Alpha 1 CPS2 Arcade & Arranged Character Remixes Pack (by Relikk):
Code:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahue7izQZmouge1ZpXL6Maat4U40Bg

Original SPC Soundtrack Pack (by Relikk):
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!Mjg10aAR!ZO6of_Yf32VUlJ_MKom58nNIiVwwIwatrVhgGZfNEyo

Alpha 3 Pack (by Cyber_Yagami):
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/pdpgkschbo45k7l/Street_Fighter_Alpha_2_%28SFA3%29_MSU-1.7z/file

- Track Map -

Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16XaHd5GuETa66E4uoH-AdMzdcaTVdIV9_SXnM-RA4EI

- Changelog -

Code:
20221021:
---------
- Fixed a bug with MSU data file

20221013:
---------
- Fixed a bug where the game would freeze after the announcer says "FIGHT!" when facing Zangief as an opponent

20220902:
---------
- Now both "Z" sequences have all frames

20210621:
---------
- Fixed black screen crash after some fights
- Added Shin Akuma ranking portrait
- Added Shin Akuma lose portrait at continue/game over screen

20210620:
---------
- Implemented optimisations from Min
- Simplified Shin Akuma selection code (removed the P2 "L,X,Y + Start" check at title screen)

20210614:
---------
- Fixed Raging Demon while "Round X"
- Charlie Nash stage plane physics (code taken from arcade)
- Vs. screen fade mimics arcade
- Fixed hang on double KO

20210507:
---------
- Sound glitch before announcer says "Round 1" fixed
- When Sagat throws Dan's father, now Dan's father has gravity instead of going all the way up

20210425:
---------
- KO circle more frames
- Z phase 2 more frames
- All data from moveset, hitboxes and AI are transferred uncompressed to MSU file
for faster loading before Z phase 2
- Very good speed tweaks, 13 vlines at double frames
- Stop walking at KO (based on arcade rules)
- Shadow palette before intro taunt, not during "fight"
- RNG code taken from arcade

20210404:
---------
- Fixed win pose sound

20210328:
---------
- Sodom stage Japan artwork (Guy and Birdie are bigger and doesn't fit)
- Before stage select green scrolling bg doesn't stop
- Reorder KO sequence.
- One frame shine at "Fight!"
- Enable score counting sound - Key skips (end of) score counting
- Enable Guy intro barrel sound
- Stars: Doesn't blink. - Tweak code to be faster and more smooth
- SPC tweak a bit faster load
- Gen stage splash sound only at water
- Winner screen, 60fps + xy moving sprite
- Put a small tweak to run in PAL @4 seconds: PAL speed turbo 1 (280 frames) almost matching US turbo 1 speed (285 frames). Tested it at SD2SNES (PAL), it's running smoother. More CPU time cause of 50fps

20210308:
---------
- Some more speed tweaks
- Super KO SFX enabled
- Many crash bug fixes
- Sodom name restored stats screen after fight
- Charlie name kept (instead of Nash), since US arcade uses Charlie
- 13 frames faster transition from z to stage
- Intro, Dan faster transition to Australia. Rocks stays
- Faster decompressor (move sets, before battle)
- Akuma Shun-goku-satsu KO animation speed and extended "frames"
- Fixed Dan's fathers frame
- Fixed Shin Akuma buggy frame (neutral jump lp) (Shin akuma wasn't meant to be playable, he has a chain combo while the arcade doesn't)
- More arcade accurate speed
- Music fade out after score counting
- Ryu vs. Sagat (CPU): Sagat starts closer and jumps backwards like arcade
- Akuma teleport second SFX (roar) enabled
- Akuma winning pose reorder (select+button)

20210202:
---------
- Many speed tweaks. Without SA-1
- Restore Nash/Sodom names (except after fight stats)
- Small changes, taken from arcade (like slomo duration after KO)

20210123:
---------
- Faster audio load, upload 2 bytes at the time instead of 1
- Tweaked audio engine for faster start of loading
- Disable some waste sample loads
- Title screen instant move selection after first start
- KO doesn't mute common sounds (punch etc)
- Timing changes in KO
- Super shine (background) length and frame rate like arcade
gizaha

Street Fighter Alpha 2 - Page 2 Image111

Since : 2015-05-13

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Street Fighter Alpha 2 :: Comments

Post Thu 2 Jul 2020 - 13:18 by ErivandoBR

gizaha wrote:
"..."
If you want only this patch, apply the source code straight on the rom with asar.
"...".

