[Super Game Boy] Mega Man II (Krzysztof Słowikowski)

Go down

[Super Game Boy] Mega Man II (Krzysztof Słowikowski) Empty [Super Game Boy] Mega Man II (Krzysztof Słowikowski)

Post by Nicholas Thu 9 Jul 2020 - 18:24

Download Set

Code:
----------
MSU-1 Info
----------
Title: Mega Man II | Rockman World 2
Publisher: Capcom
Loops: Yes
Source: BandCamp WAV files
Composer: Krzysztof Słowikowski (https://krzysztofslowikowski.bandcamp.com/)
Original Composer: Kenji Yamazaki
Rip Date: 7/9/2020

MSU-1 set compiled by Nigoli

With SGB2's core for SD2SNES. This made me want to make a release for this game. While there is no patch it yet, I hope that this set would match whatever data is within the game for an MSU-1 patch. The GBS set was compared for the track numbering. I also included the unused credit theme at the end of the set, because the data is within the game too for it. So maybe somebody hacking for it could make it play.

Last edited by Nicholas on Sat 11 Jul 2020 - 11:59; edited 3 times in total
Nicholas
Nicholas
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Since : 2018-06-03

http://ngenerals.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

[Super Game Boy] Mega Man II (Krzysztof Słowikowski) Empty Re: [Super Game Boy] Mega Man II (Krzysztof Słowikowski)

Post by JUD6MENT Thu 9 Jul 2020 - 19:13

I have had this exact same thought before but i would go a different route.

I would msu-1 the mega drive game "willy wars" which is a remake of the first 3 mega man games done in a similar way mario all-stars remade mario nes games. If a rom hacker for some reason did this, i would make 2 different PCM packs for it. One with MET (krzyzstof) and one PCM pack that is orchestra and strings music with artists like String Player Gamer. It would be a ton of work, especially since this is a 3 game collection, but i got the time right now and would be totally worth it.

However, our rom hackers are retiring so it probably will not happen.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

[Super Game Boy] Mega Man II (Krzysztof Słowikowski) Image212

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

[Super Game Boy] Mega Man II (Krzysztof Słowikowski) Empty Re: [Super Game Boy] Mega Man II (Krzysztof Słowikowski)

Post by Nicholas Thu 9 Jul 2020 - 19:26

Sure.

Seeing as there's no alternative based on the Mega Drive music The NES versions that Krzyzstof has done wouldn't be bad to do for an MD+ release. It's too bad there's no music solution for NES besides just emulation. I feel like the game itself compared to the originals are pretty shotty at best though, in comparison to Mario with Mario All-Stars. It's too bad Krzyzstof never did an arrangement for the all of Wily Tower anywhere.

I really do see Krzyzstof doing the rest of the Game Boy games, or at least MMV/RW5 is something I see him doing after MMII when it comes to GB. Seeing as it's all new music. He'd have to base it off the GB games and add a twist to it, or differentiate it in such a way where it's just a new composition of the music. Very Happy

I'm sure if you're open to it an MD+ release could be developed. neodev would have to do some helping out. As for the MM2GB. I'm still confident a patch can be made. The music is all set here.
Nicholas
Nicholas
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Since : 2018-06-03

http://ngenerals.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Thu 9 Jul 2020 - 19:37

Either would work. I have not played the gameboy or mega drive ports so i honestly would not know which gameplay remake would be better. I just thought the mega drive version looked better. I have only played the NES versions of this game.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

[Super Game Boy] Mega Man II (Krzysztof Słowikowski) Image212

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Octorok Sat 26 Mar 2022 - 2:13

Nicholas wrote:Sure.

It's too bad Krzyzstof never did an arrangement for the all of Wily Tower anywhere.

He could take that request if you ask him, I've seen him do it before if there was enough interest. I think at this point though he is moving away from Mega Man Stuff slowly now and exploring other things.

Since Wily Tower only ever had a couple of new BGM I think he would be motivated to do a mini-project (maybe anyway).
Octorok
Octorok
Newcomer

Since : 2022-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Arasoi Mon 3 Jul 2023 - 15:17

With all the recent SGB MSU-1 hacks coming out, I think this would be a fine addition.
Arasoi
Arasoi
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down