Final Fantasy Adventure (Seiken Densetsu 1) for Super Gameboy

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Final Fantasy Adventure (Seiken Densetsu 1) for Super Gameboy - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Fantasy Adventure (Seiken Densetsu 1) for Super Gameboy

Post by Polargames Thu 9 Jan 2020 - 21:35

Conn wrote:Sure, here you go:
https://www.romhacking.net/download/utilities/127/
If you run gif2sopt on a gif 256x224, 87a non-interlaced, you get a pic tileset, tilemap and palette, which you somehow need to get into the rom (I used good old copy/paste method). Furthermore, there is some weired $2119 dma write messing up all your tiles, and yes, some sprites pop up. If you overcome all these problems you experience maybe more like the gif2sopt created tilemap has some errors which you need to correct by hand. Oh and as stated before, the first color is transparent, so if you have instead of black some gb background white... you need to fix that too Very Happy

I have 20 years romhacking experience and this was... hard. So all the best of luck playing around with it Very Happy

Oh and yes. If the program is too old to run on your computer (it is made for DOS), you also need a program called Dosbox.

Cool, Thank you very much Conn Very Happy , I will give it a shot and I will let you know how well I fair with it lol. :-D
Polargames
Polargames

Final Fantasy Adventure (Seiken Densetsu 1) for Super Gameboy - Page 2 Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy Adventure (Seiken Densetsu 1) for Super Gameboy - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Fantasy Adventure (Seiken Densetsu 1) for Super Gameboy

Post by Conn Fri 10 Jan 2020 - 5:43

Back to the topic.
There is a mysterious theme called life lost (mentioned it before):
https://youtu.be/pt9PAsliyr4?list=PLB0xooEkKbSaxj3Eo56iegafVbDJLE_NS
This theme seem to be complete unused nor exists a Adventures of mana remake.

I think it was meant to be used when loosing a life but as a bug or last minute decision square used the requiem for dying. So I changed it in the code for msu to play this life lost:
Code:
0x3415e: 17 -> 1d  

I asked Mathew Valente to make a remaster of it and he succeeded Very Happy Here's his awesome remaster:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KhGoCah-CT0RUCAjGfvAFtMz9zkPedRY

@Jud6Ment, please use this as theme $1d Very Happy
Conn
Conn

Final Fantasy Adventure (Seiken Densetsu 1) for Super Gameboy - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeldal Sat 11 Jan 2020 - 5:44

This is so awesome, this will open the floodgates for so many gameboy games once this is off the ground properly. Personally would love to see the Pokemon and Zelda Series get a headstart since both are iconic.

Zeldal
Bee
Bee

Since : 2017-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 11 Jan 2020 - 6:37

Yes, indeed. However there are some problems. bsnes 113 ff. (and higan) is the only emu that can play it properly, bsnes plus will follow soon.
sd2snes and snes9x maybe never.

The main problem however is that I am indeed getting tired. With my notes:
https://www.zeldix.net/t2043-super-gameboy-msu1
I could give msu support to Link's awakening in 2 hours, but then the usual rat tails follows: mapping the themes and getting pcm:s. So I won't open a new project anymore but only assist other people up to doing it. I have 3 open projects, which are this FFA, FF5 and FF:mystic quest, afterwards my plans are to stop.

Qwertymodo is currently working on a code however to run the msu stuff completely from the GB side, means he transferrs the complete msu code via Data_snd to the sgb bios (which would mean no 2 patches but only one). Maybe he will develop some further GB MSU stuff Wink as far I know he's very interested in Zelda LA DX. Maybe oracle follows, Mario Land, gargoyles quest, FF Legend... there are dozens of roms worth being msu:ed.
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Fri 31 Jan 2020 - 15:16

I'm working on what I hope can be a flexible drop-in MSU-1 engine for the Super GameBoy that can be reused in other games. Between that and the generic DATA_SND subroutine out of the official SGB SDK, it should be pretty straightforward to open this up to lots of other games. If I can figure out a better simple workflow for creating border images, that would be another nice thing to include, I think.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by qwertymodo Wed 5 Feb 2020 - 14:17

My painstaking ordeal of redrawing the original background image pixel-by-pixel, and converting it for this SGB background is nearly complete.  I finally have actual 4bpp tiles generated and imported with the correct palettes Very Happy

Final Fantasy Adventure (Seiken Densetsu 1) for Super Gameboy - Page 2 Mp9Dghk
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2