New Endings The-End-1-of-1

Last edited by SePH on Tue 29 Jan 2019 - 17:54; edited 6 times in total

Floki

New Endings Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

New Endings Empty Re: New Endings

Post by Floki Fri 4 Jan 2019 - 18:31

So there you have it folks, a brand new hack with brand new endings in the works. I've decided to do new endings primarily because I want to link all my completed Zelda 3 hacks together so they reside in the same universe...and also I want to fix all loop holes I've introduced into the story of High Rule Tail...how Conker ended up from being on his throne in Bad Fur Day to in his suddenly appearing in a 8-bit zelda world. That kind of thing!

So my remake will both be a prequel to High Rule Tail and Parallel Worlds.

I've also asked Euclid to cook a second quest so that my hack features two timelines.

The 1st quest will actually take place after the 2nd quest. One of the bad endings you'll get in the 2nd quest takes you back to the 1st quest.

To resume and make things easier, the hacks timeline and chronology will now be in order:

- Conker's Milk Utopia (2nd quest) 
- Conker's Milk Utopia (1st quest)
- Conker's High Rule Tail 
- Zelda Parallel Worlds

Comments and criticisms are welcome!  Blue1

Floki

New Endings Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 4 Jan 2019 - 18:55

Looks awesome and sounds georgeous! Very Happy

I just hope you don't need (much) my help. What began with msu:ing zelda became a sudden death nightmare (sort of). I was one week in vacation and had to make a list to not forget backup/fix anything. It eats all my time in the meanwhile. Getting involved in a new project is something I really have no time for Embarassed
Conn
Conn

New Endings Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Sat 5 Jan 2019 - 5:38

looks good, so i'm guessing if you hit ending #1 first quest = replace save with fresh second quest

if you hit ending #3 in second quest = replace save with fresh first quest (this sounds a bit cruel, there better be some good hints out there as it will catch people off guard)

Assuming if you hit ending #1 in second quest I shouldn't wipe the save.
Euclid
Euclid

New Endings Image212

Since : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 5 Jan 2019 - 5:57

If there's small stuff like making screens shorter/longer I surely can help you, but in the msu section there's daily some bugs or whatever (seeing there are 136 msu games/patches in the meanwhile, no wonder).

People have so complicated names like Kurrono/Jud6ment... so I am forced to use shorties like K, J, puzz, qwerty and so on Razz
Conn
Conn

New Endings Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Sat 5 Jan 2019 - 11:22

Euclid wrote:looks good, so i'm guessing if you hit ending #1 first quest = replace save with fresh second quest

Precisely, so you get to play your previous day and try to change your fate :-P

if you hit ending #3 in second quest = replace save with fresh first quest (this sounds a bit cruel, there better be some good hints out there as it will catch people off guard)

It would actually make sense. It would play like the adventure books. If you reach the bad ending, it loops back to the start. I would definitely need to give some clues somewhere because it could piss off completionists want to get everything in their first run! But then again the 1st quest will be short and the whole game as a whole much shorter (and I'm encouraging multiple playthroughs with the dungeons that can be done in any order), so I'd say go for it!

Assuming if you hit ending #1 in second quest I shouldn't wipe the save.

It would stay the same, allowing you to go for the other endings. Except ending number 3 which players will need to avoid if they don't want to restart the 1st quest :-P

Conn wrote:If there's small stuff like making screens shorter/longer I surely can help you, but in the msu section there's daily some bugs or whatever (seeing there are 136 msu games/patches in the meanwhile, no wonder).

Alright I'll consider it, thanks! I've stopped counting msu hacks when it reached the one hundred hacks count lol

People have so complicated names like Kurrono/Jud6ment... so I am forced to use shorties like K, J, puzz, qwerty and so on Razz

Wasn't what I expected, but makes sense! That'll teach me to use short names! No wonder I never go called S! The best thing I could have got would be that O letter when was I was still known as Orochimaru haha

Floki

New Endings Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Tue 8 Jan 2019 - 2:58

SePH wrote:
Euclid wrote:if you hit ending #3 in second quest = replace save with fresh first quest (this sounds a bit cruel, there better be some good hints out there as it will catch people off guard)

It would actually make sense. It would play like the adventure books. If you reach the bad ending, it loops back to the start. I would definitely need to give some clues somewhere because it could piss off completionists want to get everything in their first run! But then again the 1st quest will be short and the whole game as a whole much shorter (and I'm encouraging multiple playthroughs with the dungeons that can be done in any order), so I'd say go for it!

Meh, on second though I started this project to not piss people off, so don't overwrite the savefile at all if you're playing on the second quest!

Floki

New Endings Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Sun 27 Jan 2019 - 10:11

Here's an exemple how the new endings will look! It will be a blend of ingame sprites and highly detailed backgrounds.

Probably going to be Erock's favorite ending since those squirrel real life pictures come directly from his motivational posts he used to send me all the time in the conker screenshot thread haha.

Might need to adjust the time between the slides, but that can wait till you guys get to play the whole thing!

Very Happy

Floki

New Endings Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Sun 27 Jan 2019 - 18:41

Meh, two endings inserted in one day, getting good at this! This ending is the one that is going to link the game with High rule Tail:

Floki

New Endings Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Mon 28 Jan 2019 - 11:08

If you guys remember in Parallel Worlds, there's this house in snow land named "?'s house", well since Euclid never named the person and his note in that house, it could be anyone... so I came up with this idea, why not make it so that Conker would have been that person and he visited that land way before Link...and there we go!

New Endings Image14

^^Not yet inserted because I need to manually add black lines to each letter and its painstalking long.... but man I love that ending very much!

Floki

New Endings Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Mon 28 Jan 2019 - 14:33

Alright here's the best ending, this one will start after the third slide of ending 4:

New Endings Image43

Just like ending 4, I'll have to add black borders around the texts so its easier to read, but will do that later Very Happy

In case you guys have no ideas what the asm hooks I'm referring to...well:

New Endings Phoenix-Z3-v853-0009

New Endings Image28

New Endings Phoenix-Z3-v853-0010

Already inserted of course lol Very Happy

Floki

New Endings Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Tue 29 Jan 2019 - 13:27

Alright, endings 4 and 5 are ready to be inserted and ending 3 is just missing the four screens to be made and I'll be done with the new endings.

New Endings Image6

New Endings Image2

New Endings Image4

^^decided to drop off my 2nd quest plans for um...reasons.

The game doen't really one when you have 5 different endings I think and it would have required too much extra time for both Euclid and I to get working properly...and besides I'm considering the game nearly done, so I'd rather spend the rest of my freetime (before going back to work soon) finishing my actual tasks which never seem to end then starting new ones at this point haha.

Floki

New Endings Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Tue 29 Jan 2019 - 17:54

New Endings Image28

^^Alright all done, I'll insert them now and call it a day Very Happy

Floki

New Endings Image212

Back to top Go down