Go down

Lufia 1 - Fortress of Doom Empty Lufia 1 - Fortress of Doom

Post by Conn Sun 28 Oct 2018 - 11:56

Project finished:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1881-lufia-1-fortress-of-doom-msu-1

if anybody is interested, attached is the asm for Lufia 1: Fortress of Doom

To map the themes, make a X breakpoint at 008E2F
$00/8E2F C2 20       REP #$20                A:001C

Then write the new value in A: (e.g., 1C is for the intro). There are no more than $24 tracks in the game.

There is also a spc fallback. Unfortunately there's also a code problem, the intro $1C can't be made to msu without the game crash. Means, leave $1c (pcm: -28) as spc fallback, give no track.
I do not know whether this problem is also present at other places (e.g., ending). I don't think I cna do anything here Sad
All other stuff appears alright though

Update:
There might be the chance that I fixed the intro problem. The problem is that the advancing is depending on the value of the apu, that is disabled in msu mode.
I found another counter that should work, but the intro now takes a bit longer (it does not match the apu sync), but this is the best I could make to enable $1C and $1B for msu use.

Please test this second test if the intro can be made suitable with this. Note that the intro pcm (1b (title) and 1c (intro)) must be made longer to match the new time...

Update:
now loop table entries
Bug Fixed (04/04/2019:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/lufia1_msu1.zip

Last edited by Conn on Fri 5 Apr 2019 - 6:12; edited 8 times in total
Conn
Conn

Lufia 1 - Fortress of Doom Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Lufia 1 - Fortress of Doom Empty Re: Lufia 1 - Fortress of Doom

Post by Conn Wed 7 Nov 2018 - 13:51

Out of curiousity since nobody jumped on that train yet... is it possible to get pcm for this game or are there problems (like no remakes available or such)?
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Wed 7 Nov 2018 - 19:03

There are no officially released arranged soundtracks, and there are no updated remakes of the game, like there was with Lufia 2.
Relikk
Relikk

Lufia 1 - Fortress of Doom Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Wed 7 Nov 2018 - 23:15

@Conn. I know this might sound like a dumb question, but is Lufia 1 a RPG game? The reason I ask is I had understood that a person cannot use cheat codes at all because its messes with the track listing correct. If cheat codes can be used, I would be more then happy to give it a shot for you. :-)
Polargames
Polargames

Lufia 1 - Fortress of Doom Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 8 Nov 2018 - 13:54

Lufia1 is of course rpg.
Cheat codes can be used on any game.

I found some youtubes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja60rt15jz8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-GIgpXqz-A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHmjfqiif4k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPuoDI4Qn-w

Maybe this here includes some more?
http://ocremix.org/game/156/lufia-and-the-fortress-of-doom-snes
http://ocremix.org/game/156/lufia-and-the-fortress-of-doom-snes/remixes

Ah well... maybe somebody can make a google doc and we can collect some themes. In the end we are also maybe able to use some themes from lufia2? Dunno...

Last edited by Conn on Fri 9 Nov 2018 - 5:02; edited 1 time in total
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Thu 8 Nov 2018 - 22:07

@Conn, Sweet Thank you for letting me know that. I will start on it asap for you. :-D
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 9 Nov 2018 - 5:10

Thnaks, let's see how that goes Very Happy
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Sun 11 Nov 2018 - 23:58

@Conn, I had forgot to ask you did you just want the music tracks maps or did you need a full game play? The reason I asked is because I stink at rpg's, but with cheats I think I can get threw it. I just wanted to ask you. Thanks and I hope you have a great day. :-D
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 12 Nov 2018 - 5:38

The complete playtest will first be necessary as soon the pcm:s are mapped and created... but I am not sure this can be reached (I only found 5 remastered tracks so far).

