Palette color change of certain items?

Go down

Palette color change of certain items? Empty Palette color change of certain items?

Post by K4yr4h Wed 29 Aug 2018 - 20:43

More or less following this guide: https://lthzelda.wordpress.com/2009/06/24/lz-3-intermediate-hyrule-magic/#Question3

I managed to edit the lvl0 shield into a dekushield similiar to the pw one. Palette color change of certain items? Screen10

now id like to copy the lvl1 shield from pw into vanilla, but pw uses more than 4 colors and hyrule magic only allows for 4, so how do i change the palette in another way?
K4yr4h
K4yr4h
Hardhat Beetle
Hardhat Beetle

Since : 2018-08-15

Back to top Go down

Palette color change of certain items? Empty Re: Palette color change of certain items?

Post by K4yr4h Thu 30 Aug 2018 - 5:31

ok, thanks to qwerty i found the correct palette. it shares some color with the swords. but after changing the shields, now my inventory is broken. also i dont know where to find the inventory shield palette

Palette color change of certain items? Screen11
Palette color change of certain items? Screen12
K4yr4h
K4yr4h
Hardhat Beetle
Hardhat Beetle

Back to top Go down

Palette color change of certain items? Empty Re: Palette color change of certain items?

Post by K4yr4h Thu 30 Aug 2018 - 15:16

ok, inventory fixed again. I found the inventory palette in misc. in HM. Unfortunately the colors that share each other dont match. Any idea how I can get the brown from the bag on the shield for example?
K4yr4h
K4yr4h
Hardhat Beetle
Hardhat Beetle

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 30 Aug 2018 - 16:14

I feel sorry that your thread is kind of a monologue, but I guess here are simply no experts when it comes to palette editing Sad
Conn
Conn

Palette color change of certain items? Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by K4yr4h Thu 30 Aug 2018 - 16:22

i just started the topic, so i still have hopes Confused
K4yr4h
K4yr4h
Hardhat Beetle
Hardhat Beetle

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 30 Aug 2018 - 18:29

also i dont know where to find the inventory shield palette
You don't. Inventory is different. It only has black, white and "colour", which is drawn in the GFX. Once it is drawn correctly (ie 8bit), you can only choose 1 colour. You can use the Compendium and under inventory editing you'll find how to search for the inventory code in the hex string. Once you find it the byte which loads the gfx will also contain the mirrored effects and the pal. You only have blue, red, green etc, your best bet is to use the orange/brown (ie use for powder). Same was done in PW.

ok, inventory fixed again. I found the inventory palette in misc. in HM. Unfortunately the colors that share each other dont match. Any idea how I can get the brown from the bag on the shield for example?
Like said before, can't be done with HM. In HM you only set the global inventory pals, which is best left alone. You need to find the hex string for the shield only. I think Spane found addresses for hex strings for the entire inventory (for each item, should be in compendium).

Shield as sprite should be editable via GFX editing and you should have 8 colours here (not sure).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Palette color change of certain items? Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down