Here's an alternative soundtrack for Chrono Trigger

Go down

Here's an alternative soundtrack for Chrono Trigger Empty Here's an alternative soundtrack for Chrono Trigger

Post by vacantplanets Mon 26 Sep 2016 - 16:33

Rahzadan posted this somewhere in a thread a while ago, but I wanted to give this it's own thread so more people can see it.

direct download:
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/a3m7bnob8az7vmp

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag8dytM0BEs&index=6&list=PL5D8CE6BD235AB266

official site: http://tssf.gamemusic.ca/main.html (Yes, it is free.)

Hopefully someone likes it as much as I do and can convert and edit the files for us! Razz (Conn)

Cheers.
vacantplanets
vacantplanets
Witch
Witch

Since : 2015-12-09

Back to top Go down

Here's an alternative soundtrack for Chrono Trigger Empty Re: Here's an alternative soundtrack for Chrono Trigger

Post by qwertymodo Mon 26 Sep 2016 - 16:56

Pretty sure MediaFire links aren't allowed here due to the ad.fly redirects.  Can you reupload elsewhere?

Edit: Also, there's only 29 tracks in that archive, that's less than half of the OST.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Here's an alternative soundtrack for Chrono Trigger Image212

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Here's an alternative soundtrack for Chrono Trigger Empty Re: Here's an alternative soundtrack for Chrono Trigger

Post by Floki Mon 26 Sep 2016 - 17:10

Mediafire is fine as long as you put it in code like his post I've edited.

The board is auto adding the adf.ly redirects to places like mediafire and you need to pay to remove that option.

Floki

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by vacantplanets Mon 26 Sep 2016 - 17:32

qwertymodo wrote:Pretty sure MediaFire links aren't allowed here due to the ad.fly redirects.  Can you reupload elsewhere?

Edit: Also, there's only 29 tracks in that archive, that's less than half of the OST.

Ah, damn. Didn't know any of that. Thanks for looking. I'll contact him and see if there are more tracks. How many do you need?
vacantplanets
vacantplanets
Witch
Witch

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Mon 26 Sep 2016 - 20:35

There are 63 tracks, one of which is a duplicate with different looping.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Mon 26 Sep 2016 - 20:43

Looking at the original site, it looks like there might be a few more available as .IT files, but I have no idea how to open those. However, even then he's still missing

Code:
1-15 The Cathedral
1-17 Light of Silence
2-16 Creeping through the Sewers
2-17 Boss Battle 2
2-18 Primeval Mountain
2-19 Ayla's Theme
2-23 Strains of Insanity
3-02 Tyrano Lair
3-07 Sealed Door
3-11 The Epoch
3-12 Determination
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kakashi Thu 29 Sep 2016 - 5:28

IT files? They were made with a mod tracker? Wow, old school...
Kakashi
Kakashi
Rope
Rope

Since : 2016-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by vacantplanets Thu 6 Oct 2016 - 18:33

Yeah, sounds good to me!
vacantplanets
vacantplanets
Witch
Witch

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Thu 6 Oct 2016 - 18:42

I just checked, all of the tracks are there. I'll probably take a crack at it this weekend.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by vacantplanets Thu 6 Oct 2016 - 18:48

qwertymodo wrote:I just checked, all of the tracks are there.  I'll probably take a crack at it this weekend.
Awesome!

I just posted a comment asking him if he has a WAV version.

As of now, there's only that one orchestral version of the OST right?

Edit: Also sent him a message on FB.

