Final Fantasy VI (J) / Final Fantasy III (US)

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Final Fantasy VI (J) /  Final Fantasy III (US) - Page 3 Empty Final Fantasy VI (J) / Final Fantasy III (US)

Dancing Mad 'Final' Beta (installer by Insidious611):
Code:
https://github.com/Insidious611/DancingMadFF6/releases

Original Thread/Installer:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16077.0

Also, 100% compatible with the Ted Woolsey Uncensor/retranslation patch.

------
Optional: Piano PCM Pack by edale:
Code:
PCM pack: https://mega.nz/file/HAp0kQwT#QA2-WGrK2KpMRkPrdpKludpkYXL_iXR4MBjAZYPExXU
Youtube Source

Optional: Final Fantasy VI (Pixel Remaster) PCMs by Brutapode, touched up by edale:
Code:
PCM pack: https://mega.nz/file/wOABQILL#9nRRGBcEGG6cQmCSDUoGyS4l1nhmEuFlg2MJFOiB-wg

Optional: Synthetic Origins PCM Pack by edale:
Code:
PCM pack: https://mega.nz/file/3JAVhZZB#9tjKzhNC7mNVJb2dsvllvfbmuHi73GW8On5uCIPP66Q
Youtube Source

----
The following patches are now included as optional components in the Installer, there's no need to download them separately:

Optional Cut Songs Restoration by Edale:
https://mega.nz/#F!PJZg1IRb!kS3ECIgKhAkc-qHWkVGRAg
(apply this after running Dancing Mad's installer)
The Cut Songs Restoration mod seamlessly reintroduces 4 songs that were cut from FFVI in development, and later released in the FFVI Special Tracks Album, without removing any of the existing tracks. Mod created by edale, with help from Insidious661 and mziab.

Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition by Rodimus Primal
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1386

Optional FFVI Music Player by Madsiur
https://mega.nz/#!3UR0nShJ!6V6FlV9kgMGIztJ5oGjS8C1QoojhaOrxtdtqZzP5crM
This is the same as the Music Player included with the Ted Woolsey patch, but fixed to work properly with the MSU patch. Contains patches for both the normal Dancing Mad patch, and one that includes the extra songs from Edale's Cut Songs Restoration patch.

------

If using the MSU patch alongside the Brave New World patch, ONE of these PCM should be added to your PCM set, use whichever version matches the rest of your musical selection best:

The Black Mages (metal): https://mega.nz/file/eEg0RDrb#RFqDE7MXfx6TQV-RTmWnk98I5SY0GWk5mBZKMmqcjFA

Mathew Valente (Synthetic Origins): https://mega.nz/file/LQwgAR7Y#nTLVhFyVlJ7JqrZfFY8FDmbPAkInHXNLxwIAmDqKZxo

------

As of Hotfix 4, The installer will apply the MSU-1 patch to any unmodded version of the game (US 1.0, 1.1, or JP), BUT it will only let you install the optional components on a US1.0 ROM. The Ted Woolsey patch isn't compatible with the 1.1 or JP ROMs; testing is still required to see if the other 2 optional mods are compatible with a 1.1 or JP ROM, but their installation has been disabled for now to be safe.

------

Update 3/16/2020: The fileserver mirrors have been changed, if you have an older version of the installer, please grab a new copy.

Last edited by edale on Sat 4 May 2024 - 17:56; edited 16 times in total (Reason for editing : update)
edale

Final Fantasy VI (J) /  Final Fantasy III (US) - Page 3 Image110

Since : 2017-10-03

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Final Fantasy VI (J) / Final Fantasy III (US) :: Comments

Post Thu 19 Apr 2018 - 4:12 by edale

So it was brought to Insidious and my attention that Sean Schafianski (SSC option in the installer) actually had a partially completed Disk 2 for his remaster.
https://soundcloud.com/sschafi1/sets/ongoing-final-fantasy-vi-remastered-soundtrack-disc-2

The tracks will probably be added with the next hotfix Insidious releases, but in the meanwhile, here they are:
https://mega.nz/#!SVYyyCxR!9nb0okEsbo3N0-e-zSd2ynjqs-FcBfFs1yaCkIVhpyQ

In particular the version of Another World of Beasts is amazing.