I tried to apply .asm directly to the rom, but without success.
Image error:

Street Fighter Alpha 2 - Page 2 MIYs0jo

Do I need to do anything else?
I tried with "fix intro timing.asm" (in the image) and "select gouki with select + start.asm" also without success.

My intention is to have the rom with original audio, but without the pauses between the stages.

Gizaha, thanks again.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 25 Sep 2020 - 7:59 by legzrwheelz

Hello, I am new here. I created an account to thank gizaha. This is (as in today) the first time I have gotten into MSU-1 shenanigans Confused Breakdance

So I was able to get Killer Instinct up and running on snes9x, I love it. I am a bit confused with this pcm pack. I downloaded the Alpha 1 CPS2 Arcade & Arranged Character Remixes Pack and there are separate folders. Do I leave them as is or drag them to the root folder with the rest of the files?

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Fri 25 Sep 2020 - 8:09 by Relikk

It's up to you what you want to do. The arcade and arranged themes are different to each other, so you have a choice of using one or the other. Alpha 1 had fewer themes than Alpha 2 as well, so you'll need an Alpha 2 pack as your base to have every theme available.

So this is the ideal set up...

- An Alpha 2 pack as your base (arranged or arcade)
- The Alpha 1 pack of your choice to overwrite the existing Alpha 2 PCM's (arranged or arcade)

Ideally you want to keep arcade with arcade and arranged with arranged for continuity of music style, but again it's all down to personal preference.

Download foobar2000 and use qwertymodo's PCM plugin to play the PCM's to hear the differences between them.

https://www.zeldix.net/t1543-msu1-audio-player

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 25 Sep 2020 - 9:01 by legzrwheelz

Relikk wrote:It's up to you what you want to do. The arcade and arranged themes are different to each other, so you have a choice of using one or the other. Alpha 1 had fewer themes than Alpha 2 as well, so you'll need an Alpha 2 pack as your base to have every theme available.

So this is the ideal set up...

- An Alpha 2 pack as your base (arranged or arcade)
- The Alpha 1 pack of your choice to overwrite the existing Alpha 2 PCM's (arranged or arcade)

Ideally you want to keep arcade with arcade and arranged with arranged for continuity of music style, but again it's all down to personal preference.

Download foobar2000 and use qwertymodo's PCM plugin to play the PCM's to hear the differences between them.

https://www.zeldix.net/t1543-msu1-audio-player

Thanl you for your response, I am dealing with the issue of no sound though. I double checked the crc on my rom to ensure I have the correct one and I do. So I am confused with what the issue could be, I did what you suggested as welkl and i get no sound. Any ideas?

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Fri 25 Sep 2020 - 9:11 by Relikk

No sound is usually a naming issue. Make sure your ROM, MSU and PCM files all have the same prefix. They should all start with "sfa2-msu1". The PCM's are already named that way, so name the ROM and MSU file the same way. So you should have...

- sfa2-msu1.sfc
- sfa2-msu1.msu
- sfa2-msu1-*.pcm

If there is no MSU file included then you can create your own. Create a new text document, leave it blank, and save it as sfa2-msu1.msu using the "all files" save type.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 25 Sep 2020 - 9:17 by legzrwheelz

Relikk wrote:No sound is usually a naming issue. Make sure your ROM, MSU and PCM files all have the same prefix. They should all start with "sfa2-msu1". The PCM's are already named that way, so name the ROM and MSU file the same way. So you should have...

- sfa2-msu1.sfc
- sfa2-msu1.msu
- sfa2-msu1-*.pcm

If there is no MSU file included then you can create your own. Create a new text document, leave it blank, and save it as sfa2-msu1.msu using the "all files" save type.
I figured it out, I was missing the msu fileand I changed the extension from smc to sfc and it worked. Go figure. Thank you very much for your patience and help! I think flips may have changed the extension or maybe I supplied it with the correct crc but had the wrong extension naming. Either way, I am stoked that I get to play this with such great audio. Thank you for your work!

