial asm is actually a lot more complex - it will pop up a message only if Zelda is following you and on exact X and Y of the room. And the boss message asm was initially meant in boss rooms only (boss speaking before the fight).

And thanks Puzzledude for uploading the patch directly
Yes, well you know those adverts before downloading... It is ironic what complex procedures are sometimes necessary to be able to achieve a one click download (direct download) option.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 6 Apr 2016 - 8:30 by Arnachy69

It's Realy Awsome man,

and is this Realy youre First Zelda3 hack.???
sorry i cannot believe it the dungeons what i have see is to professional made
when i make some new dungeons alway's i get the big bug the the water gate temple don't fill the water enlarge the whole temple i get an ips from Conn and a Hex tip for Puzzle but when i make a new dungeon the bug is already there Sad

Back to top Go down

IntimFuchtler

Post Wed 6 Apr 2016 - 8:49 by IntimFuchtler

I testet the Water Room Headers many times tow work with my Hack. The 2 Rooms which uses the Turn on Water Header in the original Game only works in the Rooms they where originaly in, otherwise you need to do some Hex-Edits I believe. Also if you don't put them in the same Coordinates they will refill the water very slowly (although this does happen in my hack but it isn't that bad).
The Turn of Water Header works in all Room just fine, just look them up in the original Game to understand how they work.
I also encountered the Watergate Bug, so I simply removed it from my Hack (although I read in the forum how to fix it).

Level 5 in the Dark World uses these Headers a lot, it's also one of my best Dark World Dungeons I think.

Anyway, thanks for the compliment^^

Edit: Yes this is my first Zelda 3 Hack, but it isn't that great. I only wanted to test out my Dungeon Design Skills until I start a full Zelda 3 Hack (but I already had hacking experience from other games, metroid for example).

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 6 Apr 2016 - 9:03 by Arnachy69

Rspect man again the dungeons are complicated make but good
what i see i'm not an expert hacker like you do conn Seph Puzzle and others but this is realy awsome Very Happy
go further with youre hack i'm a big fan Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Wed 6 Apr 2016 - 9:54 by Puzzledude

i get the big bug the the water gate temple
This bug can be fixed only on certain occasion. There is a possibility when it gets completely bugged and the hex fix does not work. So it is best in this case to remove the switch all together, since this was redundant (only for a heart piece and a entrance to a dungeon).

The filling water chanels are much better, but they will indeed work only in the same room and on the same coordinates.

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Thu 7 Apr 2016 - 19:09 by Puzzledude

Just finished the entire Light World, incuding that Semi Dungeon near Eastern Palace. This semi dungeon is a work of art and if firther slightly remodeled and expanded could easily be one of the best ever created, and if remodeled further maybe even intelectually too difficult for average players.

The former eastern palace is also a treat, like wise with the intorductory dungeon. Different strategy with L-2 and 3, but also very talented design.

Back to top Go down

IntimFuchtler

Post Fri 8 Apr 2016 - 17:19 by IntimFuchtler

I intended to make that extra dungeon a bit harder early on, cause' you can get that one required item pretty easy, skipping roughly half of the dungeon, leaving the other part optional but rewarding.
The central room on B3 took a while to make. Also in my current version I made that one Eye Laser in the bottom room of B3 a bit easier, because it's pretty hard to dodge (but still, there is no point where you have to take damage in my hack, everything is possible).

I just finished editing the ingame Credits, except the Quest History. Now only the messages and map tiles remain.
And of course some balancing after I get more feedback.

By the way, I made a list of all Hex Pointers regarding the Credits, if they aren't already uploaded here somewhere.

Edit: I came up with a new Name: The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past: Hylian Legacy
Pretty long though

Last edited by IntimFuchtler on Sat 9 Apr 2016 - 7:52; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Erockbrox

Post Fri 8 Apr 2016 - 21:19 by Erockbrox

This looks like a really nice hack here. I watched a few of the videos above.

By the way, every time I see your name I think I'm reading "Imfu*ker" lol Smile

Welcome to Zeldix.

Back to top Go down

IntimFuchtler

Post Sat 9 Apr 2016 - 3:45 by IntimFuchtler

Erockbrox wrote:By the way, every time I see your name I think I'm reading "Imfu*ker" lol Smile

Haha Laughing
Well, in german it means something similar^^
It has something to do with one of my friends and me playing Lol that I got to
use this nickname Smile

Oh and also thanks Seph for the videos, it's always nice to see someone playing the own hack Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 9 Apr 2016 - 6:53 by Conn

Well, in german it means something similar^^
It has something to do with one of my friends and me playing Lol that I got to use this nickname Smile
Bin mir gerade nicht sicher ob das mehr Informationsgehalt ist, als ich gerade vertragen kann Disgust

Back to top Go down

IntimFuchtler

Post Sat 9 Apr 2016 - 7:10 by IntimFuchtler

Hahaha viel Raum zum interpretieren XD

Edit: Aber eigentlich ganz harmlos, wir wollten nur ähnliche Namen für ein Lol Team haben^^

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Sun 10 Apr 2016 - 10:06 by Puzzledude

I've just finished the entire hack and I have to say great work. These dungeons have incredible potential and if slightly debugged and mastered can easily be one of the best.

Here my list:
Spoiler:

Altogether very well made and really a small amount of bugs and minor problems considering Hyrule Magic can produce buggs quickly and considering the amount of changes made.

Back to top Go down

IntimFuchtler

Post Sun 10 Apr 2016 - 11:48 by IntimFuchtler

First off, thanks Puzzledude for playing my hack.
I hope you had the same amount of fun (or even more?^^) I had while making this thing Smile

Then about your review^^

Spoiler:

Also do you have a list of dungeons you liked the most and dungeons who aren't as good as the others? (Like 1. Level 5 2. Level 2 ...)

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next