Back to top Go down

Leonardo_BVB@hotmail.com

Post Thu 17 May 2018 - 13:10 by Leonardo_BVB@hotmail.com

Version 2.01 of Ted's hack is already out. I hope it is integrated soon in the patcher! :-)

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 18 May 2018 - 1:24 by edale

Leonardo_BVB@hotmail.com wrote:Version 2.01 of Ted's hack is already out. I hope it is integrated soon in the patcher! :-)
I don't know when Insidious will get around to updating it, but that would literally just be swapping out the IPS on the download servers, wouldn't even require a hotfix.

You can manually apply the new version of TWUE by:

Installing Dancing Mad through the installer.
Do not select to install the music player if you want it, we'll do that later.
You can select the Cut Songs Restoration mod if you like.

Now apply the new TWUE patch to the MSU-1 patched ROM.

If you want the Music Player mod as well:
http://www.somebodyelsesproblem.org/ff6data/contrib/
Grab the IPS from there.
mplayer-main-nh.ips for without the Cut Songs Restoration mod.
mplayer-csr-main-nh.ips for with the Cut Songs Restoration mod.
DO NOT use the Music Player patch included with TWUE, it has a compatibility issue with the MSU-1 mod (and there's no CSR version).

The Music Player mod must be applied after TWUE is applied because of an issue with one of the bugfixes (the relevant bugfix will still work after the Music Player mod is applied).

Part of the reason there are so many optional components in the installer is because with some of the patches patching order matters, so automating it simplifies things greatly for the end-user.

Back to top Go down

Leonardo_BVB@hotmail.com

Post Fri 18 May 2018 - 16:23 by Leonardo_BVB@hotmail.com

Thanks! That is what I did and seems to work allright

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 3 Sep 2018 - 21:28 by edale

New update!
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16077.msg259081#msg259081 wrote:
So, I absolutely missed my original deadline of the end of june, by a few months. This is why I don't generally like making deadlines Razz

*but*

I am happy to announce the release of
Dancing Mad Final Beta Hotfix Three

There's a *lot* of bug fixes and new stuff in this version, much of which I'm very excited to get into your hands. Here's a summary taken from the Readme for the installer itself:

Fixed Bugs

* A workaround for the issue where the wrong song plays during some of Shadow's cutscenes was implemented. The wrong song may still play for a split second.
* Installer is now usable without manually resizing the window on High DPI systems.
* Patch now uses a more recent version of wla-dx assembler.
* Phantom Train track now behaves correctly, playing train noises until the music is called for.
* Select-a-scenario menu is now properly silent, instead of playing the last song played.
* Patch is now compatible with ExHIROM patches.
* Installer no longer freezes while testing for the status of mirrors.
* Minor packaging fixes.
* Unused files removed from GitHub tree.

New Features

* Dancing Mad MSU-1 now works along with the Brave New World patch (apply after install). Technical details of this support are that state variables had to be moved to a different place in RAM so as not to conflict with BNW's state variables.
* Five different versions of the opera are now available! These include new versions The Black Mages, Distant Worlds concert and More Friends Concert, as well as the existing Game Music Concert 4 and OST versions. See section 2 for details.
* Installer is now capable of previewing songs! Currently support is only enabled for the Opera selections, but once previews are available for all tracks, a "preview" button will be available in the "custom track" selection table.
* Installer now checks for pre-existing PCM files in the install directory. If these are found, they are compared against the files on the server. Upon a match, the download is skipped. This enables updating your version of Dancing Mad or changing your selection of tracks without redownloading a large number of files.
* Sean Schafianski's "Disc 2" tracks now available to be downloaded/installed.
* Installer now outputs a log to dancing-mad-installer.log in your home directory (e.g., C:\Users\yourusername). Please attach this when reporting installer bugs!

