MD+ Wishlist

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

MD+ Wishlist - Page 6 Empty Re: MD+ Wishlist

Post by Crawne Sun 19 Nov 2023 - 15:28

ArcadeTV wrote:Already looked into by the author, Sho.

Since this reply I've looked everywhere and even asked Sho themselves, but I haven't found it anywhere. I'm pretty sure the MSU-MD version does not exist.

Crawne
Newcomer

Since : 2023-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazza1986 Tue 2 Jan 2024 - 23:08

Anyone say Landstalker????

Jazza1986
Newcomer

Since : 2022-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Jue69 Thu 4 Jan 2024 - 7:22

Shadow of the Beast: it had great GFX, almost superior to the original, but really poor music (esp. in comparison to the amiga). A hack with the original amiga mod music or the PC-Engine CD soundtracks would be really nice.

Shadows of the Beast 2 had far better music, but having the amiga or SegaCD soundtrack would be nice as well ;-)

Jue69
Newcomer

Since : 2024-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by infinest Sat 17 Feb 2024 - 18:15

Cubear wrote:don't get too excited yet. everything i've tried so far, debugging-wise has been unintuitive to the point of just closing the program and trying another.
I feel your pain. If only Mesen supported the Megadrive. Your best bet in my opinion is Regen, though it still kinda sucks.
Anyways, here's the finished patch for Gain Ground. I've given it a couple test runs but bugs can always still crop up.
https://github.com/Infinest/Gain-Ground-MD-Plus/releases/latest

Relikk's already working on putting together audio packs for it.
infinest
infinest
Rope
Rope

Since : 2024-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Robertson Sun 18 Feb 2024 - 3:38

Infinest Would it be possible for you to create an MD+ patch for the game Yu Yu Hakusho: Sunset Fighters Tectoy Brasil.

Robertson
Cucumber
Cucumber

Since : 2023-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Robertson Mon 19 Feb 2024 - 10:15

MD + Gain Ground (PS-2) with PS2 soundtrack, as Pacht author said a few bugs, I tested in Mega Everdrive Pro and it's working all good, I'll leave the link available to download.

Robertson
Cucumber
Cucumber

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Mon 19 Feb 2024 - 10:18

Umm... Yeah. I already did the audio for Gain Ground with infinest, both PS2 and PC Engine CD. They will be posted in due time. Link removed.
Relikk
Relikk

MD+ Wishlist - Page 6 Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by infinest Mon 19 Feb 2024 - 10:43

Robertson wrote:Infinest Would it be possible for you to create an MD+ patch for the game Yu Yu Hakusho: Sunset Fighters Tectoy Brasil.
Sorry but i'm not gonna be the one to do it. The process for making such a patch involves multiple hours of work and therefore i'm only gonna work on stuff that i have an actual interest in and that is available in english.
infinest
infinest
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by Robertson Mon 19 Feb 2024 - 15:35

Ok I know how it is, Man Could someone create an MD+ pacht for the game Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 for Sega Genesis, It would be very interesting because it doesn't exist yet.

Robertson
Cucumber
Cucumber

Back to top Go down

Post by Robertson Tue 20 Feb 2024 - 16:46

Relikk wrote:Umm... Yeah. I already did the audio for Gain Ground with infinest, both PS2 and PC Engine CD. They will be posted in due time. Link removed.

Dude, you should create good pachts for MD+ games, I know that each game uses a different sound drive, but you have the capacity to create several pachts, the mega drive has a lot of good games, it just needs more attention in this regard.

Robertson
Cucumber
Cucumber

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Tue 20 Feb 2024 - 16:51

I don't create patches. I take care of the audio side of things. infinest, ArcadeTV, jvisser, neodev and others... They create patches, and whatever is good to you might not be good to them.

The best thing for you to do would be to learn to code yourself, so you can create patches for these good games.
Relikk
Relikk

MD+ Wishlist - Page 6 Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Robertson Tue 20 Feb 2024 - 18:54

Relikk wrote:I don't create patches. I take care of the audio side of things. infinest, ArcadeTV, jvisser, neodev and others... They create patches, and whatever is good to you might not be good to them.

The best thing for you to do would be to learn to code yourself, so you can create patches for these good games.

Thanks for the information, I have a friend who is a programmer, I just wanted to know which program to use to create these audio pachts and then I would pass on the information to my friend to make

Robertson
Cucumber
Cucumber

Back to top Go down

Post by infinest Wed 21 Feb 2024 - 12:44

The easiest way to get a setup for making patches is to just copy one of my Github repositories. The important thing is the folder structure and the batch files.

Code:

OUTPUT/ => The final patched ROM will be generated here once "_build.bat" is
executed

PATCH/ => After generating a patched ROM in OUTPUT, execute "_make_ips_patch.bat" to generate an IPS patch for it here

ROMS/ => Put the mega drive ROM you want to make a patch for in here and name it in.md

TOOLS/ => All tools used by the batch scripts need to be put in here, you need to gather all of them yourself as i don't add them to my repositories

Tools you need to put into the TOOLS folder:

For "_build.bat" you will need to have a "patch.asm" file in your root directory. "patch.asm" should contain the actual 68k assembly code you write to modify the game. The source code for my patches except for SoR 2 are all up on my Github so there are plenty of examples available.

You will still need to have a certain degree of knowledge about 68k assembly language and how the Megadrive hardware itself works but with a certain amount of determination and technical predisposition it's not impossible to learn.

Here's are some good resources:

Unfortunately there still aren't any emulators with debugging tools i would deem "good" but your best bet is Regen. Regen itself does not support MD+ however.
Personally I use Regen solely for reverse engineering the original code of the game and debugging my own code.
The actual testing for whether CDDA works as expected I do on Genesis Plus GX via Retroarch.

The actual objective is to reverse engineer the audio driver of the game and find out how exactly it works. Once you have that information you need to replace the code of the game that interacts with the music (Play, Stop, Pause, Resume, Fade out, etc.) and replace it with your own code that implements calls to the MD+ function registers described in the MD+ documentation i linked above.
infinest
infinest
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by kobrakommander Mon 1 Apr 2024 - 23:43

Jue69 wrote:Shadow of the Beast: it had great GFX, almost superior to the original, but really poor music (esp. in comparison to the amiga). A hack with the original amiga mod music or the PC-Engine CD soundtracks would be really nice.
New here, but I'd like to second this. However, as the Japanese MD port is the superior version, doing that one with the original Amiga OST would be fantastic.

kobrakommander
Newcomer

Since : 2024-04-01

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6