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Fri 25 Sep 2020 - 9:30 by Relikk

The ROM extension between SFC and SMC shouldn't matter as it's the content of the ROM that is most important, but the MSU file is needed, and the naming scheme. It's always important to check that before you're confident of playing anything as there can be subtle differences between games, depending on whoever hacked it.

For example, some patches and PCM's will have the "sfa2-msu1" type naming with a dash separating the game name and the MSU1 identifier, and some will have "sfa2_msu1" type naming with an underscore instead of the dash.

No problem, happy to help.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 25 Sep 2020 - 9:38 by legzrwheelz

Relikk wrote:The ROM extension between SFC and SMC shouldn't matter as it's the content of the ROM that is most important, but the MSU file is needed, and the naming scheme. It's always important to check that before you're confident of playing anything as there can be subtle differences between games, depending on whoever hacked it.

For example, some patches and PCM's will have the "sfa2-msu1" type naming with a dash separating the game name and the MSU1 identifier, and some will have "sfa2_msu1" type naming with an underscore instead of the dash.

No problem, happy to help.

I am very well aware of the very annoying need for naming schemes to be correct, I have a hyperspin setup and everything needs to be named IDENTICAL or it loses its mind. Maybe it was because I created the msu file that it started working, I did create that and change the extension at the same time so...that makes sense. I did use the pcm file naming just to be extra certain I got the names correct (minus the -* numbering). Again, thank you very much and I look forward to chatting again soon.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 4 Jan 2021 - 11:25 by ErivandoBR

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/01/after_25_years_a_new_cheat_code_has_been_discovered_for_street_fighter_alpha_2_on_the_snes

NintendoLife.com wrote:"Programmer Gizaha from the Zeldix forums has been reverse-engineering the game, and, during this process, has discovered a previously unknown code which unlocks the hidden boss Shin Akuma as a playable character."

Shin Akuma discovered in <2015? - SPOILER:

Last edited by ErivandoBR on Mon 4 Jan 2021 - 13:40; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Text)

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 23 Jan 2021 - 7:58 by gizaha

Some quick draft patches:

Faster audio load, upload 2 bytes at the time instead of 1
tweaked audio engine for faster start of loading

Disable some waste sample loads.
Title screen instant move selection after first start
KO doesn't mute common sounds (punch etc)
Timing changes in ko
Super shine length and "framerate" like arcade

Audio loading is very good now.
In the future i will release more.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 23 Jan 2021 - 8:12 by gizaha

Sorry for late answer, i just saw it.

Shin Akuma discovered in <2015? - SPOILER:

https://twitter.com/yamada_arthur/status/557885993861513218

I admit he discovered Shin akuma before me. All credits go to him
He would probably be a coder in the game.
If i knew it, i would save the time i spent to find it.

However i didn't steal the knowledge, indeed i reverse engineer the rom to find that

it puts 4a4b to 1b09
c0df0d check gouki:
checks if 1b09=4a4b
1c1c is player (1,2)
checks if 7a2(p1)=02(akuma)
checks if ab has bit 10 (pressed start)
puts 14 to 1c20(player=shin akuma)

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 23 Jan 2021 - 9:45 by Conn

@gizaha, I put your new version into first post as v3, much thanks Wink

PS: I also made you the author of first post, so you can edit it to your likings if a new update emerges or something.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 23 Jan 2021 - 12:34 by gizaha

Conn wrote:I also made you the author of first post, so you can edit it to your likings if a new update emerges or something.
Thanks but I would prefer some other person to do it better.
This game has work to do, I would release more patches and the numbering would be messed, so better use the all-time-winner method of capcom, 20210123 (yyyymmdd)

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 23 Jan 2021 - 13:51 by Conn

Good idea, edited accordingly Wink

Back to top Go down

alvarogold

Post Sat 23 Jan 2021 - 19:13 by alvarogold

Great Update @Gizaha Thanks.

i made a Youtube video of this update, enjoy!!