And just to update people, here are the still existing known bugs/issues:

* NOT A BUG - On older versions of BSNES and older SD2SNES firmware, area music will restart after battles. Please see the thread on qhimm.com for discussion of this issue. Area music *will* resume on Higan v096 and later, bsnes-plus, snes9x-msu, and latest SD2SNES firmwares, due to updates to the MSU-1 code. I will not workaround nor fix resume support on earlier versions of Higan or BSNES.
* Tracks do not smoothly fade. Implementing this requires precise NMI timing and is a continuing project. Contributions welcome.
* Installer may look strange on High DPI systems (4K displays, 1080p laptops with small screens). It should at the very least be usable now, but for best effect please use the compatibility settings in Windows to set the DancingMadInstaller.exe to System instead of Application scaling.
* Music may revert to SPC after certain scenes. Known scenes mostly involve the Coin Song and the Figaro theme.

One thing I failed to note in the readme is that the latest versions of snes9x support the MSU-1 natively! No more need to download a specific MSU-1 version of Snes9x.

Downloads!

Windows AMD64 (64-bit) (if you're not sure, this is what you want)

Windows i386 (32-bit)

Linux/OSX/etc.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 4 Sep 2018 - 20:46 by edale

And one more piece of news. Apparently the current code works as-is on the USv1.1 and JP ROMs (we don't know if this holds true for the optional components, but the TWUE mod definitely won't work on anything but the USv1.0 ROM). The installer has been updated to accept all 3 versions of the ROM.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 30 Dec 2018 - 18:30 by WMJ

My 2 cents.

I've tried the latest patch with the DancingMadInstaller on my SD2SNES but it freezes at the first battle. The MSU-1 battle music plays but the screen stays black. There are 2 battles optional for the first battle but the same thing happens.

Used the USv1.1 version patched with the installer. Also, latest 1.9 SD2SNES Firmware on a Super Famicom.

Anyway, looking forward to this project because it's one of my favorite games Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 6 Jan 2019 - 8:32 by Insidious611

The above bug has now been fixed. It was caused by unintentionally allowing users to patch V1.1 or J ROMs with unsupported optional patches (the culprit in particular here is TWUE which is only designed for V1.0 ROMs)

I have tested that the above problem with battles does not happen in 1.1 or J with the current release (Hotfix Four) which prevents installing incompatible patches (at least through the installer).

The following is a crosspost from the qhimm/rhdn threads:

Just released Hotfix Four here (Click here for a direct link to the Windows 64-bit installer).

Fixes issues with 1.1 and Japanese roms, notably that the installer was allowing people to choose optional patches that would not work on these ROMs. The reported bug on 1.1 (freeze during/after battle) not present in testing without a combination of 1.1 and TWUE.

tl;dr: US V1.1 and Japanese ROMs should now work, but will not let you apply incompatible patches.

If you are already using Dancing Mad on a US V1.0 ROM, there is no reason to update.

Last edited by Insidious611 on Sun 6 Jan 2019 - 8:34; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding link to release, xpost from qhimm.)

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 13 Mar 2020 - 20:25 by VVV18

Hi people...

The three mirrors for downloads no longer work for me,
I can't download the PCM's,
( Error: cURL Error: The requested URL returned error: 403 Forbidden )
This is what appears to me...
Is it possible to see a solution?
Sorry for my English-Google Translate

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 13 Mar 2020 - 21:09 by edale

VVV18 wrote:Hi people...

The three mirrors for downloads no longer work for me,
I can't download the PCM's,
( Error: cURL Error: The requested URL returned error: 403 Forbidden )
This is what appears to me...
Is it possible to see a solution?
Sorry for my English-Google Translate
The data servers have changed, Insidious hasn't pushed the update to the installer yet. These are the new data servers:

http://bigfuckin.rocks/ff6data/
http://shodan.dev/ff6data/
and
https://most.conspicuous.network/ff6data/

I'll post when the installer is updated.

