Secret of Mana Script for converting the Remaster Soundtrack

Go down

Secret of Mana Script for converting the Remaster Soundtrack Empty Secret of Mana Script for converting the Remaster Soundtrack

Post by emuandco Sun 25 Mar 2018 - 10:44

Today I present ya a lil experiment I made while a was a bit bored.
You all know and maybe like the new Soundtrack from Secret of Mana Remaster available on Steam. If that's the case and you even own it legally, this one is for you.

What it does:
- Converts all needed sk20**.win.sab files to WAV as single looped and not fading out. (used tool: vgmstream)
- Allows you to select the two hidden alternate versions of "Danger" and "The Oracle" which I prefer over the default ones tbh.
- Normalizes the whole soundtrack with the recommended settings from Colines aka "-a -21dBFS" (used tool: normalize)
- Splits the intro sound to two separate files needed for the SNES ROM. (Track 44 and 45 aka "Mysterious Moaning" and "Angel's Fear") (used tool: SoX)
- Converts the WAV files to fully looped MSU-1 PCM files. (used tool: wav2msu) Nice funfact about the .win.sab file format: These files contain the perfect loop sample numbers in their header.
- Adds missing sounds for "Cannon Travel Launch" and "New Contient Rises") made by me. And because everyone seems to do so, added the unused Jingle tracks 33 and 35 too.
- Added silence trimming to track 7 "Close your Eyelids" (-1 sec at start) and track 43 "In the Darkness' Depths" (-4 sec at start) to make em at least fit better in the shorter sequences of the original game.

All tools included, just throw this stuff into your Secret of Mana root folder and wait a bit.

d/l: HERE

Bugs:
- Some sounds are simply too long to fit to some of the original cutscenes. Hard to fix this...
- You tell me^^

Last edited by emuandco on Tue 29 Jan 2019 - 7:03; edited 1 time in total
emuandco
emuandco

Secret of Mana Script for converting the Remaster Soundtrack Image213

Since : 2014-10-20

http://www.dreimer.de

Back to top Go down

Secret of Mana Script for converting the Remaster Soundtrack Empty Re: Secret of Mana Script for converting the Remaster Soundtrack

Post by emuandco Mon 23 Apr 2018 - 7:10

Anyone tried it? So silent here... ^^
emuandco
emuandco

Back to top Go down

Secret of Mana Script for converting the Remaster Soundtrack Empty Re: Secret of Mana Script for converting the Remaster Soundtrack

Post by emuandco Sat 27 Apr 2019 - 11:53

OK, no reply, thus I asked Conn if I can post a premade one and he said... Sure:

https://dreimer.eu/msu/SOMRemaster.7z

I am all open to bugs, but as already said... the music was made for the Remaster version and thus a few tracks WILL be too long (even after some splitting and cutting silence) and thus it will be hard to fix that few occasions where this will happen.

This version was made with both the ORIGINAL and the
hidden ALTERNATE versions of "Danger" "The Oracle". Check track 4 and 12 and then rename them by removing the a or o to choose the one you want.
emuandco
emuandco

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 27 Apr 2019 - 17:45

I added your set to the first post in the official database:
https://www.zeldix.net/t798-secret-of-mana

Let me know if I put it correctly. Thanks!

Conn
Conn

Secret of Mana Script for converting the Remaster Soundtrack Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 28 Apr 2019 - 8:29

emuandco just messaged me that's the same as qwerty's remake so I took it down again
Conn
Conn

Secret of Mana Script for converting the Remaster Soundtrack Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Secret of Mana Script for converting the Remaster Soundtrack Empty Edited MSU Converter Script for ORIGINAL Music

Post by PabloGaldini Sat 18 Jan 2020 - 4:49

[UPDATED DOWNLOAD LINK AFTER ONE YEAR OF FORGETTING ABOUT THIS PROJECT- SORRY!!]

Hi everyone,

after seeing the phenomenal work done by emuandco on his MSU Converter Script for using the Secret of Mana Remake Soundtrack as MSU-1, I decided to re-write the script to make the following possible:

- Using the ORIGINAL SPC soundtrack for Secret of Mana, but thanks to the power of MSU-1 finally without the music sound channel cut-outs that happen frequently when any other sounds (sfx from fighting, running) are played.

- As I personally prefer the original SPC music over any other SOM MSU-1 music pack I have found, this is for all of you that want to experience the original music as originally intended by the composer.