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Sat 30 Jan 2021 - 13:32 by alex_tenjo

@gizaha Could it be please possible that you port your new code to the other regions of that game as you have done on your first release?
You already got me the information that this game have "small offset (c06042 us is c0602a japan)", and I have try to do it with the Japanese version by hex editing all your changes. However with no knowledge in programming I only managed to start the game, play random songs, and get it crashed after the first round (I think I was able to find where all codes should be changed, but in some places, initial values are different, which let me think that hex editing it is far from enough to port it).
Thank you very for your work on that title and to keep polishing it as much as possible.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 30 Jan 2021 - 17:00 by gizaha

alex_tenjo wrote:@gizaha Could it be please possible that you port your new code to the other regions of that game as you have done on your first release?
No i will explain why: I tent to write hunrends of coes, i can't search the points into the other 2 regions and test them, it would take months. I choose US because it's 60fps, while others is 50. Why would you would want a game running in 50 while it's written for 60?
If you want it so much, get the source codes and serch for the points yourself.

alex_tenjo wrote:but in some places, initial values are different
Exactly. You better go to the US point, copy ~10 bytes and search this bytes in PAL rom. And prey to have the same codes, if one of two have revisions, the things get harder.

alex_tenjo wrote:You already got me the information that this game have "small offset (c06042 us is c0602a japan)"
That doesn't mean the rom have the same offset everywhere.

Before make changes, put breakpoint IN BSNES DEBUGGER and see if it's the point you want.

The upcoming patch is brilliant.

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Sun 31 Jan 2021 - 9:27 by alex_tenjo

In fact I have asked for the other regions because I think some people might be interested to play that game in 50Hz even if it was not design for. A fight game in PAL have slower input timings that affect game play directly (more than in platform games for example). If you used to play the PAL version, I can understand that some people might want to keep theirs "gaming memories" (even if the game has been written in 60Hz, back in days PAL players play it at 50Hz because there has no simple other alternative). Do not make me wrong, I understand and I mostly agreed when you oppose 50 and 60Hz. However, that was just a side demand because I am interested in porting your patch to the Japanese version of the game and not to the European version.
I have manually looked for all the changes, and I think I was able to wrote your modified values on the right places. The problem is, even if I found where (or even if I think I found where), some initial "shift" data have differences. Please find below a few examples to illustrate what I am trying to explain:

-- First: the "none problem" case:
-US original  1B6-1BA : A9 80 8D 00 21
-US patched 1B6-1BA : 22 A2 F5 C7 EA
-JAP edited  1B2-1B6 : A9 80 8D 00 21 become 22 A2 F5 C7 EA

-- Second: the "right place to shift" case:
-US original  7E80-7ED1 : FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
-US patched 1B6-1BA : A9 03 8D 43 21 A5 9D 09 80 85 9D 09 29 8D 41 21 60 08 0B E2 30 48 C2 20 A9 00 00 5B E2 20 20 BE 62 68 0A 0A AA E6 FE BD 22 BB 85 82 85 A0 AE A2 07 BD F8 BA 8D 80 00 85 9E AE 22 0A BD F8 BA 8D 81 00 85 9F A9 00 22 3C 60 C0 A9 03 8D A4 1A 2B 28 60
-JAP edited: I do not know if your code need to be put between: 7BF0-7C41 or 7BF1-7C42 or 7E80-7ED1 (I only use logic to assume what could be the right address because I have zero programming knowledge and I do not understand what I am really doing by moving your code).

-- Third: the "initial different values" case:
-US original  AC1-AC3 : 20 69 60
-US patched AC1-AC3 : EA EA EA
-JAP edited  ABD-ABF : 20 51 60 become EA EA EA

-US original  2E7C-2E7E : E1 60 C0
-US patched 2E7C-2E7E : CB F6 C7
-JAP edited  2E67-2E69 : C9 60 C0 become CB F6 C7

-US original  2F91-2F93 : E1 60 C0
-US patched 2E7C-2E7E : DD F6 C7
-JAP edited  2F7C-2F7E : C9 60 C0 become DD F6 C7

Ect...