---

*edit- The installer isn't updated yet, but should be working now. The final fallback URL was a cloudfront one, and that somehow got it's configuration messed up, but has been fixed now.

Insidious HAS made the relevant changes to the installer's code, but wants to test to make sure it didn't break anything before publishing the update.

Last edited by edale on Fri 13 Mar 2020 - 21:29; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 13 Mar 2020 - 21:21 by VVV18

Going to the tests !!!
Thank you so much!!!

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 13 Mar 2020 - 21:34 by Insidious611

Hi!

New installers will be up soon, may take a couple days, sorry, am incredibly busy atm.

For the moment, anybody having issues installing should extract the installer using 7-zip (just open the EXE as if it were a normal archive, which it is, it's just a self-extractor), extract the contents to a directory, and then replace mirrors.dat with the following:

https://github.com/Insidious611/DancingMadFF6/raw/master/installer/mirrors.dat

The Amazon mirror should also be working now as a fallback even if you don't do that, there were permissions issues on Amazon S3.

fwiw I am soon (read as "sometime in the next year maybe", Uni is kicking my ass) planning on releasing versions of the installer that come with all the PCMs for specific presets already downloaded, so that anybody using e.g. my selections or just the OCRemix tracks or w/e can just download one big (and I do mean big) file that will work even if my mirrors are down.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 15 Mar 2020 - 18:39 by VVV18

I downloaded everything ...
Thank you for the excellent work !!!
It's perfect and congratulations on the work of everyone involved.

I'm using Google Translator...
Sorry for any mistakes.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 15 Mar 2020 - 20:18 by edale

VVV18 wrote:I'm using Google Translator...
Sorry for any mistakes.
Out of curiosity, what is your native language? If there's a translation patch for your native language, I can do some quick testing to see if it's compatible with the MSU-1 mod.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 16 Mar 2020 - 6:53 by Conn

@Insidious611
I am not sure whether you still critically need help, I posted at https://github.com/Insidious611/DancingMadFF6/issues/5 how you can enable fading. It's almost everything in there when looking at your code, you just need an additional fade flag at  

Code:
.DEFINE FadeFlag $130B

Code:

FadeHandle:
    lda #$01
    STA FadeFlag ; set fadeOut flag
    STZ PlayCommand
    jmp OriginalCommand

nmi:
Code:
nmi hook:
org $C10BB7
JSL nmi

freespace:
Code:
LDA $004210 ; native code (4210 is read only to erase the counter I think, no need to pha or anything)
LDA $7E130b; check fadeflag (read in 24 bit!)
BNE $01
RTL   ; since nmi is frequently executed you want to return early if it is 00
cmp #$01
beq fadeOut
LDA #$00 ; catch error if it has a value you do not want
STA $7E130b
RTL

fadeOut:
lda $7e1302 ; volume value (24bit)
CMP #$00
BEQ endFadeOut
dec  ; the number of decs influences the fade out speed
dec
dec
cmp #$10 ; when hit 10, mute
bcs $06
endFadeOut:
lda #$00
sta $7e130b ;erase fade flag
sta $002006 ;new volume level !24 bit, since it is also sta $004210 instead sta $4210 in the hook
sta $7e1302 ; new volume level
RTL

Also, when writing a new track to 2004, you should erase the fadeFlag:

Code:
   lda PlayTrack
    sta MSUTrack
    stz 130b ;erase fade flag

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 16 Mar 2020 - 19:09 by edale

I don't know all the issues with fading, but I do know the NMI timing was really tight in some places, and trying to implement fading was causing bad slowdowns at points... but I've not been privy to any of the testing Insidious has done for fading, so don't know much...

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 16 Mar 2020 - 19:17 by Insidious611

To be honest, the testing on my end has been minimal, as others have largely taken up trying to get this working. But most have kind of disappeared after stating that they got slowdowns, freezes, graphical glitches, or input problems after trying to implement an NMI routine much like the one you suggested.

