Open hyrule caslte?

Go down

Open hyrule caslte? Empty Open hyrule caslte?

Post by smashbro596 Fri 6 Oct 2017 - 16:40

In a link to the past, beating agahnim at hyrule castle will for no explained reason premanently make the interiors of hyrule castle inaccessible.
is there a way one can open back up the castle for me to go in and out of?

smashbro596
Bee
Bee

Since : 2017-10-06

Back to top Go down

Open hyrule caslte? Empty Re: Open hyrule caslte?

Post by qwertymodo Fri 6 Oct 2017 - 16:44

I'm not sure what you mean about the interiors being inaccessible, you can enter the castle any time you want. Yes, there is the dark world warp inside the castle gate, but you can use the magic mirror to get inside the courtyard (or just use the original hidden entrance), and just walk right into the doors normally.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Open hyrule caslte? Image212

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by smashbro596 Fri 6 Oct 2017 - 16:48

yes I can get past the dark world portal. but the doors that lead INSIDE the castle are locked after defeating agahnim.

smashbro596
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Fri 6 Oct 2017 - 16:58

smashbro596 wrote:yes I can get past the dark world portal. but the doors that lead INSIDE the castle are locked after defeating agahnim.

If I remember correctly that should only apply to the tower entrance, since going back in would probably lead to bugs.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Open hyrule caslte? Image213

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by smashbro596 Fri 6 Oct 2017 - 17:03

SunGodPortal wrote:
smashbro596 wrote:yes I can get past the dark world portal. but the doors that lead INSIDE the castle are locked after defeating agahnim.

If I remember correctly that should only apply to the tower entrance, since going back in would probably lead to bugs.

i literally just tested it. ALL interiors of hyrule castle are locked after beating agahnim.

smashbro596
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Fri 6 Oct 2017 - 17:28

My apologies, my memory was apparently incorrect on that. I just went ahead and tested and sure enough, you can't get in. Interesting.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Open hyrule caslte? Image212

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 6 Oct 2017 - 17:38

i literally just tested it. ALL interiors of hyrule castle are locked after beating agahnim.
Yes, they are, and it must be so, otherwise (if you enter) the game would come a paradox, if you climb the tower again and enter the room, where Agahnim was.

Nintendo wanted to make sure, you do not enter this dungeon again, and came up with special ASM to lock the doors. This is why all 3 doors are special ones and have to "be opened" before you can enter, rather than being just a hole in the wall, like for instance caves.

Of course you can manipulate this code/ASM, by going to the hex address 0DBC9E (if file has no header), and change the 2 bytes: B0 21 to EA EA (no operation).

This will keep the castle doors always open even after you beat Agahnim, but this can lead to possible bugs, or at least false/unplanned game-play.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 6 Oct 2017 - 18:14

beating agahnim at hyrule castle will for no explained reason premanently make the interiors of hyrule castle inaccessible
Main reason is Agahnim room itself. I think something bugs out if you revisit this room: either a false pendant/crystal drop or soft lock/perma stuck, which is possible, since don't necessary have the Mirror yet to warp to the entrance again.

See the problem is, once you defeat Agahnim a complex ASM is loaded in which you get teleported to the dark world pyramid. Now that there is no Agahnim, the game might be confused on what to do when you reenter (and he is defeated already). The game should repeat the cycle and bring you to the dark world again (but it doesn't).

EDIT:

Ok it's confirmed now, it is the false Ether drop if reentering:
Open hyrule caslte? Z300010

Last edited by Puzzledude on Fri 6 Oct 2017 - 18:18; edited 1 time in total
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by smashbro596 Fri 6 Oct 2017 - 18:14

Puzzledude wrote:
beating agahnim at hyrule castle will for no explained reason premanently make the interiors of hyrule castle inaccessible
Main reason is Agahnim room itself. I think something bugs out if you revisit this room: either a false pendant/crystal drop or soft lock/perma stuck, which is possible, since don't necessary have the Mirror yet to warp to the entrance again.

See the problem is, once you defeat Agahnim a complex ASM is loaded in which you get teleported to the dark world pyramid. Now that there is no Agahnim, the game might be confused on what to do when you reenter (and he is defeated already). The game should repeat the cycle and bring you to the dark world again (but it doesn't).

EDIT:

Ok it's confirmed now, it is the false Ether drop if reentering, plus perma stuck in the room if no Mirror:

by the point where you face agahnim, you should have the magic mirror.
any way we can get a link?

smashbro596
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 6 Oct 2017 - 18:17

Oh, yea exactly.

The all-in ASM? That's working again:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/all-in_ips.zip
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by smashbro596 Fri 6 Oct 2017 - 18:22

Puzzledude wrote:
Oh, yea exactly.

The all-in ASM? That's working again:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/all-in_ips.zip

i mean a patch with hyrule castle opened post agahnim.
...i am also thinking i'd like a standalone hurricane spin patch that is enabled by default for alttp.

smashbro596
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 6 Oct 2017 - 18:34

i mean a patch with hyrule castle opened post agahnim.
But you don't need a patch for that, its just a 2 byte change. Having a patch for just 2 bytes seems unnecessary.

Just open the Rom in a hex editor and go to 0DBC9E (if file has no header), and change the 2 bytes: B0 21 to EA EA (no operation).

This will take you just a few seconds. If the file has a header, delete the first 200 bytes with value 00 in hex at the beginning of the file first, which will again take only a few seconds.

...i am also thinking i'd like a standalone hurricane spin
I don't think you'll get this though, since Conn wanted to merge everything with a reason of code overwrites if the patches were separated.

Otherwise its here:
https://www.zeldix.net/t386-brand-new-items-hack

once you unzip this, go to 24all or native all,
then unzip "oldsingle" zip. There should be gp_24items patch in there, which contains the gold potion/huricane spin code separately. I don't think this is tested though.

But obviously you also need to fix some monologues with HM afterwards, and fix the potion gfx manually, like stated by the doc instruction file.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by wizzrobemaster Fri 22 Dec 2017 - 18:33

Puzzledude wrote:

EDIT:

Ok it's confirmed now, it is the false Ether drop if reentering:

I remember first encountering this issue in the GBA port when using the mirror glitch.

Does the Ether Medallion code share the same event trigger when obtaining it on Death Mountain? If not, is there a hex address where you can change this to a rupee or magic jar?

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Since : 2015-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 23 Dec 2017 - 14:15

Does the Ether Medallion code share the same event trigger when obtaining it on Death Mountain?
No.

If not, is there a hex address where you can change this to a rupee or magic jar?
This is a lot more complex than you think. You need to load the GFX also. This is not an "easy hex edit". I suggest you ask the speedrunning/randomizer community, since they are specialized in that. And as you can see, Karkat's randomizer was coded with a very extensive ASM to be able to pul this off what you want.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down