CHANGES FROM EMUANDCO's VERSION:

- REMOVED the following MSU-1 sounds, so the game falls back on the actual SPC in the ROM, due to inconsistent playback, missing sounds or simply because they didn't fit as well (you don't lose anything, as the SNES simply plays the original sound from the ROM, which is what all of these MSU-1 tracks sound like anyway):

07 = Close your Eyelids (converted MSU-1 version would cut off first few notes)
18 = Menu music (converted MSU-1 version got really loud after a few seconds)
25 = Cannon Travel Launch (SFX) (custom sound by emuandco for the REMASTER, but sounded inconsistend with the SPC soundtrack)
26 = Cannon Travel Flying (SFX) (timing of the converted MSU-1 didn't match the length/timing of characters flying)
30 = New Continent Rises (SFX) (custom sound by emuandco for the REMASTER, but sounded inconsistend with the SPC soundtrack)
43 = In the Darkness' Depths (The Dead of Night) (converted MSU-1 version had the wrong timing for the SFX that plays at the end of this opening cutscene; also: original SPC version just sounds better)

WHAT YOU NEED:
- an official copy of the PC version of the Secret of Mana Remake
- the edited converter script
- the MSU-1 patch for Secret of Mana from DarkShock
- OPTIONAL: Secret of Mana Turbo patch (which is what I did all my testing on)

DOWNLOAD LINK:
https://mega.nz/file/9nh0CLZR#r8cmW-OL6nrLgUaz5hO-HKO0hf7P68Vw8ZTHqr2-Qko

(I also have a pre-made version of the MSU pack, but I'm not sure it's allowed to be posted here)

ALL CREDIT GOES TO emuandco FOR THIS AWESOME TOOL!!!
(all I did was re-write the script with new loop values and file paths)

Last edited by PabloGaldini on Sat 20 Feb 2021 - 9:06; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Re-uploaded the converter script)

PabloGaldini
Newcomer

Since : 2020-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by tcianci Mon 23 Nov 2020 - 13:00

=( PabloGaldini's solution seemed to be the optimal one to me since I loved the original soundtrack and only wanted to play the game without the sound channels being cut due to effects, but his link is down.

I don't have enough knowledge to make the necessary PCMs, so I'm posting this to see if any charitable soul could make a new link or version of a MSU soundtrack with the original SPCs.

tcianci
Newcomer

Since : 2020-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Mon 23 Nov 2020 - 19:11

You could try this...

https://www.zeldix.net/t2106-console-bgm-rips

EDIT: Actually, Looping Audio Converter doesn't appear to like SPC files. I'll do up an SPC set for you today.
Relikk
Relikk

Secret of Mana Script for converting the Remaster Soundtrack Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Tue 24 Nov 2020 - 8:49

tcianci wrote:I don't have enough knowledge to make the necessary PCMs, so I'm posting this to see if any charitable soul could make a new link or version of a MSU soundtrack with the original SPCs.

Here you go...

https://mega.nz/file/l35lWYjb#QDF6fQ1DhyIEjEmR7j7L1DyHZkVNqOzpelv7ee5dySo

I don't know the game that well, but in the original SPC packs there is another version of some tracks with added echo/reverb, and only one can be used with the MSU1 hack. I've put "a" and "b" after each track number to distinguish between the two, so you can choose which one you prefer just by changing the name (removing "a" or "b"). They are all looped correctly, but since there is no track map with the loop information I've determined what should be looped based on what I heard in the track itself. Hopefully they're okay. I don't know how the volume is compared to the original as I don't have time to test it, but there are some tools on the forum that will adjust the volume for you. Based on the waveforms I saw while editing I would guess that they might be a bit loud, but they were taken from an SPC pack and they're usually at the correct volume. It remains to be seen, or heard.
Relikk
Relikk

Secret of Mana Script for converting the Remaster Soundtrack Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by tcianci Tue 24 Nov 2020 - 11:12

Thanks so much!

I've just downloaded it and it's awesome, works perfectly =]

Really, I'm very grateful that you made time to do this. Now I'll enjoy my SoM!

tcianci
Newcomer

Since : 2020-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by PabloGaldini Sat 20 Feb 2021 - 9:13

I've re-uploaded the "original SNES OST" converter script in my post above. Sorry for overlooking that the link went down, but originally when I posted my version of the tool, there wasn't much interest Smile

PabloGaldini
Newcomer

Since : 2020-01-18

Back to top Go down