Krzysztof Słowikowski MMX2 v2 Released

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Krzysztof Słowikowski MMX2 v2 Released Empty Krzysztof Słowikowski MMX2 v2 Released

Post by Nicholas Sat 12 Jan 2019 - 1:08

https://krzysztofslowikowski.bandcamp.com/album/mega-man-x2-gp-v2

I have the files if anybody would be interested in making a MSU-1 pack that could be looped, just let me know what output that you'd need.

Thank you.
Nicholas
Nicholas
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Since : 2018-06-03

http://ngenerals.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Krzysztof Słowikowski MMX2 v2 Released Empty Re: Krzysztof Słowikowski MMX2 v2 Released

Post by JUD6MENT Sat 12 Jan 2019 - 3:56

Are you asking if someone can make the PCM files? I can do that, i was just waiting for him to release them, did notice he did
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Krzysztof Słowikowski MMX2 v2 Released Image212

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Krzysztof Słowikowski MMX2 v2 Released Empty Re: Krzysztof Słowikowski MMX2 v2 Released

Post by Conn Sat 12 Jan 2019 - 5:25

This whole MMX stuff is really confusing Confused

When I look into https://www.zeldix.net/t1440-mega-man-x2

We already have a Krzysztof Słowikowski pack:
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Sat 12 Jan 2019 - 11:31

Conn wrote:This whole MMX stuff is really confusing Confused

When I look into https://www.zeldix.net/t1440-mega-man-x2

We already have a  Krzysztof Słowikowski pack:

The artist decided that because it has been several years since he did his x2 recording he has gotten better as a guitar player, he owns better recording equipment, and he writes better music since he first recorded his x2 album. He made the decision to completely rewrite, and redo, and replay the entire soundtrack of x2 so hos new album is even better than his first one he made years ago. This new album he did is by far better than his previous one he did and it is worth redoing the PCMs for it, especially since megaman x 1-3 is my favorite video games of all time.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Sat 12 Jan 2019 - 13:38

Thank you for properly looping X3's near September of last year. Use it on my SD2SNES now. I bought the new X2 album on bandcamp.

7's v2 needs to be done as well if it could be possible since it has instruments that were left out in the v1 recordings.

Do you also have the X3's Stage Selected BGM from the new X3 set that you did?

Thank you so much for your hard work.
Nicholas
Nicholas
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Sat 12 Jan 2019 - 16:04

Nicholas wrote:Thank you for properly looping X3's near September of last year. Use it on my SD2SNES now. I bought the new X2 album on bandcamp.

7's v2 needs to be done as well if it could be possible since it has instruments that were left out in the v1 recordings.

If i remember right, there were two tracks that the original megaman x3 msu-1 hack did not have. There was no doctor light and i think it was stage select song in the original pcm set so i couldnt figure out which pcm number to make for it. I have a bit more experience now so i will go back and see if i can breakpoint the hack to see what song uploads.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Sat 12 Jan 2019 - 16:11

JUD6MENT wrote:
Nicholas wrote:Thank you for properly looping X3's near September of last year. Use it on my SD2SNES now. I bought the new X2 album on bandcamp.

If i remember right, there were two tracks that the original megaman x3 msu-1 hack did not have. There was no doctor light and i think it was stage select song in the original pcm set so i couldnt figure out which pcm number to make for it. I have a bit more experience now so i will go back and see if i can breakpoint the hack to see what song uploads.
It should be mmx3_msu1-15.pcm that was missing which was the Stage Selected jingle. It would just be nice to have your volume assigned version of it, since the non-looped one was always way too loud. At least on my Super Nt + SD2SNES with the default settings I use. Had to always lower the Audio Cart volume way down to 96 db, until the set you release came about. Smile

You're also right about about the Dr. Light Capsule theme also. Originally DarkShock never made a pointer for it I thought. Also, these also work with the Japanese versions of X2 and X3 for MSU-1 patching (JP X2 had some hiccups like using different SE in different spots when there's too much happening, like Overdrive Ostrich Ride Chaser or random SE in Bubble Crab's stage, not sure if that happens with USA X2). X1 didn't seem to work for me because it's different the way that game is.

Thank you.
Nicholas
Nicholas
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Tue 15 Jan 2019 - 18:46

I finished version 2 of his music, i bought the tracks as well (even though they are also free by him, i wanted to donate as a thanks.) i will release them sometime very very soon, just a little busy today. I also played the whole game yesterday, way fun. I havent forgot Lufia, thats still in the works, even got a few PCM done. Just thought i would knock this one out in a single day because i didnt have to go looking for any songs, had them all ready by one awesome composer so it was a quick project.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Wed 16 Jan 2019 - 0:25

God bless you. Smile

I've been using the X3 set you made with the Zero Project v4.0 hack with no problems.

X2 is my favorite game in the series and I'm very excited to see this. It will be nice to playthrough it so many more times with the new improved set. This will be the first game that I have on my SD2SNES with two different BGMs that I like from the artist.