I attached my last attempt to port your code to let you see that I have not asked you before trying to do it by myself.

Eventually I would say that I easily understand why you could not spend time to port code to all versions, however could it be something that you may consider for your final version of that particular game?

Thanks again for your work and time, I am impatient to try your upcoming patch.
Attachments
Street Fighter Alpha 2 - Page 2 Attachment
AUZJ_msu.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(2 Kb) Downloaded 5 times

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 31 Jan 2021 - 16:43 by Conn

@alex_tenjo, I can understand that people want to play games in their mother tongue, but with 170+ patches it is impossible, so I decided to port them only for RPG:s where basic English skills are insufficient to proceed. But Fighting games? There's mainly the round, Fight and so on translated, why would you need msu support for such a game? You even need to understand less more in Jump'n Run ("Mario, help me please, it is Pfirsich").
+ gizaha's concerns of slow 50 fps

If you give me a valid reason why you despearately want it, I could try to port it via a hex comparison tool by hand for ONE other version of your choice (without guarantee).
Btw: Valid reason is something technical or translation related - simply "I want it" wouldn't count Wink )

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 31 Jan 2021 - 19:13 by gizaha

I agree with Conn. Let's put things in place:

alex_tenjo:
You have a message with over 10 mistakes.
I work at US rom its 60fps like Japan.
You are wrong for input timings.

1) I had the game as a kid in PAL. It's against my gaming memory. Game is written in 60fps for arcades, i read the snes code, i compare with arcade sfa2 code. 60fps is native speed for this game.

2) I agree with Conn. There is no reason to port it in Japan, there are no differences. I put original names in the new patch. If you still want, patch code is available.

3) Don't post code, i'm not gonna help you with that. You don't now my current patch state, is way ahead. I already answer to what you asked in my last message. Read it again and focus at "good luck", "reasons", "ctr+f", "revisions".

4) Every patch makes the previous one look obsolete. Current patch had tweaked code and removed slowdowns, gameplay is very nice. Previous patch is invalid, i make changes, you losing your time.

5) Wait for the new patch, play it and then tell me if you still want to port it in Japan.

End of conversation.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 2 Feb 2021 - 16:14 by gizaha

20210202 changelog:

Many speed tweaks. Without SA-1.
Restore Nash/Sodom names (except after fight stats)
Small changes, taken from arcade (like slomo duration after KO)

-------------------------
Previous patches is "child's play".
Gameplay speed is better, many slowdowns removed. Even the hardest test, Zangief vs Zangief at Nash stage.

Turbo mode is based at "frameskip". It runs occasionally the player's code
twice before draw the frame. Now it can do it without lag frame.

I took from arcade the table that choose the frequency "frameskip" occurs. Now Turbo1 and Turbo2 match arcade speed. (turbo1 skips 3/16, turbo2 skips 4/16).

Slowmotion when player is hitted from projectile is normal. Arcade has exact the same code.

------------------------------------------
* If someone reads asm codes, forgive me for the mess. Comments and code structure are a shame. It's harder and time consuming to clean and translate them than writing a new patch.

** If someone have free time, it would be nice to make a comparison video at youtube, showing slowdown differences.

*** I guess Gamepro review from 1996 have no complains now about this game.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Tue 2 Feb 2021 - 16:36 by Polargames

@gizaha Great Job on the patch. It runs so much better now. It feels like the game has SA-1. Can an old version of you patch be patched with the update file you have posted? Or is it better to do a fresh patch?

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Tue 2 Feb 2021 - 16:39 by Relikk

Always do a fresh patch.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 3 Feb 2021 - 3:52 by Conn

I refreshed the link in first post, so also unregistered users can download it. Thanks, gizaha Smile

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 3 Feb 2021 - 10:53 by Señor Ventura

Oh my god, Where do you have the limit, guys?.

Sad that i can’t download nothing (i can’t do nothing right now), this patch have to be incredible to play. We will wait to youtube xD

Congratulations, and thank you all for all your efforts!!.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next