Although, your routine is actually not really sufficient for the way FF6 handles its volume as written. It seems to be assuming that you're fading from 0 to full and full to 0 at all times, whereas Final Fantasy frequently requests fading to and from arbitrary volume values. This is part of the thing that increases the size of the NMI routine and leads to issues.

Unrelatedly, I am uploading a very quick fix to update the mirrors.dat as we speak. I'm not counting this is as a new release, as the only change is the mirror list.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 16 Mar 2020 - 19:31 by Conn

I see, I do not know the game at all. If you get spc commands like 81 for fade full for all arbitrary volume levels, it might get a delay to test them all in the nmi routine
Code:
cmp #$01
beq fadeOut
cmp #$02
beq fadefull
cmp #$03
beq fadeHalf
cmp #$04
beq ... ....

I didn't test my code at all, to do this I'd need all possible fades and savestates with places where they occur, so it was only a suggestion. But since other people already tested similar codes, I'd think it is of no avail, so don't mind Smile

Edit, on a second thought, you'd need only a fade down and fade up routine if you know where to fade to (01 for fade down, 02 for fadeup, and the value to fade to in the handler, like:

fadeOut:
cmp #$10 ; when hit 10, mute
cmp fadeValue
bcs $06
endFadeOut:

fadeFull:
cmp #$fb ; when fb or greater set to max
cmp fadeValue
bcc $08

This would take less nmi... but as said... I am not involved in the code of FF6

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 16 Mar 2020 - 19:48 by Insidious611

Don't get me wrong, btw, I'm grateful for your contribution! I may start a branch of my own playing with the code you've submitted because it's a bit easier for me to understand than a lot of the others I've had submitted so far. But I don't expect miracles as far as the NMI routine fitting without causing issues.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 16 Mar 2020 - 20:03 by Conn

Out of my experience, I added fading to a lot of games... it was never the length of the nmi routine. In SMW2-Yoshis Island, I made both irq and nmi and that irq issued a bug, in earthbound I got help from ikari:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1931p25-earthbound
there were issues with hdma and such stuff so I had to hook somewhere else.

If you open a branch, I'll happily contribute and test if you like Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 16 Mar 2020 - 20:27 by edale

The updated installer has been published on GitHub. If you have an older copy of the installer, please grab a new one with the new fileserver URLs.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 16 Mar 2020 - 21:52 by Insidious611

Apologies that the installers have gotten bigger btw, my usual deduplication of DLLs for QT caused the installer to fail to run for me so I just decided to stop doing so.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 17 Mar 2020 - 19:10 by Insidious611

Just letting people know that the shodan.dev mirror (mirror #2 on the list) is likely to go down for a couple days as the VM its on is moved from one server to another.

This should have minimal impact on the installer as the main mirror (bigfuckin.rocks) is up and functioning fine, as are the two third party mirrors. However, it may lead to slightly longer install times should the installer need to fall back to mirrors #3 or #4.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 23 May 2020 - 16:05 by VVV18

edale wrote:
Sorry for any mistakes.
Out of curiosity, what is your native language? If there's a translation patch for your native language, I can do some quick testing to see if it's compatible with the MSU-1 mod.

Hello...
Sorry for the delay!
I managed to get all versions.
Thank you.
Ah: my language is Brazilian Portuguese.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 23 May 2020 - 17:25 by edale

VVV18 wrote:
edale wrote:
Sorry for any mistakes.

Hello...
Sorry for the delay!
I managed to get all versions.
Thank you.
Ah: my language is Brazilian Portuguese.
There's a 90% done Portuguese translation here:
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1978/
It should be compatible with the MSU mod.

That patch requires the ROM have a header, so I converted it to one that works on a headerless ROM:
https://mega.nz/file/Wco1harJ#8hvj6MzuVI04dBeCicRckmPov1wSy5PO5uDG8rGuUpk

Use the Dancing Mad installer, without the Ted Woolsey retranslation patch option, on an unmodified unheadered FFVI 1.0 ROM, then apply this patch on top of it, and you should be good to go for Portuguese FFVI with MSU-1 music.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next