Thank you for planning my future out and the hard work you've done. I also do not have time these days to even find loop points and manually test to see if things are accurate. So thank you. Smile
Nicholas
Nicholas
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniComputer Wed 16 Jan 2019 - 8:21

Nicholas wrote:https://krzysztofslowikowski.bandcamp.com/album/mega-man-x2-gp-v2

I have the files if anybody would be interested in making a MSU-1 pack that could be looped, just let me know what output that you'd need.

Thank you.

If you want that to happen, I don't mind helping doing the process, band camp sent me a email the other night.
Broke as I am after paying bills couldn't give the guy 2 bucks for the album. Razz
The only thing I ask for return is patience, I think in 10 days flat I'll have it converted over and retuned.

Drop me a pm if you want me to do it.
MiniComputer
MiniComputer
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Since : 2017-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Wed 16 Jan 2019 - 13:28

MiniComputer wrote:
Nicholas wrote:https://krzysztofslowikowski.bandcamp.com/album/mega-man-x2-gp-v2

Thank you.

If you want that to happen, I don't mind helping doing the process, band camp sent me a email the other night.
Broke as I am after paying bills couldn't give the guy 2 bucks for the album. Razz
The only thing I ask for return is patience, I think in 10 days flat I'll have it converted over and retuned.

Drop me a pm if you want me to do it.

No need, i have it finished. Im going to upload it when i am out of class, so like in two hours
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Wed 16 Jan 2019 - 16:08

Ok guys, it is finished. Here is the link. I also added link to the X2 MSU-1 post

Krzysztof Slowikowski 2019 Remastered Version by JUD6MENT

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EpkQBh_uBOnXsSncBvdpcOZdoMPq8CgZ
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Thu 17 Jan 2019 - 1:19

JUD6MENT wrote:Ok guys, it is finished. Here is the link. I also added link to the X2 MSU-1 post

Krzysztof Slowikowski 2019 Remastered Version by JUD6MENT

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EpkQBh_uBOnXsSncBvdpcOZdoMPq8CgZ
Thank you so much for this. The loops sound great from what I've tried so far.

Unfortunately, the volume is a tad too low. Sad

I have my Super Nt at 255 Audio Cartridge Volume and my SD2SNES is at 12dbS and it still sounds low with the audio. I'm sorry that I have to report such a problem and it's a shame I want to use a real hardware esque way of playing. The X3 set you made didn't have this problem and didn't have to readjust the volume and was at the default SNT 175 and no boosting on the SD2SNES.
Nicholas
Nicholas
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniComputer Thu 17 Jan 2019 - 9:55

Hmm I'll take care of adjusting the volumes abit.
After looking at his pcm's in audacity, some of the volumes are tad too low but I can hear it great on snes9x. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Conn if your reading this, don't be too upset with me, I am doing him a favor and for anyone else.

Thanks for understanding.
MiniComputer
MiniComputer
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 17 Jan 2019 - 12:58

Conn if your reading this, don't be too upset with me, I am doing him a favor and for anyone else.

Thanks for understanding.
Why should I be upset? I never dealt with any pcm and let you guys do... whatever you think best Smile I only do maintainence like backuping, shiftign to first post and such things.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Thu 17 Jan 2019 - 13:08

Is there a way to make it like the X3 set done by JUD6MENT and that set's volume levels?

Tried using GoldWave to try doing things myself but I wasn't sure if the loop points were retained. If there was a tool without ruining the existing set just done by him I wouldn't have any problems. Again, sorry this is an issue.
Nicholas
Nicholas
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Thu 17 Jan 2019 - 13:10

@Nicholas You will loose the loop points when converting back to PCM. You will need any HEX editor to open the PCM file to obtain the loop value to restore the loop point (if using wav2msu or msupcm/json methods).

pev

Krzysztof Słowikowski MMX2 v2 Released Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Thu 17 Jan 2019 - 13:15

@Nicholas In this example, I use WindHex to open a Ninja Gaiden Trilogy PCM sample. Any other HEX editor will work the same too (see image below).
Krzysztof Słowikowski MMX2 v2 Released Msu110
What you see in the red block is your loop point. The loop point always begins on 5th byte location, in this case location at $000004, since $000000 is counted as well (after "MSU1" text string on the right column).
It is in HEX so you have to convert it using a HEX to Decimal tool. The link below will do this for you.
LINK: https://www.binaryhexconverter.com/hex-to-decimal-converter

*Note: You enter the value in reverse order, ie. 052EED and not ED2E05.
Krzysztof Słowikowski MMX2 v2 Released Msu1-210

The drawback, you have to do this for every track. Unless, JUD6MENT can provide the loop points for you (and save you the hassle).

Last edited by pepillopev on Thu 17 Jan 2019 - 14:39; edited 13 times in total

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Thu 17 Jan 2019 - 13:19

@pepillopev Thank you! That is nice to know. Maybe I could try comparing when I get home later and add back the original values and adjust it to X3's volume set.