So you need to make a X breakpoint in bsnes at 008E2F and write the new track value in A (as soon the breakpoint is hit), then you hear the new theme and can map it (you also need to check whether it loops (plays forever or stops at a certain point):

Lufia 1 - Fortress of Doom Image223

Last track should be $24
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Mon 12 Nov 2018 - 13:51

Does this game have enough remastered sound tracks to be msu-1? I found somewhere around 12 on youtube but that is only like a third. Im certain i can find more if i looked though.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 12 Nov 2018 - 15:19

There are $24=36 tracks in the game. that you were able to find 12 remastered is impressive!
Maybe it wasn't all for naught. I just coded because it was so easy and similar to lufia2.
I hope there's a realistic chance that we can finish this hack. It has also spc fallback and maybe some lufia2 themes are so similar that they can be used?
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Mon 12 Nov 2018 - 23:47

Conn wrote:The complete playtest will first be necessary as soon the pcm:s are mapped and created... but I am not sure this can be reached (I only found 5 remastered tracks so far).

So you need to make a X breakpoint in bsnes at 008E2F and write the new track value in A (as soon the breakpoint is hit), then you hear the new theme and can map it (you also need to check whether it loops (plays forever or stops at a certain point):

Lufia 1 - Fortress of Doom Image223

Last track should be $24

Cool, thank you very much for the new info Conn. I will get right on it Very Happy
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Thu 15 Nov 2018 - 20:25

@Conn, I think I may have it done for you. I am not sure, the number 24 had poped up in the break so that's why I think I am done.
Code:
A:001c intro
A:0002 Skip intro
A:001c Made name, music continues as far as I can tell
A:001d game introduction music has stop with video, Non loop?
A:001d whent down stairs
A:0004 starting battle
A:001f battle over with
A:0004 went into castle coradoor
A:001a Went into blue hole
A:0018 First fight sintal
A:0016 the 4 sintals where beat by circle majic
A:0024 Recovering all of our team, Music I think is not looped?

I did my best on it, so if I am not done that is fine, just let me know where I need to look at. Hope you have a great day
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 15 Nov 2018 - 20:41

Great thank you Smile
I think however tracks 00-$24 (36 tracks in total) are used, I suggest above technique for mapping and finding the loop info. Maybe somebody wants to map the tracks in a doc file together with ost names and replacements, so we are maybe able to piece together (*nice smile at  jud6ment Wink )
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Fri 14 Dec 2018 - 14:06

Conn wrote:Great thank you Smile
I think however tracks 00-$24 (36 tracks in total) are used, I suggest above technique for mapping and finding the loop info. Maybe somebody wants to map the tracks in a doc file together with ost names and replacements, so we are maybe able to piece together (*nice smile at  jud6ment Wink )

Sorry i havent been on Zeldix lately to see this post, just been focusing finishing school semester. Each year a get a couple requests from friends to mod a nintendo wii with all the old school games and what not so there is some personal projects i have been wanting to do that i desire to get done before christmas so they are included on the wii's im giving out. So i will help out on this project sometime after christmas. Also, im planning to release some new msu pcm sets on christmas day. Im updating a few tracks for my dkc2 pcm set, working on a dkc1, f-zero, and mario allstar pcm set.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 14 Dec 2018 - 15:55

Oh wow, sounds awesome! If you like you and Relikk maybe can cooperate on Lufia 1 to find enough tracks (in case this is possible at least).
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Fri 14 Dec 2018 - 22:58

@Conn, I do have something to ask you. Why is it so hard to find remake of Lufia 1 music while the second one is almost everywhere? Was the first one that bad, from what I had played of it, I thought it was good. Maybe I am missing something on it?
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 15 Dec 2018 - 2:23

Can't tell, polar, I never really looked for music since I am no pcm artist.
@jud6ment: can you make a docx track map and gather all the music you found? Maybe we are lucky to find enough tracks so a release is possible. I think Secret of Evermore also had 70 tracks and we were able to substitute only half of them. Lufia 1 luckily has spc fallback.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Sat 15 Dec 2018 - 6:57

Polargames wrote:@Conn, I do have something to ask you. Why is it so hard to find remake of Lufia 1 music while the second one is almost everywhere? Was the first one that bad, from what I had played of it, I thought it was good. Maybe I am missing something on it?