Last edited by vacantplanets on Thu 6 Oct 2016 - 19:05; edited 1 time in total
vacantplanets
vacantplanets
Witch
Witch

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Thu 6 Oct 2016 - 18:53

He has an mp3 pack available for download (check the last video in the playlist), which I'm using for now, but I did ask him about a flac version, since the mp3's have a fair amount of audible compression artifacts.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rahzadan Wed 16 Nov 2016 - 17:47

I just wanted to point out that I am not TSSF (Mathew Valente). I just happened to have found this soundtrack one day Very Happy

Also, how's the progress going on the "OST Remastered" soundtrack?
Rahzadan
Rahzadan
Cucumber
Cucumber

Since : 2015-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Wed 16 Nov 2016 - 17:57

I haven't heard anything from Dracula9AntiChapel, and have mostly been busy on the coding aspect of the hack, so the progress on that soundtrack is "none".
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rahzadan Wed 16 Nov 2016 - 18:23

qwertymodo wrote:I haven't heard anything from Dracula9AntiChapel, and have mostly been busy on the coding aspect of the hack, so the progress on that soundtrack is "none".

Yeah I contacted him too about a lossless version.

I will wait patiently for this regardless Smile
Rahzadan
Rahzadan
Cucumber
Cucumber

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Tue 22 Nov 2016 - 15:38

I got the FLAC files today (all except 1... for some reason the last track is missing, but I'm following up on that). It'll take awhile to get them looped properly, but I'll get it done eventually.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rahzadan Tue 22 Nov 2016 - 16:08

He sent it to me too (upon request)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_XWYJCETAfZeThuUXhJQ1ZXVzA

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_XWYJCETAfZcFEtbVdxdkVGeXc

EDIT:

I just ran these FLACs through Spectro (a free spectral analysis tool) and the resulting FLACs have EXACTLY THE SAME spectrum results as the original 128k mp3s... I'm not an expect at this stuff but it's as if he just took his 128k MP3s and transcoded them to FLAC to appease us, without using his original recordings.

Can anyone else confirm this? Maybe I'm looking at it wrong.

Based on this site:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/442888/how-to-tell-between-a-real-flac-and-a-fake-flac

I believe I'm not wrong...The FLACs I got from the original guy show evidence of just being transcoded.
Rahzadan
Rahzadan
Cucumber
Cucumber

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Tue 22 Nov 2016 - 18:06

Dang, you're right.  Just look at that hard ceiling at ~14kHz :/

Oh well, on another listen through, the compression doesn't sound as bad as I thought, but it would have been nice to get actual FLAC's instead of transcodes.  I'll ask him about it, but if he doesn't respond, or if it turns out he did just transcode and doesn't want to re-export, I'll just work with what I have.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rahzadan Tue 22 Nov 2016 - 23:23

Yeah.. No question he just transcoded his super lossy 128k MP3s to lossless, doing nothing whatsoever for the quality. The frequencies on these FLACs pretty much 99% match the MP3s... I went ahead and messaged him anyway. I personally really like this soundtrack and want a proper lossless version pretty badly Very Happy

If I manage to get them I'll let you know.

On a side note, I REALLY wish this guy would do the entire soundtrack - these tracks are really impressive too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HJRogZ7puY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwDxUsa0mEQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va2cs3VDOA8 (my favorite)

Rahzadan
Rahzadan
Cucumber
Cucumber

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Wed 23 Nov 2016 - 2:49

Yep, that's what he did, I just heard back from him.  Sounds like we're both talking to him at the same time, I hope he doesn't think we're tag-teaming him and feel pestered :/

Edit: okay, so the final word at this point is that it is going to take a considerable amount of time (i.e. several months) because he doesn't want to go to the trouble of a simple re-encode without also doing some other work on the tracks. So I'm going to go ahead and convert the existing .mp3's as-is so at least we have something for the folks who don't want to pay $25 for Blake Robinson's soundtrack, and then down the road if he finishes it, I'll revisit it and update the track pack.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rahzadan Fri 21 Apr 2017 - 0:00

qwerty,

Did you ever hear back from Dracula9AntiChapel about proper lossless FLACs and not just MP3s that were converted to FLAC (and look proper when run through Spectro?)
Rahzadan
Rahzadan
Cucumber
Cucumber

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Fri 21 Apr 2017 - 0:10

Yep, see the corrected audio thread.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down