Maybe I can say what db boost to use instead of having two different sets and the confusion it can create for emulator users. Sorry it's a problem for me and happy I can adjust it this way. There wouldn't be any quality loss besides volume boosting I'm assuming which is nice.
Nicholas
Nicholas
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Thu 17 Jan 2019 - 14:04

Nicholas wrote:Maybe I can say what db boost to use instead of having two different sets and the confusion it can create for emulator users. Sorry it's a problem for me and happy I can adjust it this way. There wouldn't be any quality loss besides volume boosting I'm assuming which is nice.

@Nicholas You can make a simple command prompt batch file indicating each track's respective loop points using wav2msu. You will not lose any "audio fidelity" quality switching from PCM->WAV or WAV->PCM in itself.

Only risk you will encounter in your trial and error process is making your WAV file to loud (clipping). But this is minimal, if you have backups to start over in case you mess up. Much luck.

Wink

Last edited by pepillopev on Thu 17 Jan 2019 - 14:36; edited 1 time in total

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniComputer Thu 17 Jan 2019 - 14:27

Conn wrote: I only do maintainence like backuping, shiftign to first post and such things.

Sure you do... >_> don't knock over the coffee mug on your desk while your feet are still propped up. j/k

@nicholas at lunch I was looking at this and just wanted to be sure of something.
https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=7305.0
Check which firmware you have, I think 2 of their firmwares causes issues with sound.
@pepillopev I saw your message about the volume batch cool stuff and all.
However let me pm nicholas a new set of pcm files he requested.
Never hurts to be super sure everything is right and the custom console is still causing a problem. =/
MiniComputer
MiniComputer
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Thu 17 Jan 2019 - 14:32

@MiniComputer It is all good. No harm done. After consulting with Conn, it is best to leave you all do what you feel is best for yourselves. Every now and then, I will leave some useful info for everyone to do their own sets their way.

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Thu 17 Jan 2019 - 17:02

Wow, i got some people tell me its too loud and some people telling me its not loud enough and a lot of people telling me they will fix it for me. I think part of the problem is the composer pushes the volume in his soundtrack to the max and it is a loud soundtrack, leaving very little room for error because and makes it easy to crack. I think maybe the solution is to make two PCM sets, one with louder music for SD2SNES and one for other emulators.

If anyone wants to help, if you play on the emulator, on the X2 page download the PCM files there, and the second link that has a new PCM-27. I got a report that this particular track was too loud for emulator so a made a quietter version. PCM-27 plays when you defeat the intro giant robot and the X hunter cutscene comes in. If we find this PCM set good for emulators then we have the emulator version done. I found that if i go any louder the game will crack in audio when on snes9x or snes9x gx for the mod wii. My wife and i played the whole game before i released it and i strongly believe this is good on an emulator. We even played it swapping between the original game, the new PCMs i made, and the old PCMs and it all seemed perfect, but i guess we are having problems now, and we will get to the bottom of them.

Now for SD2SNES, i dont own one but i will take your guys word for it. I will make a new soundtrack for it and release it later tonight here on this thread (about 8 hours from now) for you guys with a sd2snes and it will be louder. I will also upload all my files i used to make the PCMs, which will show loop points, and you guys can tweak it as you like. If somehow we can find a PCM set that works for both that will be awesome, but i really think we are going to need to go with two.

If someone makes a new PCM set, i dont care, wont be offended, but dont put my name on it, its yours now. And dont repost my name on another website. Just thought i would throw that out there because of some private messages i have been getting. Basically only i am going to release stuff with my name on it. Thank you.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 17 Jan 2019 - 18:16

This almost sounds like an old ds patch is floating around that differs between 60 and ff. I deleted the 60 (emulator use) patch recently here, but if some users downloaded the hack from romhacking and play with the emulator version might explain the trouble.
All people having issues, redownload the hack from this site and apply on a fresh rom:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1440-mega-man-x2#29768

Ok, I briefly checked myself. The patch provided on this site renders the volume to FF (as it should be for both emulator and sd2snes boost). The music is loud, but not too loud imo.
If somebody plays with a hack from romhacking (the outdated emulator version which renders the sound to 60), it might be too silent.

Anyone interested can make a bsnes write hook breakpoint at $2006 to see which volume it has (will have multiple hits on fading so set with care).
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Thu 17 Jan 2019 - 18:30

Conn wrote:This almost sounds like an old ds patch is floating around that differs between 60 and ff. I deleted the 60 (emulator use) patch recently here, but if some users downloaded the hack from romhacking and play with the emulator version might explain the trouble.
All people having issues, redownload the hack from this site and apply on a fresh rom:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1440-mega-man-x2#29768

Ok, I briefly checked myself. The patch provided on this site renders the volume to FF (as it should be for both emulator and sd2snes boost). The music is loud, but not too loud imo.

Thanks Conn for your help, i will reapply this patch just to make sure i got the right thing. Once we all have the same patch, and with some trial and error, i am certain we can get a PCM that works for everyone with the volume. I also hope everyone takes the moment to reapply their patch as well, just to make sure we are all hearing the same experience.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next