Ys III - Wanderers from Ys

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ys III - Wanderers from Ys - Page 3 Empty Ys III - Wanderers from Ys

PepilloPEV MSU1 Patch v1.2.1 FINAL:
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2fckoo417lsb71x/ys3-msu1-patch-pepillopev-v1.2.1.zip/file

edale Ys III Perfect Collection Album
https://mega.nz/#!zBBEXBZZ!b2HVXomsX0u4KgbP7IgdlzNxp0xOGE_CjUbd5egRDJg

edale Wanderers from Ys TG-CD OST:
https://mega.nz/#!zFpViQAI!TEXwQnmGheYSD4GciSTZeZQPeYPKTeIXrd68X0hg9mo

Rockslam Ys III PS2 OST PCMs (fixed by edale)
https://mega.nz/#!CNZlSIYZ!uUhPaoqSjBeMSLawx7GXeosuo352Q7pxEIHEEkuFlmU

Last edited by pepillopev on Mon 25 May 2020 - 19:16; edited 27 times in total
pev

Ys III - Wanderers from Ys - Page 3 Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Ys III - Wanderers from Ys :: Comments

Post Sat 21 Apr 2018 - 18:51 by edale

Yes to both questions.

The chest jingle plays fine when I open a chest.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 21 Apr 2018 - 18:53 by pev

@edale I'm using the 32bit version of Qwerty's Snes9x. Give me a sec, I will try the 64bit version.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 21 Apr 2018 - 19:10 by pev

@edale Ahaa, I see now. It happens on the 64bit version of Snes9x (it works fine on Snes9x 32bit). At this point, all I can do is double check my patch code for any mistakes. If there were any, the "no jingle" issue would also affect BsnesPlus and Snes9x 32bit version.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 21 Apr 2018 - 19:29 by edale

Funny you should mention that... I just ran it on the x86 version... and it still didn't play the jungle after a boss...

Also, I can't seem to get the MSU-1 audio working when trying to run this in BSNES... Doesn't BSNES need a manifest file?

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 21 Apr 2018 - 19:31 by pev

@dale I'm using the non-XML version of BsnesPlus (that one requires no XML or manifest file, plays just like Snes9x).

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 21 Apr 2018 - 19:48 by edale

I have bsnes-plus-073.3a-x64, which looks like the newest one. What version is it you have?

Also, got that town music bug again after beating the lava area.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 21 Apr 2018 - 19:50 by pev

@edale I figured out what is causing the problem. The weird thing, is why it does not affect BsnesPlus and Snes9x 32bit. I got it working on 64bit now. I just have to test it some more.

My BsnesPlus has a release date of Jan 17, 2018. I got it from the link below:
http://www.emucr.com/2018/01/bsnes-plus-git-20180117.html

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 21 Apr 2018 - 20:09 by pev

@dale Ok, I figured it out. It was a weird one but after some careful tracing, discovered the cause. The new version 1.2 is available at the top (this should squash the no track 8 playing issue).

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 21 Apr 2018 - 20:12 by edale

Yep, that's about 2 years newer than my version of BSNES, lol.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 21 Apr 2018 - 20:14 by pev

@dale Don't feel bad, I did not even know I was running an old version of Qwerty's Snes9x, lol.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 21 Apr 2018 - 20:19 by edale

Erm... New version, every time I open a chest SNES9x crashes...

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 21 Apr 2018 - 20:22 by pev

@edale Is your computer possesed? Lol. It did not crash for me, but let me verify the that BPS patch file is correct.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 21 Apr 2018 - 20:32 by edale

Looks like it's any call to track 8, it'll play the jingle, then immediately crash.

Tested in the BSNES you linked me to, and it still happened.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 21 Apr 2018 - 20:33 by pev

@dale That was my mistake, I forgot a PLP command. Fixing it now.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 21 Apr 2018 - 20:46 by pev

@dale Ok, try the updated patch (just download version 1.2 again, I just plugged in an updated BPS file in the compressed file).

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 21 Apr 2018 - 21:03 by edale

And the jingle seems to work now,including after boss fights.

Although I'm still getting the town music bug. Seems to happen pretty much every time you go back to town right after saving the mayor on your first jaunt through the quarry.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 21 Apr 2018 - 21:05 by pev

@dale I will look into it at a later time. Your track8 bug hunt fried my circuits, for now. I'm going to get a beer and watch some Netflix.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 21 Apr 2018 - 21:08 by edale

NP, there's no rush. Kick back and relax.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 21 Apr 2018 - 21:38 by pev

@edale Just had a last minute brain storm for the town glitch, lol. I had to try it before I go to bed. Once again, download the patch and try it out (its still version 1.2 but with the new BPS patch inside). If the bug is still present, I will look into it tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 22 Apr 2018 - 0:02 by edale

Ys III TGCD PCM pack. It'll be like playing the TGCD version, but 5 times as hard! (seriously, max lvl, best weapon in the game, and a cheat to max out STR, with power ring equipped... and you can't one-shot enemies in the 3rd dungeon? WTF?)

https://mega.nz/#!zFpViQAI!TEXwQnmGheYSD4GciSTZeZQPeYPKTeIXrd68X0hg9mo

I'm all tested out for the day, played through this game at least 7 times over the past 2 days. I'll test the new patch tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 22 Apr 2018 - 5:49 by Conn

off topic, I made you pcm artist edale for FF3 releases and since you are going to make a pcm here as well Smile

Sounds great what you guys are cooking up here!

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 22 Apr 2018 - 6:04 by edale

Conn wrote:off topic, I made you pcm artist edale for FF3 releases and since you are going to make a pcm here as well Smile

Sounds great what you guys are cooking up here!
Hmm... PCM artist... It fits, given that short of testing that's all I can really contribute to MSU-1 modding (and I'm fairly decent at it too); and I'm more than happy to help making PCM packs for any projects that need it (or that catch my eye, like this one did...).

Speaking of which... Are there any other versions of Ys III that anyone wants the music converted for this? (other versions: PC-8801, PC-9801, MSX2, X68000, Famicom, Sega Genesis, PlayStation 2)

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 22 Apr 2018 - 13:13 by pev

@edale I tested the game using your TG-CD set and made it to the end w/o issues (no town bug and audio change glitches and so on...). If you want to do your own test run, go right ahead. If your test run goes well, then I consider this game as finished.

Once this matter is officially closed, I can go back to Jurassic Park.

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 22 Apr 2018 - 16:05 by edale

OK, I'll get another test runthrough of the game done and let you know if I hit that bug again.

What did you think of how I arranged the music for the opening sequences? It was really hard to figure out what songs to use there, because the one that was a direct representation of what the TGCD version did (which I used) doesn't quite fit with how the SNES version did the opening.

I also had some fun whipping up that wildcat effect for it, actually ended up mixing 3 different sound clips together to get a suitably demonic undertone to the actual wildcat's yell I used.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 22 Apr 2018 - 16:12 by pev

@dale I totally understand the difficulty with the YsIII opening. It just seems weird but only because I'm familiar with the TG-CD's YsIII opening sequence (much better than the SNES version by a lot).

As for the wildcat, I also did the same thing (mixing different sound clips together, including the crystal ball shatter and galgaban dying). I prefer your sample for the wild cat (fits the animal's appearance better).

Overall, it is nice that we have two sample sets for people to choose from. Thanks for the contribution. It was very good contribution, indeed.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next