PCM request: Super Mario World Restored

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

PCM request: Super Mario World Restored - Page 2 Empty Re: PCM request: Super Mario World Restored

Post by saviorx Mon 8 Feb 2021 - 19:19

Thanks for the help. I went with the new non-sa1 patch you posted since I don't use any smw mods.That fixes the volume.

So are the yoshi versions possible to implement when getting on/off yoshi in the future?
saviorx
saviorx
Bee
Bee

Since : 2018-03-26

Back to top Go down

PCM request: Super Mario World Restored - Page 2 Empty Re: PCM request: Super Mario World Restored

Post by Dinierto Mon 8 Feb 2021 - 20:00

Relikk wrote:Good to hear. Everything should be plain sailing from here on in. Just need the rest of the tracks now.

Were the resources for all tracks available? Or is it like All-Stars where only some were?

Dinierto
Rope
Rope

Since : 2021-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinierto Mon 8 Feb 2021 - 20:01

saviorx wrote:Thanks for the help. I went with the new non-sa1 patch you posted since I don't use any smw mods.That fixes the volume.

So are the yoshi versions possible to implement when getting on/off yoshi in the future?

Oh poop I didn't even noticed if that happens

Dinierto
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Tue 9 Feb 2021 - 4:59

saviorx wrote:So are the yoshi versions possible to implement when getting on/off yoshi in the future?

It's possible, but not in the same way the original game does it. You can switch tracks when Yoshi is mounted, but it wouldn't be a seamless transition carrying on from the same place in the music. It'd be a hard switch to the Yoshi bongos track, but from the very beginning of it, and then a hard switch back to the beginning of the normal track when you get dismounted, and obviously this can happen numerous times in one level. It'd sound a bit of a mess.

Dinierto wrote:Were the resources for all tracks available?  Or is it like All-Stars where only some were?

Resource wise, I'm pretty sure everything is available to the authors. It's a matter of time where finished releases are concerned, but whatever has been finished has been uploaded to The Bricksters YouTube channel with a link provided in the description to the lossless file for someone like me to work with, and unless something is released while I'm sleeping I'll have the track edited and available for download pretty quickly.

I think everything is available for All-Stars as well (and many others), but they're mostly focusing on Super Mario World for the time being.
Relikk
Relikk

PCM request: Super Mario World Restored - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by The Brickster Wed 10 Feb 2021 - 8:28

We do mostly have everything available for World, except for a Clarinet and the Heavy Guitar used in the fight with King Koopa. As a result, any songs using those will need to be delayed, until they can hopefully be found.

For the other games, there isn't actually too much found for them yet, so we are finding and researching samples as we go.

Last edited by The Brickster on Wed 10 Feb 2021 - 8:28; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed broken quote stuff.)

The Brickster
Newcomer

Since : 2021-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinierto Wed 10 Feb 2021 - 10:44

The Brickster wrote:We do mostly have everything available for World, except for a Clarinet and the Heavy Guitar used in the fight with King Koopa. As a result, any songs using those will need to be delayed, until they can hopefully be found.

For the other games, there isn't actually too much found for them yet, so we are finding and researching samples as we go.

Thanks again for your awesome work, this is already one of my favorite MSU-1 packs because of what you guys have been doing.

Dinierto
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by GDubs Tue 16 Feb 2021 - 4:15

I came to actually hope and request someone was doing this, and someone beat me to it! I'm super excited to see this completed.

Are there plans to use Luigi's sprite like the All Stars + Mario World version? Would that even be possible?

GDubs
Newcomer

Since : 2017-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Tue 16 Feb 2021 - 4:18

I'm not sure but that could be a part of the MSU+ hack, already.

https://www.zeldix.net/t1437-super-mario-world-msu
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by FBBTJ Tue 16 Feb 2021 - 15:33

Yes, MSU+ hack already have this change for Luigi's sprite.

By the way, according to this MSU-1(+) hack's Readme file, it is said that :
Due to bugs and the ram address remapping in the SA-1 patch, none of the enhancements included in the normal rom are avaiable. You can say the SA-1 with MSU-1 patch version is more like a proof of concept.
So, are we agree that, we have to use the "MSU1 only" patch and not the "MSU1 + SA1" patch to have all the hack included in the MSU+ ? Just to be sure. Thank you ;-)

FBBTJ
Rope
Rope

Since : 2021-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperFeistyFox Thu 11 Mar 2021 - 11:38

What is meant by SPC fallback?

SuperFeistyFox
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2020-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Thu 11 Mar 2021 - 11:51

SuperFeistyFox wrote:What is meant by SPC fallback?

It means that when a PCM file isn't present to replace the original SPC audio, the original SPC audio will play instead so there's no silence, so it "falls back" to original audio.

PCM file detected - PCM file plays
No PCM file detected - SPC audio plays
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Fri 2 Apr 2021 - 4:45

First update in about 5 weeks and a small, but welcome one. Bonus Game Cleared has been added.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by FBBTJ Fri 2 Apr 2021 - 14:52

Thanks a lot :-)

FBBTJ
Rope
Rope

Since : 2021-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by SparrowHawkXu7 Sat 9 Jul 2022 - 14:03

Hey Relikk, is this still making progress?
SparrowHawkXu7
SparrowHawkXu7
Newcomer

Since : 2021-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Sat 9 Jul 2022 - 14:15

Unfortunately not. The latest activity was from four months ago, and that was just an update to a track that was already done before (boss battle), so whatever is completed in the folder is what's available.

This is the YouTube channel where they're released: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdJnVvZwukFbTn56fRMBHEw

SimCity is being done at the moment. If they complete that I can add them to the existing MSU1 hack.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubear Sun 14 Aug 2022 - 0:24

saviorx wrote:So are the yoshi versions possible to implement when getting on/off yoshi in the future?

Technically, yes.

To have separate yoshi bongos tracks that shift "seamlessly" code would need to be written that increments in the same count of samples as the PCM plays, so that it could then be called using MSU_SEEK to go to the correct point in the track when switching. this could take a new revision of the MSU1 standard as i'm not sure if it currently supports seeking to sample numbers of newly-called tracks.

That still wouldn't be perfect on real hardware as there are split second load times, but could be possible.

A second option would be to rewrite the way the game is muted, to mute all audio channels from SPC aside from the yoshi bongos. this would play the SPC version of yoshi bongos overtop of the MSU1 track.

This has its own issues with making sure things are running in sync so that the bongos happen at the appropriate time, and of course, it's only SPC quality bongos and not the original samples.

The second option would be perfectly compatible with real hardware however, and is thusly my preferred solution (Not to mention keeping track of the number of samples played seems like a nightmare)

i've done a little bit of preliminary work towards this style of hack as a proof of concept as well, but nothing done that i would personally release.

Last edited by Cubear on Fri 8 Mar 2024 - 16:18; edited 1 time in total
Cubear
Cubear

Since : 2021-11-17

https://www.patreon.com/Cubear

Back to top Go down

Post by grandosegood Fri 8 Mar 2024 - 16:14

Hey all, I wanted to thank you for all your help, as well as your passion for music and nintendo

This is the AquadMIDI set that was provided by Freeloader86 and created by AQUA MIDI, but i fixed a few tracks and made the below changes to the P-switch music.

I've edited the p-switch pcm so it has the actual p-switch sound effect and the "time is running out" sound effect towards the end.

I figured this would be appropriate since it's in the same category as restored music for super mario world

Please see attached, thanks!

https://file.io/ELVZxSdismwk

grandosegood
Hardhat Beetle
Hardhat Beetle

Since : 2023-07-22

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2