There's no remake of the first Lufia game, but there has been a remake of Lufia 2, on the DS. I believe it has an arranged soundtrack, but I couldn't find it anywhere in the quality that I would prefer.

And as far as the availability of arranged soundtracks go, it seems Lufia 2 is regarded as the better game and has a better soundtrack, so it makes sense that there's more available for it than the first game.

I've searched for arranged versions for this Lufia, but found very little. I doubt it's possible to complete it.
Relikk
Relikk

Lufia 1 - Fortress of Doom Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Mon 17 Dec 2018 - 22:20

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkFI4o21V02-rGyhCTO411QzGEi5Gyc8I

Here is a link to my youtube playlist i did one night looking for the game. Some tracks are the same but some is a medley so it has more than one song in it. I seriously don't know how many tracks this makes up so far, haven't actually counted, but i would assume 12. I highly doubt we will get every track, but i bet we can get about 3/4th of the tracks msu1 and the rest be fall back. If we can get even just the towns and battle music it won't be a bad msu1, even not complete, since that makes up the majority of the game. Also, if someone knows which lufia songs are reused in later sequels it will greatly help the project, because i have never played any of these games
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 18 Dec 2018 - 5:48

Awesome! Much thanks for your work Smile
I'm sure we can pull something out of it. And yes, as said before, there are games like Secret of Evermore and Dr. Mario that were extremely hard to find tracks for them too. I'm quite hopeful now.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Tue 1 Jan 2019 - 14:36

So i discovered that Priphea Flowers Theme and The Last Battle theme both have remixes in Lufia 2. Also the main battle theme has a remix in Lufia Ruins of Lore and someone claimed that last game i mentioned he believed had more remixes if i search them out. That will help so we can look for remixes for some tracks for Lufia 2, which tends to have more arrangements and also has a remake. Im posting this here for a reminder for me for later. I am going to be taking a break from MSU and rom hacking for a few more weeks, there is personal things i need to get do first, but i will make sure this game gets some PCMs eventual and somewhat soon. I will keep gathering more tracks to be ready in the meantime.

Oh, and incase you didnt notice, someone has been very vigilant on youtube to making PCMs for Earthbound on youtube. He makes about two to three new showcase videos a week on youtube. Just thought i would tell you Conn if you didnt know because i would have hated if your hard work went to waste and it seemed like for awhile that project died. Glad progress is being made.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 1 Jan 2019 - 17:36

Thanks for the heads ups and taking care of the pcm, jud6ment Smile and no rush. If you need help though, I guess relikk is surely here for you. It's some work to make the track map, as soon I know which loop I can finish the patch. But alike earthbound, it's up to others to complete it, I'm just happy if my work isn't for naught Very Happy
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Tue 8 Jan 2019 - 5:39

Ok, did a deep search for Lufia 1 covers and found a bunch more. My guess that we will make 75% of this sound track msu-1 and the rest have to fallback on the ost is going to be about right. The good thing though is the majority of the music in a play through are the different battle themes, overworld map, and towns so even 75% of a sound track will sound like a bigger percentage during a playthrough.

So i do not have permission for the patch download and i can't seem to see the spread sheet for the music mapping link. Could you post me some links and i will start this project the next time i have some spare time to spend. Thank you.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 8 Jan 2019 - 5:46

Are you not able to download the luf1_test2.ZIP from the first post? That would be odd (I tested with a "normal user account and there it works).
There is no music mapping yet... Therefore I requested to make one some posts above Woot!!
Maybe Pev can provide a sheet where we can make the entries? I do not know how to set one up correctly. There are $24=36 tracks in the game. These must be mapped via the breakpoint technique described some posts above
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next